S
Seeking-Christ
Guest
I don't know if your like me or not. But when I get involved with social media or forums, often times I feel more lonely then I did before I logged in. You probably didn't know that I got criticized for blogging. The reason why you probably didn't know this, is because the criticism came through a private email. It was one of those things that caused me to facepalm The person felt that I shouldn't post the things I do publicly. But the crazy thing is this person also knows that I don't have friends. You'd think that putting two and two together they could figure out that the reason why i blog is because I don't have friends. If you don't have friends then who are you going to tell things too?
After writing that paragraph I feel like I need to address something. I try not to write things that will offend people. But I often find that social media tends to feed into it's self. What I mean by this is, you join social media to solve a problem. Over time you find out, that it may or may not solve that problem, but it always creates other problems. For example, when I first started on this site, I just wanted a place that i could just ask for prayer. As time went on, and I started meeting other people, soon some of my online problems began to increase. Then I had more things, that I felt like I needed to get off my chest. Then when I would try to get that stuff off my chest, then that would cause more problems, and soon I found myself writing in a circle.
Friendship is a deep subject. I don't think some people consider online friendships to be true friendships. Yet there are other people I've met who think that online friendships are real. I have found myself shifting from one perspective to another, because words have power! By your choice of words you can make a person feel good or bad. Another thing about friendships is different people got different ideas of what a friend is. Depending on how i choose to look at things, in the time I've been on this site, I've only made one friend. Or I could say that I made five friends, and lost four of them. Or you could say I met five acquaintances.
What I don't like about online friendships, is they always seem to hang by a thread. As long as you write things they agree with, they will probably stay as a friend. But as soon as you say something they don't like, or you make them feel uncomfortable, they are done with you. One time all did was mention that I was writing a blog about sex problems, and the person started acting weird. I could tell that they wanted to distance themselves from me. You'd think that adults, could handle something that small. That person better stay away from the Bible! Because the Bible has a lot to say about sex and the believer. I guess I can understand why maybe a mention like that might make someone feel a little uncomfortable, yet I get sick and tired of constantly feeling like I need to pussy foot around my so called "friends". What angers me so much is the fact that no matter how soft and understanding I try to be with people, no matter what, sooner or later I will say something that will cause them to either feel like distancing themselves from me, or make them mad. If it's not me doing it, then sooner or later they will say something that will make me feel uncomfortable, or make me angry. That is why we need grace with each other. IN FACT the person I'm talking about, made me feel uncomfortable the first day I met them. But I gave them grace for about 10 different messages before I "screwed up".
How come as Christian's we aren't more gracious with each other? How come we don't try to be more understanding? Why is it that we always waiting for someone to screw up so that we got a good reason to put them into the trash can? I'm probably never going to make friends. Things have gotten too bad for that!
As far as the sex blogs go, everyone of you can read them, and decide for yourself if you think I get out of line or not. But as far I know, what I write, I write because it's important that I write it, and I make no apology for doing what is right.
* Please keep in mind that the example I used in this blog, is only one example. But someday if I feel it, I might tell you about some other examples, that have NOTHING DO WITH SEX.
After writing that paragraph I feel like I need to address something. I try not to write things that will offend people. But I often find that social media tends to feed into it's self. What I mean by this is, you join social media to solve a problem. Over time you find out, that it may or may not solve that problem, but it always creates other problems. For example, when I first started on this site, I just wanted a place that i could just ask for prayer. As time went on, and I started meeting other people, soon some of my online problems began to increase. Then I had more things, that I felt like I needed to get off my chest. Then when I would try to get that stuff off my chest, then that would cause more problems, and soon I found myself writing in a circle.
Friendship is a deep subject. I don't think some people consider online friendships to be true friendships. Yet there are other people I've met who think that online friendships are real. I have found myself shifting from one perspective to another, because words have power! By your choice of words you can make a person feel good or bad. Another thing about friendships is different people got different ideas of what a friend is. Depending on how i choose to look at things, in the time I've been on this site, I've only made one friend. Or I could say that I made five friends, and lost four of them. Or you could say I met five acquaintances.
What I don't like about online friendships, is they always seem to hang by a thread. As long as you write things they agree with, they will probably stay as a friend. But as soon as you say something they don't like, or you make them feel uncomfortable, they are done with you. One time all did was mention that I was writing a blog about sex problems, and the person started acting weird. I could tell that they wanted to distance themselves from me. You'd think that adults, could handle something that small. That person better stay away from the Bible! Because the Bible has a lot to say about sex and the believer. I guess I can understand why maybe a mention like that might make someone feel a little uncomfortable, yet I get sick and tired of constantly feeling like I need to pussy foot around my so called "friends". What angers me so much is the fact that no matter how soft and understanding I try to be with people, no matter what, sooner or later I will say something that will cause them to either feel like distancing themselves from me, or make them mad. If it's not me doing it, then sooner or later they will say something that will make me feel uncomfortable, or make me angry. That is why we need grace with each other. IN FACT the person I'm talking about, made me feel uncomfortable the first day I met them. But I gave them grace for about 10 different messages before I "screwed up".
How come as Christian's we aren't more gracious with each other? How come we don't try to be more understanding? Why is it that we always waiting for someone to screw up so that we got a good reason to put them into the trash can? I'm probably never going to make friends. Things have gotten too bad for that!
As far as the sex blogs go, everyone of you can read them, and decide for yourself if you think I get out of line or not. But as far I know, what I write, I write because it's important that I write it, and I make no apology for doing what is right.
* Please keep in mind that the example I used in this blog, is only one example. But someday if I feel it, I might tell you about some other examples, that have NOTHING DO WITH SEX.