Some common misconceptions about God;

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Depleted

Hi Depleted., As I stated before at the beginning of this thread., the only thing I disagree with him so far about is his end times interpretation., since I am a pre-tribulation rapture kind of person. His other writings I enjoy and agree with very much. Haven't you ever admired and liked someone you didn't agree with 100% of the time?
Never when the person lies about the Bible straight up.

That's my line in the sand. The thing that cannot be crossed. It will end fandom for me, friendships for me, and, if need be, jobs. Nothing, nothing doing with people who lie about what the Bible says.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Surely you know how much I love you Ed, however, disagreeing here. Passive-aggressive isn't cordial nor nonhurtful. She does tend to play up the victim and then paint those who disagree with her as wolves.
No worries Lynn. I get a little nervous when too many people agree with me!

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
Hi Joanie. My lack of computer skills prevents me from unpacking this as I should. So I'll take it as a whole and generalize a bit.

I know it sounds condescending, but I sincerely do not mean it this way when I say I think you have really twisted and mangled things here. I feel like you have been hurt and somebody filled your head with some of this crazy stuff.

If I'm reading you right, you believe there are some Christians who's faith is strong enough, AND HAS BEEN STRONG ENOUGH, that they haven't physically died? That perhaps there are many century old humans that have the faith to be hundreds of yrs old?

Why don't you think I don't believe the promises of God? I simply don't interpret those promises the same way you do. I absolutely take the Bible literally. But all those promises have to be in accord with God's Will, NOT mine. And I trust His Will for my life.

God is ultimately in control. Now whether He allows sicknesses, causes sicknesses due to our sin, allows satan to inflict sicknesses is entirely irrelevant to the fact that He uses those sicknesses and afflictions for His Glory and our ultimate good. THAT'S what I trust God to do for me in ANY situation.

THIS LIFE IS TEMPORARY! We should WANT it to be temporary. Paul CERTAINLY understood that in saying to live is Christ and to die is gain.

ALL this doesn't mean the Lord can't Bless us with health and prosperity in this life. He can, and sometimes does. And boy, few have been blessed throughout history like those of us in the West today.

I trust Jesus for my eternal salvation as well as my day to day walk. And I pray He will use me for His Glory. THOSE are the stripes He has healed. I want to be with Him eternally in my Glorified body, NOT this body of death! In the meantime, I pray I am able to be used of Him to bring others into an eternal state with Him.

Hi Penn., There's a whole lot I believe that many here do not but that is AOK with me. Speaking in tongues and healing in the atonement are just 2 I've shared already. Being baptized in the Holy Spirit is yet another not shared here by the majority. And that is ok too.

I do not believe we stay alive forever while in these bodies. (seriously?) We don't have our new bodies yet but we do have our new spirit man and we are told to walk by faith and not by sight. I do believe we can live in heath because Jesus died and gave us that and much more for us to walk in today. But if someone doesn't believe that then of course it isn't going to come close to happening.

Walking in the Spirit is a daily learning and we learn as we go. I don't know anyone who prays and the answer is 100% answered at the very moment it's prayed. I've observed God works in our time frame often enough and sometimes He works apart from it. I like what another brother said in another thread about speaking in tongues. God can work differently in each situation with different people. But He always follows through with His promises.

I believe people have been raised from the dead and completely healed just as Jesus said they would be by those who follow after Him and have the Holy Spirit working in them. I don't think it happens much in the U.S. sad to say because so many Christians don't believe it. Even the suggestion of such things is met like the topic of this thread has been. Many here are shocked and appalled.

Yet I'm not alone in this belief that people are healed and raised from the dead. Those of us who believe have seen some amazing things happen by the grace of God. I like Paul Ellis because he believes much like I do that in Christ we will be doing works in the name of Jesus just like He did. And I like other preachers and teachers who also believe that way and encourage others to walk on in the truth and the promises.

I read some of these posts by those who are "concerned" and I simply don't even know how to answer for how far off the mark these guesstimations are. From being; a hurt person to being an out an out heretic., to being a passive aggressive to seeking to mislead unsuspecting people into the pit... to being a captive silly woman who is easily lead astray. 2 Tim.3:6 comes to mind...

[SUP]6 [/SUP]For among them are those who worm their way into homes and captivate silly and weak-natured and spiritually dwarfed women, loaded down with [the burden of their] sins [and easily] swayed and led away by various evil desires and seductive impulses.

Good heavens!!!!!

I can't even try to defend myself in the face of such insanity. But you have to know PennEd., there are Christians who are not the same as everyone here on CC. And some of us do come here on CC and we do share on these threads. We do believe in healing in the atonement and being baptized in the Holy Spirit. We are your brothers and sisters even if you don't agree with us. Guys like Paul Ellis and many other Christian men and woman who are believers don't see the book of Job the same way some here on this thread do. That doesn't make them false teachers.

