Some Thoughts on Intergity

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A believer maintains intellectual integrity first-and-foremost

Actually true believers maintain spiritual integrity

Intellectualism is where false doctrine comes from as Intellectualism is following the darkened wisdom of mankind rather than following the Lord and what the Lord teaches in His Word which is spiritual

John 6:63
The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.

Beware of so called "christian intellectualism" which teaches man made religion rather than God's Word.

So called "christian intellectualism" is what they teach in in seminaries and bible schools where they spend the majority of their time reading books written by religion men about what their denomination believes rather than studying God's Word allowing The Teacher to teach (the Holy Spirit)

Those being led by the Holy Spirit base on God's Word won't be welcome in the denomination because the Spirit of Truth will not lead them to sit under the false doctrines being taught by the denominations
 
Did you show him these verses of scripture? :)

Romans 8:

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that
neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
I Left the church. I thought of that scripture though
 
Actually true believers maintain spiritual integrity

Intellectualism is where false doctrine comes from as Intellectualism is following the darkened wisdom of mankind rather than following the Lord and what the Lord teaches in His Word which is spiritual

John 6:63
The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.

Beware of so called "christian intellectualism" which teaches man made religion rather than God's Word.

So called "christian intellectualism" is what they teach in in seminaries and bible schools where they spend the majority of their time reading books written by religion men about what their denomination believes rather than studying God's Word allowing The Teacher to teach (the Holy Spirit)

Those being led by the Holy Spirit base on God's Word won't be welcome in the denomination because the Spirit of Truth will not lead them to sit under the false doctrines being taught by the denominations
Joel Olsteen!!!!
 
I am facing a dilemma. This is serious and controversial. I have no desire to troll; and hope my past conduct on CC makes that clear. Some readers may define this as trolling, while others will regard it as a legitimate discussion. The latter is my intent.

This is also very personal for me. I am guilty of mishandling this in the past and have paid dearly.

In writing a sermon or a Bible commentary, we may be led to consider the historical and cultural issues that faced the early church. Some of the highly influential church founders held racial and religious opinions that are highly inflammatory. The controversies have raged throughout history and appear to be even more volatile today.

How does a believer maintain intellectual integrity in this highly inflamed and hostile environment?

There are a few modern words that have been created to minimize the impact. These words are only marginally effective and remain risky. They also deliberately cloud the issue and conceal the truth. The “new words” feel dishonest. They also feel cowardly. They effectively kick the can even further down the road, failing for another generation to address the truth.

It appears that modern Christendom kicks the can and reacts vigorously to anyone who does not. Most of us go along to get along, while real growth delays.

Do we challenge or placate? The costs can be very high.
Well I see misconduct on a senior here stalking me talking trash. So don't worry. He is a Christian a lot longer than me and won't leave a guy in peace. Bless the haughty people. Don't let them run you over or bring ya down.
 
Actually true believers maintain spiritual integrity

Intellectualism is where false doctrine comes from as Intellectualism is following the darkened wisdom of mankind rather than following the Lord and what the Lord teaches in His Word which is spiritual

John 6:63
The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.

Beware of so called "christian intellectualism" which teaches man made religion rather than God's Word.

So called "christian intellectualism" is what they teach in in seminaries and bible schools where they spend the majority of their time reading books written by religion men about what their denomination believes rather than studying God's Word allowing The Teacher to teach (the Holy Spirit)

Those being led by the Holy Spirit base on God's Word won't be welcome in the denomination because the Spirit of Truth will not lead them to sit under the false doctrines being taught by the denominations
I totally agree with what you are saying about the bad influence of 'intellectualism' - way too many Christians have been influenced by 'wisdom of men' approaches to interpreting the Bible. And, I believe that it became proliferate/widespread largely through the teaching of students in seminaries. However, there is such a thing as [maintaining] 'intellectual integrity' - in the sense that I believe the OP was using the words - which, in that sense - is what prevents you from falling into the "grasp" of 'intellectualism' in the first place.

Spiritual things are spiritual. Physical things are physical. That does not do away with the existence of the physical.

Spiritual integrity is important. Intellectual integrity is important. There are other important forms of integrity as well.

Yes - it behooves us to keep our priorities in proper order; however, that does not mean that only spiritual integrity exists.

It is valid to consider and discuss other forms of integrity as being important in the overall spectrum of human experience.

Yes - true believers must maintain spiritual integrity. But - there are other forms of integrity that are also part of the equation.

As long as each part of the equation is considered appropriately in its proper context in that equation, it is a valid undertaking.

I am pretty sure the OP did not assume that there were no other forms of integrity in the equation when he mentioned the specific one that he was focused on - or that spiritual integrity was not a thing. It was perfectly okay for him to refer to intellectual integrity in the context in which he meant it.

Try not to let yourself get drawn into the arena where 'Jesus Juke' and other similar forms of 'judgment' based assumptions occur. In some situations, to make a clarification concerning the importance of priority and substance in the spiritual aspects of things is certainly appropriate - but - I recommend that you not let yourself "bludgeon" people with it in an out-of-context way. And, don't say that it is never out-of-context. It is never "not in the picture"; however, it certainly can be out-of-context.

