Socially anxious, hospitalized to try new meds, seeking christians to talk to

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MichaelPhilip

Junior Member
Oct 8, 2011
30
1
6
This is my first blog entry on this forum and I dont dare to expect much of it, but I'm trying anyway.

I'm suffering from what is called a social anxiety disorder. And I'm currently hospitalized to try new meds for at least a few months. I only have one friend I chat with using an app on my phone. But I'm looking for more christian friends to have conversations with, about God and the christian life. And I am hoping to find them here.

I tried the chatrooms here, but it's hard to have a conversation with anyone. It's basically "hi", "how are you?", "God bless" or "amen". Not real deep conversations. Not that I nescessarily want my conversations to be deep, but to start with chatrooms just seem kinda hard.

Anyways, luckily I have my own laptop with an internet connection while I'm hospitalized. Which gave me the opportunity to write/type this blog entry.

God bless!
 
In the name of Jesus I pray that God will hold your hand through this and bring into your life Christian friends whom you can fellowship with.
 
I am pleased to meet you via blog. Glad you have a chance to connect via laptop!
 
take heart my friend there is a way through..as I man who has dealt and conquered anxiety with god's help it can be done..meditation and relaxation does help,but what helped me more than anything was good regular exercise and good nutrition that was a real key to discover actually how deprived of real nutrients our bodies get in life,everyday..even just fresh water makes a huge difference I promise..good luck and if you ever need to talk just ask!