So you think you are an empath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

morefaithrequired

I might describe myself as an empath. if I wasn't such an unreliable listener.
But Ive noticed in this hyper psychologically aware world, that people are attracted to such labels.
"I'm one of the good guys. Not like one of those nasty narcissists!"
So you are either a narcissist or an empath. You couldn't possibly be both? that would be too confusing. Yes I much prefer to keep it simple.
I suffer and those other people cause my suffering! narcissists go to Hell and empaths go to Heaven. they took advantage of my nice nature and I would've spoiled my totally nice reputation by standing up to them. So I didn't stand up to them.
I do occasionally listen very well to people. Probably because I like them. they said something that struck a chord. But if they become talkaholics, I start to feel very sorry for myself. And I wonder if this suffering is a waste. yeah ok "look Im really busy at the moment. sorry I have to leave"....wow I said it ! How assertive I am! Feel the power! But look...he feels sad and neglected that I cut him off. How cruel I am! You mean Im a perpetrator now...not a victim? this is confusing....

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
Not sure the point of your statement. Personnaly, I don't believe any human can read minds via paranormal powers, which is what an empath is suppose to be capable of.

Also don't know why being an empath would assure someone of going to heaven.

Dooms

Feb 8, 2018
A part of being a part of Christ's Kingdom is being the suffering servent. The person that has done nothing wrong and yet has to deal with all of the consequences. He love those folks so much!

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
A suffering servant doesn't need paranormal powers though. Agape love will serve them.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Empath is a occult thing. Listening and having compassion has nothing to do with being a empath

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
I might describe myself as an empath. if I wasn't such an unreliable listener.
But Ive noticed in this hyper psychologically aware world, that people are attracted to such labels.
"I'm one of the good guys. Not like one of those nasty narcissists!"
So you are either a narcissist or an empath. You couldn't possibly be both? that would be too confusing. Yes I much prefer to keep it simple.
I suffer and those other people cause my suffering! narcissists go to Hell and empaths go to Heaven. they took advantage of my nice nature and I would've spoiled my totally nice reputation by standing up to them. So I didn't stand up to them.
I do occasionally listen very well to people. Probably because I like them. they said something that struck a chord. But if they become talkaholics, I start to feel very sorry for myself. And I wonder if this suffering is a waste. yeah ok "look Im really busy at the moment. sorry I have to leave"....wow I said it ! How assertive I am! Feel the power! But look...he feels sad and neglected that I cut him off. How cruel I am! You mean Im a perpetrator now...not a victim? this is confusing....
😂😂😂😂😂<<<<< @morefaithrequired

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Empath has been used as a sci fi term. Being empathic is different.
empathic | adjective showing an ability to understand and share the feelings of another: an attentive, empathic listener | tears may elicit an empathic response in people.
Giving a listening ear, and looking to connection to someone else through this listening is a good and God given thing. Some people are better at hearing, giving wise counsel and encouraging. I think of people who are empathic are good at hearing what is not said, as in seeing the sadness in someone's eye, the tension in how they hold their body, or their tone. There is nothing psychic about it.
Being a narcissist is an inability or lacking the interest in another person unless it serves their purposes. I would not see the same person being both.

M

morefaithrequired

Empath has been used as a sci fi term. Being empathic is different.
empathic | adjective showing an ability to understand and share the feelings of another: an attentive, empathic listener | tears may elicit an empathic response in people.
Giving a listening ear, and looking to connection to someone else through this listening is a good and God given thing. Some people are better at hearing, giving wise counsel and encouraging. I think of people who are empathic are good at hearing what is not said, as in seeing the sadness in someone's eye, the tension in how they hold their body, or their tone. There is nothing psychic about it.
Being a narcissist is an inability or lacking the interest in another person unless it serves their purposes. I would not see the same person being both.
you are definitely a good empath laughing heart. try not to let my sense of humour distract you.
I get carried away .....often

M

morefaithrequired

i just saw the opportunity to divide the world into empaths and narcissists.
You mean there are other kinds of people?

Feb 28, 2016
we understand that you are feeling quite 'alone and peculiar' but, we also see and discern that you are at a 'cross-worlds'
and are in need of guidance!!! - but, you are also a person who believes that they only know the answers to what
they are seeking, thus, not a receiver...
HELLO!!! none of us have all of the answers that we are seeking, but those of us who truly Love and Obey our Master,
know for SURE that we will eventually be blessed with His Knowledge, simply because we do truly do Love and Obey Him,
at All costs....