It could quite possibly make them (just maybe) more learned and spirit lead than some here. (just maybe) :)

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
It was not my intention to dispute anyone, but to give a unbiased view of Gods intent. As much as we love to cling to the Lords protective hand, it is by the same hand he will dish out sore punishment.
I know a man who has been a alcoholic most of his life, for whatever reason he drank to excess. Now he has only a short time to live, and because of his behavior this verse has come true.

1 Corinthians 3:17 (NIV)
17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

See it says that God will destroy that person, and he has done that very thing. But here is the strange thing, even after the doctors gave this man 6 months to live, he has lived a while longer, but he continues to drink.

What is God to do with someone such as this?

Agree., There are much better and profitable ways to spend our time than disputing people here. But let me put it this way to you about the man you know who is an alcoholic. It's not God who is punishing the man. It's the devil who has fooled the man into believing drinking is the only way he can find relief from what ails him. The man is trapped and entangled in addiction.

Alcohol will eventually kill the human body because it's poison. It eventually causing all kinds of awful side effects physically and emotionally and psychologically. Yet because we humans are weak and prisoners of our sinful nature we can't help ourselves. Some have stronger personalities than others but still., in the end people without Jesus will be just as lost as the alcoholic who lived his life in the bottle.

My dad was an alcoholic and died of liver failure in his 70s. He was a policeman who saw a lot of bad stuff in the Bronx and Brooklyn and in Harlem. He once told us of a boiler going off and the remains of the tenants of the apartment building were burned on the walls. He also at another time in his life, found his own father dead in a 1 room bedroom apartment all alone for many days with maggots all over him His dad was also an alcoholic too.

What causes human beings to be addicted to substances? It has everything to do with fear and lack and inability to function or survive on our own. We need God to intervene and He has. He sent His Son to save us because He loved the world so much. Jesus paid the price. God is not angry with us just itching to pay us back for being weak humans who need Him. On the cross., Jesus paid the full price for all the sin and unrighteousness of the world. Now it's our choice to go our own way or believe God loves us so much He made a way in His Son Jesus.

When we believe., we become born again., given the Holy Spirit and made righteous in Christ. As it was stated before.,, God is dealing with us under the new covenant of grace. If you want to see the nature of God in it's fullness look at Jesus.

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017

:) Not to worry PennEd., I don't always agree with you so don't be feeling nervous. I'll keep you steady. :)

Sep 14, 2017
You noticed FiSnookman., me too. Never had people investigate me so much
or presume about me so much as those here do. I wish they would investigate for the sake of seeking something to find we share common and not to separate and find fault about. We can easily do that can't we?

We can always find something wrong about what others believe or how they share their faith or even how they live their lives. It takes no spiritual fortitude to be a fault finder but it takes Christ in us to be working at the ministry of reconciliation.

Yes, you're always the victim.

Actually, it seems you always start a thread that provokes the honest to counteract what you say, making you look like the "victim".

Those who are watching would side with you because of these "attacks", then believe the "victim" was telling the truth.

Nice way to pass false doctrine. They think the "victim" is honestly getting harassed because of her "true doctrine", & run to Prince & Ellis, both freegrace preachers.

You're as bad as they are.

I would suggest the rest of us who has fallen for this trap to quit communicating with JM & leave her totally alone.

I'm sure, though, that she has someone on the "other side" that will continue to "harass" her to draw new members in.

Feb 28, 2016
joanie, please tell us that this was a 'joke' that 'you' will 'keep' Penn steady?!?!?
:eek::rolleyes:

Sep 14, 2017
Surely you know how much I love you Ed, however, disagreeing here. Passive-aggressive isn't cordial nor nonhurtful. She does tend to play up the victim and then paint those who disagree with her as wolves.
Now yer getting it.

Put yerself in the place of an unsuspecting young christian and reread this thread.

What you will notice is that's exactly what young christians would see.......... a lamb victim being attacked by wolves.

We've been played, there's no doubt in my mind.

Sep 14, 2017
JM has projected this wolf image on us.

Since the "wolves" are the real sheep, where does that leave the "lamb"?

Sep 14, 2017
I said only that the same people circle around Joanie every time she posts from Ellis, or Prince, like sharks. It's true. I,love Joanie. If anyone of us is wrong in doctrine and our heart is right with the Lord, which hers is, He will correct. To accuse her of being of the world is not only sinning against the body of Christ, but is totally erroneous. I know her life. She lives a quiet life with her work, and then with her two dogs, spent in the Presence of the Lord
Aaand the storyline continues.

Now we're sharks.

If anyone of us is wrong in doctrine and our heart is right with the Lord, which hers is, He will correct.
We're sharks, & JM's heart is right with God.

If I'm wrong about this, why does it keep adding up to be the same?

