So much more about Jesus not written

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
Looking at John 21 verse 25, the last words there.
Reflecting on this, what did it mean?
There must have been so many Jesus healed, taught, who could not write anything. So much He did that will never be known. Since His time countless books have been written. It is a sincere statement at the end of this gospel, simple expressing the fact that all the writer could write, he did.

Of course Jesus's work continues, countless lives are being transformed, healing goes on, that will never reach print. We who are Christians, continue His message as best we are able. If people are prepared to listen and understand.

Do you find people listen and do you try to explain and lead them to the Bible?
It's just the cacophony and distractions of this world form a barrier, making it difficult. But the noise and busyness is robbing souls of their eternal future with Christ. This life really is a little day, a breath, a shadow, an illusion.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
John 21 verse 25
There are many more things that Jesus did. If all of them were written down, I suppose
that not even the world itself would have space for the books that would be written.

:)

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
There are many more things that Jesus did. If all of them were written down, I suppose
that not even the world itself would have space for the books that would be written.

Amen what if we though of him from the beginning ?

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:16-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1, 10, 14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He’s the the source of creation and has done all things

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
There must have been so many Jesus healed, taught, who could not write anything. So much He did that will never be known. Since His time countless books have been written. It is a sincere statement at the end of this gospel, simple expressing the fact that all the writer could write, he did.

Of course Jesus's work continues, countless lives are being transformed, healing goes on, that will never reach print. We who are Christians, continue His message as best we are able. If people are prepared to listen and understand.

It's just the cacophony and distractions of this world form a barrier, making it difficult. But the noise and busyness is robbing souls of their eternal future with Christ. This life really is a little day, a breath, a shadow, an illusion.
What we have written in the Bible is all that God intended us to know. It is sufficient to carry out the designs of God for man. Indeed, many, many books have been written about Jesus Christ and many more on the Doctrinal subject of Christology BUT only the Bible is Inspired.

I found your statement.. "Do you find people listen and do you try to explain and lead them to the Bible? One that caused me the greatest thought.

In my thirty plus years of experience, as a believer, this has been the source of many a disappointment. So very, very, very many will not sit down with their Bible open and discuss the Scriptures. Talk.. Yes. Study.. No! Most people who are not Christians and even those who are, rarely will sit down and discuss Doctrinal Truth from the Scriptures. Sadly, people want to believe what THEY want to believe and often it is not the Truth of what God has revealed.

So I feel your pain. Nevertheless, God's Truth stands firm.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Amen what if we though of him from the beginning ?

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.” Genesis‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible,
whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him,
and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist.”
Colossians‬ ‭1:16-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Nehemiah 9:6 plus John 1:3

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
What we have written in the Bible is all that God intended us to know. It is sufficient to carry out the designs of God for man.
Hello Awelight, I agree, and what you just said also reminded me of the following verse (which is a favorite of mine, a verse that I've never thought of in reference to John 21:25, but in a sense anyway, it does seem to fit).
Deuteronomy 29
29 The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.
God bless you!!

--David

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

Nehemiah 9:6 plus John 1:3
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

……. And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:3, 6, 9-10‬ ‭

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth.”

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1, 10, 14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, Which lifteth up the waves thereof.

….Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, And he bringeth them out of their distresses. He maketh the storm a calm, So that the waves thereof are still.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭107:25, 28-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭14:21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?

And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭4:37-41‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.”

“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

before the gospel

“Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment. And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭59:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

After the gospel

Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:34‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Jesus's work continues, countless lives are being transformed, healing goes on, that will never reach print. We who are Christians, continue His message as best we are able. If people are prepared to listen and understand. Do you find people listen and do you try to explain and lead them to the Bible?
Hello Mary, I've found that most hear a portion of what I'm saying to them (about the Lord Jesus/the Gospel), and they react to it in various ways, but having someone truly listen to and engage with what I'm saying is rare (sadly). Then again, it took me 30 years and two months to finally "listen and engage" and come to saving faith, even though I am someone who was baptized as an infant and raised in the church (so to speak).

BTW, I loved it, for the most part (church and Christianity, that is), what I understood of all of it anyway, so I never held anything in particular against it (like many/most? unbelievers seem to do), and I always "thought" that I was a Christian, until the moment that I finally became one, that is!

Then, when I became a believer (37 years ago now), I 'knew' that I had the most important and wonderful/wondrous news on Earth to share with, well, EVERYBODY, but I quickly discovered that NO ONE actually wanted to hear it (they were, more often than not, offended by it for one reason or another instead).

As a result, I try to think of myself as a "seed planter" or "waterer", with a much lower expectation of seeing people come all the way to saving faith than I used to have.

