SO MANY FALSE PASTORS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 8, 2023
..Most men and women who inhabit the pulpit have been educated to teach the Word of G-d. What if the criteria use to educate has been designed to only give part of the story, could this be deemed as a false prophet?
Yes, a fool with a theology college degree is still just a fool, that's why our only pastor/ minister should be Jesus himself..:)-
Jesus said- "Call nobody teacher except me" (Matt 23:8-10)
And he warns us-
"Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
You will know them by their fruits... every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit...Therefore by their fruits you'll know them" (Matt 7:15-20)

They can't get under the bible's radar..:)
"For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ.And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." (2 Cor 11:13/14)
False prophets will bring damnable heresies and false teachers" (2 Peter 2:1)

Ungodly men have slipped in among you" (Jude 4:4)

Musicmaster

Feb 8, 2021
Generally speaking, churchianity is something we all can take or leave. For those who enjoy attending and supporting it, I have no issues with them doing so. What I find most striking about that model is that it's not churning out spiritual giants. That generally entails the institutional pastors putting themselves out of a job, and that clearly is not at all what they want. Career building in a setting of the audience held in perpetual sheepdom is what that model mostly exemplifies.

What most churchianity attendees and supporters don't seem to understand is that each professing believer is responsible for their own learning and growth. All are without excuse for remaining in a static state of ignorance and perpetual milk-drinking! When the institutional model is the teat upon which the masses feed, all without any desire to grow into the spiritual giants to which we are all called, that's on each one of them, not others who fail to spur them on to greater heights.

MM

Aug 8, 2023
..What most churchianity attendees and supporters don't seem to understand is that each professing believer is responsible for their own learning and growth..
Yes..:)-
"Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philip 2:12 KJV)

Musicmaster

Feb 8, 2021
These are simply additional outflows that demonstrate the inferiority of the institutional model, based on its being man-made. The institutional model is not at all representative of the (C)hurch.

For those who want validation for that fact:

1) No unbeliever, and no values and morals within the mean-spirited hearts of unbelievers, will ever enter into the population of the (C)urch since the (C)urch is God-breathed rather than man-made. The (C)hurch remains clean and undefiled by those to whom Christ will say, "Depart from me, for I never knew you!" The (C)hurch is not defined and is not confined within walls built by the hands of men.

2) Unbelievers of every stripe can and do darken the doorsteps, and even join the membership roles, of the institutional model, warming its seating with their bodies filled with unrepentant sin and disbelief.

That "church of Engliand," that too is purely man-made, steeped in political intrigue and avarice, so I personally have no regard for it!

MM

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
Maybe someone should start an Op called
SO MANY FALSE ARMCHAIR THEOLOGIANS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Just thinking outloud....

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
I do know i a thankful my Salvation does not depend on me the sinner saved by Grace
Actually it does. Those "falling away" do so by choice. But they are without excuse, because God created us in Christ Jesus unto good works, that we should walk in them.
Blessings.:)

Musicmaster

Feb 8, 2021
Maybe someone should start an Op called
SO MANY FALSE ARMCHAIR THEOLOGIANS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Just thinking outloud....
Actually, that should also include lettered theologians (those with accredited lettering attached to their names) who are as prone to gross error as the armchair theologians. There are some with large quantities of letters attached to their names who are as wrong as the day is long.

MM

Musicmaster

Feb 8, 2021
Actually it does. Those "falling away" do so by choice. But they are without excuse, because God created us in Christ Jesus unto good works, that we should walk in them.
Blessings.:)
Ah, but the extreme levels of "reformed" theology would say that it doesn't matter what one does or thinks since their salvation, or lack thereof, had nothing to do with their own personal choices since Yah allegedly created the majority of mankind purposed for populating Hell...

MM

Aug 8, 2023
..Unbelievers of every stripe can and do darken the doorsteps, and even join the membership roles, of the institutional model, warming its seating with their bodies filled with unrepentant sin and disbelief..
Yes and when they wake up every morning they should thank God for giving them another day of life on earth to repent and turn to Jesus.
But if they die unrepentant all their chances have finally run out-
"He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still." (Revelation 22:11)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
ALL KINDS OF EVIL = ALL EVIL. Evil is evil. And it is not Satan who is tempted with money either.

At the same time, money itself is neutral, But it is the LOVE of money (greed, covetousness) that is at the root of all evil (or all kinds of evil). False prophets are shown to be also greedy of filthy lucre. All these "Christian" TV personalities who are flaunting their wealth are undermining the Gospel, since they have gotten rich on the backs of poor Christians. If that is not evil, then nothing is.
I disagree with your opening statement, which is wrong in its simplicity and exhaustiveness. Cain’s evil (murder of Abel) was not motivated by love of money. It’s an error of scope.

Fillan

Oct 25, 2022
Ah, but the extreme levels of "reformed" theology would say that it doesn't matter what one does or thinks since their salvation, or lack thereof, had nothing to do with their own personal choices since Yah allegedly created the majority of mankind purposed for populating Hell...

MM
Hello Muicmaster. Talking of extreme doctrines, it reminds me of the scripture: whoever fears God will avoid all extremes” (Ecclesiastes 7:18). Perhaps there is a balance to be struck, human choices can have an effect, but if God's will doesn't also have an effect (and rightly a greater effect) then we're giving him less of a will than we permit ourselves. God Bless You :)

Musicmaster

Feb 8, 2021
Hello Muicmaster. Talking of extreme doctrines, it reminds me of the scripture: whoever fears God will avoid all extremes” (Ecclesiastes 7:18). Perhaps there is a balance to be struck, human choices can have an effect, but if God's will doesn't also have an effect (and rightly a greater effect) then we're giving him less of a will than we permit ourselves. God Bless You :)
I'm curious as to what version of the Bible you quoted?

MM