Some phobias...

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

secularhermit

Banned
May 3, 2013
8,719
75
0
My grandmother disliked snakes. If she ever saw them on TV, it was the same reaction of fear and disagreement. I know people who hates worm and react those ways youcan never imagine: These are their bigger fears.

I have hear the ostrich hides her face on the ground. I have seen cartoon doing that, but I haven´t seen them in real life (I need to watch a trustworthy video where they hide and run, by way).The truth is they fight and defend themselves (When threatened, ostriches run away, but they can cause serious injury and death with kicks from their powerful legs.Theirlegs can only kick forward.[32] Contrary to popular belief, ostriches do not bury their heads in sand.This myth likely began with Pliny the Elder (AD23–79), who wrote that ostriches "imagine, when they have thrust their head and neck into a bush, that the whole of their bodyis concealed."This may have been a misunderstanding of their sticking their heads in the sand to swallow sand and pebbles,or,as National Geographic Society suggests,of the defensive behavior of lying low, so that they may appear from a distance to have their head buried.).(http://eol.org/data_objects/24070383#cite_note-Donegan_2002-12)

View attachment 71787


What are you afraid of?

(Don´t tell me! You´re being watched)


View attachment 71786


I know what many people are afraid of. Horror movies are nothing compared to those things people hide (or they think could be hidden) while research is being done on the net when each person surfs while runs away form their Phobias.


RecentlyI went to hospitals where I saw a man who was afraid at seeing transfusion needles... I knew I could feel dismayed at being present in an operating room, looking at people´s bleeding, when their flesh is being cut; but I´m new at those who forget where they have received the injection of a needle few hours before (or yesterday): This is the same reaction “an ostrich” shows to hid their inmost fears...


Yes! This is not a condition, but an emotional reaction, just like closing the eyes when somebody is seeing a dangerous thing too close to our eyes: We shut the mind! (to “feel” we´ve run far away from a danger).


At risk or horrors, people cry or scream, shedding tears.

Some show their tears in anger, they get red or use their fits.

How do I know all those fears?



There was a nice thin young girl I knew she was terrified or angry. Her skin quickly changed like the chicken skin... I guess it was something like those animals changed their known color as well as their mood: They won´t run, but it was an instan “warn”, their alert alarm (just like those horses you see they have moved their ears when they felt someone is molesting and, if you don´t stop it, they can bite or hit you).


Not too many people can make a “cone” using their tongue. That´s something deep in the mind´s wirings that makes you to be like that, to reach one way or another.


Who knows you well? (God does) but I´m sure there are some fears no research has been done: How vulnerable we are when we try to hide and run from those truths we think we could lie.


One of my grannies used to call us when she felt she was about to die. She did that too many times, that I thought she was “eternal”, but she died at her 90´s. Sometime before, I spent some time with her, reading the Bible at midnight, but I felt I missed her a lot, because I was used to looking at her clear eyes and, that time, she was in a bed, closed eyed, while I was unsure she would listen: There wasn´t a real way I knew we interacted that time.


I´m happy that, my other grandmother, held my hand when she was taken to the hospital... She hated snakes, but she loved people as much as she could give from her simple life.

P.S.

If you ever have problems with fears, keep some safety distance... Poke on this link and see it how.

http://www.wikihow.com/Survive-an-Encounter-with-an-Ostrich

:p
 
I have the same fear as your grandmom. I can not look at snakes... if they are on tv I change the channel, if I see a picture I look away if I look at them for too long I feel as if they are crawling all over me haha.

One time when I was in school, I didn't know they were allowing the students to pet a python so I walked into the zoo and came face to face with a guy holding a python and he asked me if I wanted to pet it. I ran out of there and my teacher had to carry me around on his back throughout the zoo after that.
 
It is amazing how knowledge can overcome fear. When I was a child, my neighbor was proud of his huge bull snake who kept his garden free of pests, and who frightened me.

Many years later another neighbor showed me how he kept many garter snakes happy in his garden, and told of the wonderful things those snakes did for the garden.

I never learned to like a snake, I would NEVER touch one, don't want to see them on TV even, but when I meet one in my yard I simply say Oh, there is a snake.
 
