Some people just aren't good.......

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"They are into the here and now and a God in heaven and an afterlife is to them useless.. "
I have heard it taught , and it resonates within me as truth, there are 4 types of people-
1-unsaved
2-newly saved
3-carnal christians
4-spiritual Christians
most stay as carnal, concerned mostly about the things of this world, when Jesus would have us increasingly conformed to His image, that is what is intended from our growth in Him, He must increase and I must decrease.
Jesus told us on that day some would have done wonders in His name, yet He never knew them, we must have an ongoing, personal relationship with Him.
Here is a teacher who says it very well and from whom I have grown greatly.
It is my hope and prayer you enjoy and are blessed from it.

Protek

Aug 26, 2014
"They are into the here and now and a God in heaven and an afterlife is to them useless.. "
I have heard it taught , and it resonates within me as truth, there are 4 types of people-
1-unsaved
2-newly saved
3-carnal christians
4-spiritual Christians
most stay as carnal, concerned mostly about the things of this world, when Jesus would have us increasingly conformed to His image, that is what is intended from our growth in Him, He must increase and I must decrease.
Jesus told us on that day some would have done wonders in His name, yet He never knew them, we must have an ongoing, personal relationship with Him.
Thank you for those thought's. Honestly that list reminds me vividly of a conversation I had with a homeless man years ago. I have to tell the story. (sorry if this sounds self boasting, it's about an unreal day I had)

*VERY LONG STORY*

The first thing I did when digging myself out of a hole was work with my father, I manned up and spent one summer working myself ragged installing air conditioners, the number of which we have yet to meet since. I didn't know it at the time and still don't recognize it fully, however this was the start of the companies residential legacy. Today we do everything at half the price of the other guys and it's mostly done right. Long way around of saying that after several years I started attending a trade school down town. Being downtown was an odd experience, full of everything you could imagine, mostly homeless people. Colorado had just started a law that allowed for "public camping" or rather homeless could sleep on the streets without concern of the police. This mindset was one that I had for years as I previously took my "best friend" for a ride in my sisters old broken down HS car and the glovebox was full to the brim of 5 dollar bills. Being a jealous man he started to rag on me and I said "oh that's not my money, it's for Jesus".

Anyways, my point is that every day during the walk down the 16th street mall I would give money to one or two homeless people. One time I was on the bus and heard a man asking desperately for a dollar and being ignored completely. At the next stop I got off the bus and walked through the sea of people and when I reached him he looked to the ground and tried to step out of my way. I countered every side step until I met him head to head and gave him a few dollars. He said "THANK YOU!" as I walked away. I don't know if he wanted drug's or needed something to eat but all I knew at the time was he really needed a dollar.

I tell those stories as a lead up to this one. One time I was on my way to a McDonald's at the mall and a man cornered me and asked me about god, he gave a whole schpeel and asked if I wanted a book of god, opened it and gave me a quick explaination and I said sure! I mean, I wanted to read it and prove that Jesus was everywhere tending to everyone. Then he said "that'll be $10 and more is appreciated". I gave him $20 because I was commited at this point, couldn't just walk away. So I went into the McDonalds had my meal, and as I was walking out there was an intoxicated man aggressively confronting another man just trying to have his meal. The man sitting there with an end of times billboard next to him and the guy was mocking him about god. I intervened and the guy turned his hostility towards me. I said, look man you're obviously starting it, and he taunted me as we both left the McDonalds. Luckily we went seperate ways but soon after I saw another homeless man who had previously borrowed a lighter to smoke crack......... he passed me with a devilish look.

So........ all of this is to lead up to the conversation I had.

I sat down on a park bench to smoke the last of my two cigarettes, I was shaken by the past hour and didn't know what to think. A homeless man walked up and asked for a smoke, I gave him my last one and we had a chat. Half way through this chat another homeless man walked up asking if I could spare a smoke, I said no......

But........... all of this relates to what he told me. That there are 4 types of christians, exactly what you said here. He said that he had read the book I had and the 4 types was his response. He told me that he was sleeping in a stairwell, told me where it was, and that he was working day labor to get a leg up.

I never opened that book and threw it away but it was a couple years before I did so. Another thing he told me was never give more than $5 to a homeless person, and I have followed that. Granted as soon as our conversation ended and I hit the street a toothless man popped up selling suckers, I only had a $20 so I gave it to him.

edit: I will watch that video now!

Protek

Aug 26, 2014
1-unsaved
2-newly saved
3-carnal christians
4-spiritual Christians
I just watched 7 minutes of that video, and it is true. However I had to stop watching it because I can't read the bible. I can't let the lord speak to me any more due to my recovery process. The bible literally spoke directly to me and I can't let it happen again. I'm schizophrenic and need to be done with it. I pray every night even if it's a quick mumbling of my day, but I can't allow something to speak tongues to me and I can't let the bible speak to me.

I would love to have zeal for the lord however I'm stuck on my own struggle. I have spent many years of my life with a zeal for others yet I am afraid of my own personal life. I hope to some day have that zeal again.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
G-d only does good, your recovery must include Him, it already does as Jesus said He will never leave us or forsake us. When we accept Christ He comes and indwells us, so He is already in you and me, the more of Him we let be seen, the more we are obedient to Him, the more we let ourselves be seen, the more the old nature the world sees.
A zeal for the things of G-d IS your healing, the adversary would have us believe it is not.
He MUST increase and I MUST decrease.
Blessings, in Jesus Name

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I just took in a old cat (16 years old) that got kicked out multiple times by the owners because they got bored of him. It makes me very angry. He only has 3 teeth left and has problems with his ears.
I hate it when people do things like that. A friend took him to the vet and I've been taking care of h im 2 days and will most likely give him to a shelter today. I will never understand how people can be so evil.
IMG_20180717_114126.jpg

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
How very compassionate of you, and that is coming from an "old cat" although I have many implant teeth!
Your compassion is very pleasing to G-d, it's a part of how very special you are.
I speak health and healing over Demi in Jesus Name, and I speak to this spirit of infirmity to be gone and never return in Jesus Name.
bless you Demi

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
How very compassionate of you, and that is coming from an "old cat" although I have many implant teeth!
Your compassion is very pleasing to G-d, it's a part of how very special you are.
I speak health and healing over Demi in Jesus Name, and I speak to this spirit of infirmity to be gone and never return in Jesus Name.
bless you Demi
I cant watch suffering like that. We can go to a pharmacy, doctor and talk...animals and elderly people need help from the outside

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Jesus was moved with compassion frequently, it is His very nature, yours too, how Christlike of you.
It is a joy to know you and pray for you, which I do for you healing, health, and restoration, in Jesus Name.
bless you Demi

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yes indeed, and we know our loving G-d travels in time and distance so that our prayers can be made from distance and be fruitful. I am learning and having great success through the ministry of JGLM.ORG of how pray in a more effective way, thus this is why I speak health and healing in Jesus Name, and then speak to the spirit of infirmity to be gone and never return, in Jesus Name. I expect her healing and restoration in Jesus Name.
Please, lets all do this to the glory and praise of Jesus and for her healing. Jesus is always willing, He is looking for those of His own who will agree with Him.
Keep us posted Demi!
blessings