"Food for thought..."
 
I totally agree with what you are saying about the bad influence of 'intellectualism' - way too many Christians have been influenced by 'wisdom of men' approaches to interpreting the Bible. And, I believe that it became proliferate/widespread largely through the teaching of students in seminaries. However, there is such a thing as [maintaining] 'intellectual integrity' - in the sense that I believe the OP was using the words - which, in that sense - is what prevents you from falling into the "grasp" of 'intellectualism' in the first place.

Spiritual things are spiritual. Physical things are physical. That does not do away with the existence of the physical.

Spiritual integrity is important. Intellectual integrity is important. There are other important forms of integrity as well.

Yes - it behooves us to keep our priorities in proper order; however, that does not mean that only spiritual integrity exists.

It is valid to consider and discuss other forms of integrity as being important in the overall spectrum of human experience.

Yes - true believers must maintain spiritual integrity. But - there are other forms of integrity that are also part of the equation.

As long as each part of the equation is considered appropriately in its proper context in that equation, it is a valid undertaking.

I am pretty sure the OP did not assume that there were no other forms of integrity in the equation when he mentioned the specific one that he was focused on - or that spiritual integrity was not a thing. It was perfectly okay for him to refer to intellectual integrity in the context in which he meant it.

Try not to let yourself get drawn into the arena where 'Jesus Juke' and other similar forms of 'judgment' based assumptions occur. In some situations, to make a clarification concerning the importance of priority and substance in the spiritual aspects of things is certainly appropriate - but - I recommend that you not let yourself "bludgeon" people with it in an out-of-context way. And, don't say that it is never out-of-context. It is never "not in the picture"; however, it certainly can be out-of-context.

"Food for thought..."
Ok. I know the word good enough for a guy saved 2 years. I'm getting dogged on. They are confused. I was talking about a book on discipleship and how. And Romans in this book is a big part of it. Guys here getting all on me saying don't quote a book. Do scripture. Now I know enough to get the point across but all this up right attitude is wrong. What does the Bible say how to treat ones weaker in faith? You know this? I'm a youth. I think I could be treated a little kinder and just plain and simple or asked" do the word right man" ? Besides all the sarcasm and belittling.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suze
I'm getting dogged on.
How so?

The post you quoted was not even directed at/to you.

Post #20 was directed at/to you - but, was intended in a friendly light-hearted way.

All other posts are mostly discussion with the OP of the thread - or, folks making general comments/remarks.

I do not see what prompted you to make the statement above...???

Well I see misconduct on a senior here stalking me talking trash.
Who are you referring to here?
 
How so?

The post you quoted was not even directed at/to you.

Post #20 was directed at/to you - but, was intended in a friendly light-hearted way.

All other posts are mostly discussion with the OP of the thread.

I do not see what prompted you to make the statement above...???


Who are you referring to here?
Inquistor topic grace and law. I'm not lying..look he was saying you think Paul made the ten commandments and all this stuff. Ya. He was blowing up my phone I had to ask twice and gave some truth for him to stop. Bible topics.
 
Inquistor topic grace and law. I'm not lying..look he was saying you think Paul made the ten commandments and all this stuff. Ya. He was blowing up my phone I had to ask twice and gave some truth for him to stop. Bible topics.
Hello Michaelarc , I'm enjoying your posts a lot . Please try not to b easily offended , communication by text alone is so very easy to misinterpret . U r not getting any body language , no facial expressions or tone of voice , all these things r a massive part of communication and they r missing on a site like this . There's someone on hear who keeps calling me ' dear ' and it really irks me but , I let it go . In my mind they r saying it in a sarcastic condescending way but , that's just my interpretation , I could b totally wrong , they could mean it in a nice way so , I cut them some slack and try not to jump to incorrect conclusions . That's what we Christians have to do , b cool , don't b easily offended and don't automatically think the worst of each other . I've been on here just over a year and it would have been so easy to walk away many times . If u stat u will get to know our characters and the way we express ourselves , most of us r good people who can b a bit clumsy with our words sometimes . I'm here because I want to b , if there r a few that don't like me , I can live with that and I don't allow them to spoil my time here . Please stay and get to know us , there's a place for u on here I know it ❤️ some of us can sound a bit gruff for sure but , most of us have good Christian hearts underneath out gruffness . We r all individuals on here not robots , we have different voices , just as u do .
 