I have always been afraid of snakes. I dislike them. Growing up on a
farm it was not unusual to see them.

I recall what helped me be brave regarding a garter snake that crossed
my path. My daughter was 5 yrs old and we had just stepped off the
porch and into the yard when a garter snake crossed in front of us. She
was frightened and, I was actually brave. I explained calmly, " Don't
be afraid honey, it is as afraid of you as you are it." I thought to myself,
"Did I actually say that ?" Oh, how brave a mother can be when she
has to be.

No I have not overcome my dislike of them, and I am like others here, I
turn my head when they are on TV.
J~K~2
 
RedTent;bt7435 said:
It is amazing how knowledge can overcome fear. When I was a child, my neighbor was proud of his huge bull snake who kept his garden free of pests, and who frightened me.

Many years later another neighbor showed me how he kept many garter snakes happy in his garden, and told of the wonderful things those snakes did for the garden.

I never learned to like a snake, I would NEVER touch one, don't want to see them on TV even, but when I meet one in my yard I simply say Oh, there is a snake.


I agree TOTALLY with Mrs Red Tent: "...knowledge can overcome fears."

I had on boa (Python) I named "Margarita", I wanted my children overcome that fear, but within reason and its limits. As a "pet", they are not what I would like (too cold, for me). Je! He! But she served my children to learn with those fears, in its proper limit (We have Mapanares and Cascabeles( (Bothrops and Crotalus)and this are to be avoided, for its risks.

The best thing is touching a Boa and knowing how they behave and, by knowing it, mapares and cascabeles are thought to be killed but, the real danger is on Mapanares (Bothrops) They are assasains.
 
Last edited:
J-Kay-2;bt7438 said:
I have always been afraid of snakes. I dislike them. Growing up on a farm it was not unusual to see them.

I recall what helped me be brave regarding a garter snake that crossed
my path. My daughter was 5 yrs old and we had just stepped off the
porch and into the yard when a garter snake crossed in front of us. She
was frightened and, I was actually brave. I explained calmly, " Don't
be afraid honey, it is as afraid of you as you are it." I thought to myself,
"Did I actually say that ?" Oh, how brave a mother can be when she
has to be.

No I have not overcome my dislike of them, and I am like others here, I
turn my head when they are on TV.
J~K~2

WoW! I wish I could see those eyes your daughter showed at looking at you, that moment.

Did she told you anthing about that day? Did she recalled that, with you, when grown old, Mrs J-Kay?
 
ww_21;bt7433 said:
I have the same fear as your grandmom. I can not look at snakes... if they are on tv I change the channel, if I see a picture I look away if I look at them for too long I feel as if they are crawling all over me haha.

One time when I was in school, I didn't know they were allowing the students to pet a python so I walked into the zoo and came face to face with a guy holding a python and he asked me if I wanted to pet it. I ran out of there and my teacher had to carry me around on his back throughout the zoo after that.

Wandering Flower: I´m afraid you did that to receive an EXTRA portion of ice cream during your trip to the zoo...

:p
 
secularhermit;bt7442 said:
Wandering Flower: I´m afraid you did that to receive an EXTRA portion of ice cream during your trip to the zoo...

:p

:o hahaha ice cream is always good
 
secularhermit;bt7441 said:
WoW! I wish I could see those eyes your daughter showed at looking at you, that moment.

Did she told you anthing about that day? Did she recalled that, with you, when grown old, Mrs J-Kay?

You make me laugh.... I am wondering about the question...

Quote: You asked, Did she recall that with me when grown old, Mrs. J-Kay... LOL...
Question ? Which one 'when grown old, her or me ? I am joking with you.....
That just caught my eye... and made me smile....

You know ? I don't know if she remembers that or not. That was 40 years ago. LOL...
Oh gosh you had a Boa ? I am glad you are not my dad... I would die of heart attack. LOL..
You are so funny .... just what I need before heading for my room to read a while.
God bless you funny guy... Now watch me dream of snakes... yuck... Mrs. J~Kay
 
@ Mrs J-Kay

You are a GIRL inside a woman, dear sister. Of course, U got I meant SHE, because U are a grown up GIRL.