Dec 28, 2016
I said only that the same people circle around Joanie every time she posts from Ellis, or Prince, like sharks. It's true. I,love Joanie. If anyone of us is wrong in doctrine and our heart is right with the Lord, which hers is, He will correct. To accuse her of being of the world is not only sinning against the body of Christ, but is totally erroneous. I know her life. She lives a quiet life with her work, and then with her two dogs, spent in the Presence of the Lord.
Sorry stones, but you're thoroughly hoodwinked. :(

Sep 14, 2017
No it is not true.

Joanie has been deliberately and provocatively cutting and pasting teachings from Joseph Prince, Paul Ellis, and other false teachers on a regular basis. She has definitely been shown Scriptures over and over again but she has ignored all of that and remains adamantly commited to these false teachers.
Nailed it.

BTW, do kittens promote wolves?

F

finaldesire

It was not my intention to dispute anyone, but to give a unbiased view of Gods intent. As much as we love to cling to the Lords protective hand, it is by the same hand he will dish out sore punishment.
I know a man who has been a alcoholic most of his life, for whatever reason he drank to excess. Now he has only a short time to live, and because of his behavior this verse has come true.

1 Corinthians 3:17 (NIV)
17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

See it says that God will destroy that person, and he has done that very thing. But here is the strange thing, even after the doctors gave this man 6 months to live, he has lived a while longer, but he continues to drink.

What is God to do with someone such as this?
On further introspection and prompting of the holy spirit, 1 Corinthians 3:17 should not have been used in this case. I humbly accept that I made a mistake, and I apologize for my lack of understanding.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

Hi Penn., There's a whole lot I believe that many here do not but that is AOK with me. Speaking in tongues and healing in the atonement are just 2 I've shared already. Being baptized in the Holy Spirit is yet another not shared here by the majority. And that is ok too.

I do not believe we stay alive forever while in these bodies. (seriously?) We don't have our new bodies yet but we do have our new spirit man and we are told to walk by faith and not by sight. I do believe we can live in heath because Jesus died and gave us that and much more for us to walk in today. But if someone doesn't believe that then of course it isn't going to come close to happening.

Walking in the Spirit is a daily learning and we learn as we go. I don't know anyone who prays and the answer is 100% answered at the very moment it's prayed. I've observed God works in our time frame often enough and sometimes He works apart from it. I like what another brother said in another thread about speaking in tongues. God can work differently in each situation with different people. But He always follows through with His promises.

I believe people have been raised from the dead and completely healed just as Jesus said they would be by those who follow after Him and have the Holy Spirit working in them. I don't think it happens much in the U.S. sad to say because so many Christians don't believe it. Even the suggestion of such things is met like the topic of this thread has been. Many here are shocked and appalled.

Yet I'm not alone in this belief that people are healed and raised from the dead. Those of us who believe have seen some amazing things happen by the grace of God. I like Paul Ellis because he believes much like I do that in Christ we will be doing works in the name of Jesus just like He did. And I like other preachers and teachers who also believe that way and encourage others to walk on in the truth and the promises.

I read some of these posts by those who are "concerned" and I simply don't even know how to answer for how far off the mark these guesstimations are. From being; a hurt person to being an out an out heretic., to being a passive aggressive to seeking to mislead unsuspecting people into the pit... to being a captive silly woman who is easily lead astray. 2 Tim.3:6 comes to mind...

[SUP]6 [/SUP]For among them are those who worm their way into homes and captivate silly and weak-natured and spiritually dwarfed women, loaded down with [the burden of their] sins [and easily] swayed and led away by various evil desires and seductive impulses.

Good heavens!!!!!

I can't even try to defend myself in the face of such insanity. But you have to know PennEd., there are Christians who are not the same as everyone here on CC. And some of us do come here on CC and we do share on these threads. We do believe in healing in the atonement and being baptized in the Holy Spirit. We are your brothers and sisters even if you don't agree with us. Guys like Paul Ellis and many other Christian men and woman who are believers don't see the book of Job the same way some here on this thread do. That doesn't make them false teachers.

It could quite possibly make them (just maybe) more learned and spirit lead than some here. (just maybe) :)

Joanie, I have read you post in the past about being hurt in confusion about God's Word. That wasn't a stab in the dark.

Honestly, you aren't doing so bad a job of distorting some of the beliefs of believers like me yourself. I have consistently said I believe the Lord can and still does all the miracles you have listed.

The qualitative difference is that I believe ALL those miracles happen in accord with the Will of God, which may not always jive with the will of me. I am willing to surrender to Him, knowing that He has my best interests at Heart.

Meditate on this verse Joanie:
[h=1]1 John 5:14 New King James Version (NKJV)[/h][h=3]Confidence and Compassion in Prayer[/h][FONT=&quot]14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything ACCORDING TO HIS WILL, He hears us.

