Some local commercials

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Dont know what got me to this vid. We havent been watching tv a long time... and i came across these. We neither practice the valentine's thing like they do, nor endorse the products, but here are a few ads for the values they share=).

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Only watched the first commercial.

That's a lot of pain and anguish just to sell some fast food.
:)

Now I feel all like, "EVERYONE I LOVE IS GOING TO DIE, I... I... I... I REALLY NEED SOME JOLLIEBEE!!

Commercials are insane everywhere.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Oh, is that so? Thanks for sharing what you think.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I think these commercials are a fascinating insight into Filipinos.

If these commercials are used by advertisers to connect with Filipinos,
and the commercials are effective,
then they give everyone a glimpse into the Filipino mindset -
and I think they also confirm what the whole world has always heard.

We've heard (and often experienced) that Filipinos are very family oriented, friendly, kind, considerate, unusually optimistic, and very loving people.

I think those traits come through in the commercials.

My only problem is that commercials are not documentaries.
Commercials may contain truth, but they also contain an agenda.
They are marketing tools created to sell things.

When I pointed that out in my first post, I really wasn't trying to offend anyone.
Filipinos are lovely people,
and these commercials may be quite emotionally compelling,
but since I've done a lot of work in advertising...
I still just see see commercials as commercials.

Maybe that's a failure on my part.

God Bless
Max

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Ah no, i saw no failure... as often do recently, i only had quick moments to visit cc and giving a quick reply as well. Thanks, max.