This morning, I went to find some food to buy and, on my way back to my mother´s, a little girl of 6-8 was jumping and almost hit her mouth. I gave her some advise, but her mom tried to stop her with words, as she were to be up, as a mummy, without any movement.

I started to chat with her and showed what she saw in my bag and I said it was my mother´s. She started to adddress me more questions and her mom took her away, thinking the girl wasn´t kind, enough, with me.

I look at her eyes, at her smiles, that I felt something wonderful I wish I could keep alive (as I tried now).

They moved one meter and a half and stared at me (I felt how we should be, the way Jesus asked us to be, as God´s childs). I kept my chat, because I was recomending her to avoid coffee to help her grow bigger (she drinks coffee a lot) so, I insisted on milk, the ones she saw in my bag, alone with coffee I brought my mom (an adict of caffee).

When she was there, close to her mom, she smiled at me and I said: "Hello", moving my hand. Suddenly she asked her mother permission to be with me (an unknown person).

Hearing that gave me a great joy and, the thing I would regret, is that I was standing near them, on the same sidewalk waiting for the subway to come, and I paid too little attention on her kind being, that I don´t know how we came "in touch", because her eyes touched my sight, my delight; so that´s why I came to ask about your daughter.

Sometimes JOY is as fast as a flashback and, sometimes, I can see them in the present.

I hope The Lord take your dreams where He wants you to be.
 
Last edited:
My friend, I have another phobia. Water. I, for years, dreamed of being
in a car and the car would go into river with me inside. I still do not like
water. I dislike bridges that are long. One particular I have fear of is the
Causeway in Florida, USA. It takes us across the ocean and the water is
like up to the road when there is breeze.... I remember saying, I am going
to die, I just know I am going to die... when are we getting off this road.
It was real life.... I don't swim. I can't go into water over my head. I can
dip in pool but come back up quickly. I don't know why one has fear of
water. I tend to think it has to do with being in my mothers womb and it
was not a stress free pregnancy. Perhaps the issues she dealt with somehow
affected me as my brain and sensitive system was being formed. Only God
knows.
Thought I would throw that in as a freebie since you have PHOBIA as your
topic. Thanks for letting me share. Mrs. J~ Kay
 
Are you my MIA twin sister? (Missing In Actions). I seldom take a shower... Ja! Ja! (I lied).That remembered 2 dreams I had (but this machine didn´t allow me to publish the recent one and I´m not going to repeat it).I will tell the next:
 
I was by a river, clean and sweet, the way I like (in a nut shell) I started to swim and then, without and snorkel, I started to breathe inside the water (this is not the 1st time I think breathe in the water).By 1994 I had another dream (almost a nightmare). In short, I could run inside the pipes of sewage and I could breathe inside those unclean waters. By the way, I need a shower. It´s almost bed time.Zzzzz
 
Wow... how odd... totally opposite of each other.
What do you think they mean? I believe water has
much to do with our life.
For me in real life and I dream of muddy or murky
waters, or floods, trouble follows. When I dream that.
I end up praying to God to help us with whatever is to
come. I feel He warns me.

Okay, you go take a shower and get your zzzz's
I know our time zone is different. And I am headed
to my room now and going to read. Have to get up
early in morning and go out of town.... so I have to
get my zzzz's too.

Will check on you tomorrow night ~ Mrs. J~ Kay
 
I came back when I read a young girl feels her mom hates her... I don´t know if my experiences serve to understand the problem you HAD with water.Recently, my mother told me I wasn´t the way she wanted me in her womb. Each time she felt stressed during her pregnancy, she used to take showers (too many) and she put me (in her womb) under the cold water she could, just to stop my movements or disorders (she said).When I was born, for more than a decade or 2, I was asthmatic (not todays) and I suffered a lot with those crisis I lived. Grown up, I spent a good deal of time by rivers or beaches. I never did diving, but enjoyed snorkeling and, recently, my son Joshua did well when he was trained diving in the Navy (He is home, now). Thanks GOD! It´s all over.