Now I have heard the twisting of Paul's account of God saying NO to him when he prayed 3 times to remove his thorn in the flesh. But it really is just that. TWISTING.

What CAN'T be twisted is the Father's silence, which equates to a no, when His Son asked Him 3 times to take the cup of the Cross from Him.

If God can say no to His Son's request, WHICH RESULTED IN THE SON'S ULTIMATE GLORY, what makes you think He can't say no to us knowing that it will be for OUR ultimate good?[/FONT]

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Hi Depleted., As I stated before at the beginning of this thread., the only thing I disagree with him so far about is his end times interpretation., since I am a pre-tribulation rapture kind of person. His other writings I enjoy and agree with very much. Haven't you ever admired and liked someone you didn't agree with 100% of the time?
You know, Joanie, this isn’t about opinions or eschatology. This is about you continually posting false teaching in this forum. You copy and paste Joseph Prince and Paul Ellis like they are demi- gods. You NEVER start a post that you wrote, just constantly the false words of false teachers. And I doubt you really understand what these liars are saying, or you would defend it, when people like me post Scriptures to refute it!

You are like a parrot, or maybe a plant for those false teachers to spread false doctrine, and seduce people with lies! Hypergrace was banned from this forum, because it is a divisive, condemnatory and a lie! It contradicts the Bible!

I have carefully exegeted what the Bible says about each one of these false teachings. Now, if I was wrong, you could have posted Scripture supporting why your pet teachers are right. Of course, you can’t, do you come up with trite little phrases like you “enjoy” what he writes, and “agree” with it.

What does enjoyment have to do with right and wrong? With truth and falsehood? With Belial and light?

[FONT=&quot]What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?” 2 Cor 6:15[/FONT]

I have felt certain you are saved. You talk about Christ like you know him! But perhaps I was wrong, and it is just manipulation from the devil to allow you to keep posting this scandalous false teaching!

I am no shark, as someone else posted. I stand for the truth of God's Word. If Joanie wants to post truth, I would read it and be in my way. But each and every single thing she has posted contains contradictions with the Bible, sleazy twisting of the truth of the Bible, and pleasant lies to support a self-centred “me” doctrine of evil deception.

I find it beyond coincidence that Joanie continually posts these lying devotions, never once has even one has sound doctrine! And ironically, as I was talking about elsewhere with some friends, she says that eschatology, literally the most unimportant “ology” there is, you don’t agree with. Perhaps I do agree with him in that, since I disagree with you. But that is nothing, in light of the serious things like who God is, what Jesus came to do, and this fantastical experiential void which is the worst, most deceptive lies in the last 150 years!

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017

I have also tried to look this guys up and no go, he does not seem to be trained by any seminary, university or college that I can find and from what I am reading I am not the ony one that is running to this problem. Okay so he's not seminary trained or by any higher education facility, that would be okay if he had some information as to his convertion, when, where, what, how it all happened.

He does not have any information as to being discipled by anyone either. I have not read any of his writtings up what I've seen posted is not something I would pass on for others to read or tell anyone to look for his books or website. It really bums me out when someone like this can get their teaches into the minds of those that name the name of Christ, as their savior.

I understand that many of us were brought up in homes that believed in a false religion, the sad part is that some of us are still being lead by people that do not promote the Bible in it's fuller context of God's full council. This is very sad to see and hear, one thing I do know that God's elect cannot be fooled. Matthew 24:23-24

Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it.24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.”

If we are one of His elect we will follow the truth, we may fall into some false teaching for a while, but the Holy Spirit will enlighten us to know the truth and the truth will set us free, if we are in His word.

John 8:31-32 “Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Thank God for His the truth of His word that sets us free, sanctifies us as well and causes us to be born again by His own will, James 1:18
Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.”

I Peter 1:22-23
Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,”

Thank God for His word and His Spirit, that guides and leds us in truth and makes us alive.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
The only person we need to be in agreement with is Jesus.

Though the whole world be against me if Jesus is with me I'm in the majority.

If God be for us who can be against us?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

D

Depleted

Since the WoFers have yet to answer this, I will keep asking until I get an answer.

Do you believe this? Do you believe the very first sentence Ellis wrote under his very first subsection?
#1: Satan needs God’s permission to attack us

Satan didn’t ask for permission to go after Job because he didn’t need permission.
And, to be clear, if you do, that proves two things:
1. You don't know God's word.
2. You are out to teach a false gospel.

I don't use the word often because people absconded the word into meaning some future boogeyman, but in this case it fits with the true meaning of the word. (Not boogeyman meaning.)

Paul Ellis isn't merely a lousy teacher. He is antichrist!!!

So, do you believe Ellis's statement?
Satan didn’t ask for permission to go after Job because he didn’t need permission.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]