I agree with what you just said, that this life is but a breath (when compared to eternity), and that the world, the flesh and the devil seem to form an insurmountable barrier between the Lord and the unbelieving world.

The question is, what makes it possible for some of us to see past this barrier and come to saving faith, while others are never able to :unsure: In the case of those who die outside of Christ, I think that even if EVERYTHING that the Lord Jesus said and did during His ministry years here had been written down for us, it wouldn't have made a difference (in the lives of those who reject the Lord Jesus, that is).

Interestingly, at one point in His ministry (and from that point on then) the Lord changed from teaching the people in simple, understandable terms/ways/illustrations and began speaking to them in parables instead (so that they could no longer understand what He was actually saying). As a result..............
Matthew 13
10 The disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”
11 Jesus answered them, “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted.
12 For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him.
13 Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.” (for a bit more see: Matthew 13:1-17)​
Why do you think that He made this change to His ministry, to teaching the people in parables, that is :unsure:

Thanks!

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy

Aug 27, 2023
Mark 13:3
But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.”

I would assume, Christ told us everything we need to know.
But there is much evidence that Jesus as a young man traveled to England with Joseph of Ariamathia.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
...there is much evidence that Jesus as a young man traveled to England with Joseph of Ariamathia.
Hello Truthnightmare, do you mean prior to His ministry years :unsure: (as those three years in public ministry seem very well-documented, and a journey of about 14,000 miles on foot would have certainly been both noticed and documented).

Also, the Lord Jesus told us who He was sent here to minister to, specifically.

Matthew 15
24 Jesus answered and said, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
Since this is the case, how would His travelling to England have been in keeping with that :unsure:

Finally, what is the evidence of which you speak (that He travelled to England)?

Thanks!

~Deuteronomy

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023

we may hear the myriad # of works Jesus performed when we get to heaven. more & more, lately, people are listening to me on my witnessing & a lot of catholics are telling me they don't agree with most of the catholic beliefs.

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
Hello Awelight, I agree, and what you just said also reminded me of the following verse (which is a favorite of mine, a verse that I've never thought of in reference to John 21:25, but in a sense anyway, it does seem to fit).
Deuteronomy 29
29 The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.
God bless you!!

--David
Thank you David for your kind words and this most applicable verse.

God be with you.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
What we have written in the Bible is all that God intended us to know.
This is true since God has selectively given us everything we need "for life and godliness". What too many people --even Christians -- fail to always keep in mind is that the written Word is also a LIVING Word (Heb 4:12,13). And the Bible says that the Gospel in the POWER OF GOD unto salvation (Rom 1:16). So if a preacher did nothing other than read the Word, it would have its own impact. And the Bible which has been preferred by Christians over 400 years is the King James Bible, since it is a faithful and powerful translation which has stood the test of time.

Aug 27, 2023
Hello Truthnightmare, do you mean prior to His ministry years :unsure: (as those three years in public ministry seem very well-documented, and a journey of about 14,000 miles on foot would have certainly been both noticed and documented).

Also, the Lord Jesus told us who He was sent here to minister to, specifically.
Matthew 15
24 Jesus answered and said, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
Since this is the case, how would His travelling to England have been in keeping with that :unsure:

Finally, what is the evidence of which you speak (that He travelled to England)?

Thanks!

~Deuteronomy
Hello, sorry for the late response..

Well I guess it be best for me to answer your questions directly? And I will provide evidence of what you ask…
England is part of the natural tribes of Israel.

And you can go to YouTube and type in “Traditions of Glastonbury” Raymond capt…To kinda get a feel of where I’m coming from.

Nice to meet you.

Komentaja

Jul 29, 2022
Hello, sorry for the late response..

Well I guess it be best for me to answer your questions directly? And I will provide evidence of what you ask…
England is part of the natural tribes of Israel.

And you can go to YouTube and type in “Traditions of Glastonbury” Raymond capt…To kinda get a feel of where I’m coming from.

Nice to meet you.
Oh boy. British Israelism huh. Im waiting for the proof as well, but I have never seen any presented.

The "proof" ive seen presented is some heralds of the english royalty and thats about it. I've also heard that Issachar is Finland since its doing tribute between two nations historically (russia and sweden) but that again could fit to so many other countries as well.

Aug 27, 2023
Oh boy. British Israelism huh. Im waiting for the proof as well, but I have never seen any presented.

The "proof" ive seen presented is some heralds of the english royalty and thats about it. I've also heard that Issachar is Finland since its doing tribute between two nations historically (russia and sweden) but that again could fit to so many other countries as well.
Where are you looking to gather the proof you desire?