  • Heart
Reactions: Godsgirl1983
Hello Michaelarc , I'm enjoying your posts a lot . Please try not to b easily offended , communication by text alone is so very easy to misinterpret . U r not getting any body language , no facial expressions or tone of voice , all these things r a massive part of communication and they r missing on a site like this . There's someone on hear who keeps calling me ' dear ' and it really irks me but , I let it go . In my mind they r saying it in a sarcastic condescending way but , that's just my interpretation , I could b totally wrong , they could mean it in a nice way so , I cut them some slack and try not to jump to incorrect conclusions . That's what we Christians have to do , b cool , don't b easily offended and don't automatically think the worst of each other . I've been on here just over a year and it would have been so easy to walk away many times . If u stat u will get to know our characters and the way we express ourselves , most of us r good people who can b a bit clumsy with our words sometimes . I'm here because I want to b , if there r a few that don't like me , I can live with that and I don't allow them to spoil my time here . Please stay and get to know us , there's a place for u on here I know it ❤️ some of us can sound a bit gruff for sure but , most of us have good Christian hearts underneath out gruffness . We r all individuals on here not robots , we have different voices , just as u do .
K.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suze
Joel Olsteen!!!!

He doesn't come across as being an intellectual

He's more like a well dressed redneck that talks politely with a smile.


Bless the haughty people. Don't let them run you over or bring ya down.

The haughty aren't blessed by the Lord.

They get their "blessings" from the guy in the red PJs with horns on his head.


there is such a thing as [maintaining] 'intellectual integrity'

Change that to spiritual integrity and you'll have something.

God's Word is spiritual not intellectual


Spiritual things are spiritual. Physical things are physical. That does not do away with the existence of the physical.

Yea and that which is spiritual is greater than that which is physical.

The physical was created by that which is spiritual
 
He doesn't come across as being an intellectual

He's more like a well dressed redneck that talks politely with a smile.




The haughty aren't blessed by the Lord.

They get their "blessings" from the guy in the red PJs with horns on his head.




Change that to spiritual integrity and you'll have something.

God's Word is spiritual not intellectual




Yea and that which is spiritual is greater than that which is physical.

The physical was created by that which is spiritual
Spiritual like are spirit? Spiritually of God? I have a thing with this lately. Not a issue but a thing. They say A.A. is spiritual. I don't feel it's wrong. Lord does not want me to suffer by addiction. Some of what alcoholics anonymous says though feels just not biblical like a man thing. Taken from the Bible and altered seems. So I trust my Bible more than this. But some things in there help. Seems like a training ground for straight unbelievers. I don't agree with making your own higher power. There is one God alone..I don't agree that steps lead you to God. God is always there. Stuff like this. I don't believe we have to accept everything or I will get drunk. I can forgive and let go to best of my ability and something it takes along time. I can't remember where it says in the Bible so please don't be a Nazi about addresses? Word does say "God's word is spiritual". I count on it. More than a altered book of James. What I'm getting at difine please what ya mean..my spirit bonding with God's. Or spiritual as in like well being? I'm confused 🤔.
 
They say A.A. is spiritual.

Yes, so called spirituality apart from the Lord Jesus and following God's Word is just more carnal thinking which is dark spirituality as in man trying to over come addiction in his own strength and ability apart from the Lord.

Some are able to beat addiction apart from the Lord but they'll still go to hell when they die so what good is that?


I can't remember where it says in the Bible so please don't be a Nazi about addresses?

Then why not develop some notes on different bible topics and ask the Lord to help you get organized and save notes on your computer so you can refer back to them as needed?

I got my first computer almost 30 years ago and I created a folder on my computer just for bible study notes and as time has gone by the Lord shows me scriptures to add to my notes frequently (even now) because Jesus said the Holy Ghost would lead us in to ALL Truth (John 16:13), and Jesus said God's Word IS Truth (John 17:17)

It's hard to remember everything but those that have a computer can certainly take notes and then organize them by topic.
 
Yes, so called spirituality apart from the Lord Jesus and following God's Word is just more carnal thinking which is dark spirituality as in man trying to over come addiction in his own strength and ability apart from the Lord.

Some are able to beat addiction apart from the Lord but they'll still go to hell when they die so what good is that?




Then why not develop some notes on different bible topics and ask the Lord to help you get organized and save notes on your computer so you can refer back to them as needed?

I got my first computer almost 30 years ago and I created a folder on my computer just for bible study notes and as time has gone by the Lord shows me scriptures to add to my notes frequently (even now) because Jesus said the Holy Ghost would lead us in to ALL Truth (John 16:13), and Jesus said God's Word IS Truth (John 17:17)

It's hard to remember everything but those that have a computer can certainly take notes and then organize them by topic.
I thought so. Ya. I needed some guidance in this. It feels condemnation in this. I'm glad the holy spirit was pressing about this since I stopped the alcohol I was searching truth and believing the word is. I just needed a opinion from a Christian. A one with knowledge about this stuff. And behold I'm thankful to the Lord cause behold the right person. And I'm thankful. Take care
 
It feels condemnation in this.

Those not walking after the leading of the Holy Spirit based on God's Word ARE already condemned

Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Ephesians 5:1
Be ye therefore followers (imitators) of God, as dear children;

Ephesians 4:22-24
put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Romans 13:14
put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Colossians 3:10
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created Him:

2 Corinthians 6:17
come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.


I needed some guidance in this.

I have the guidance of the Lord in this.

See scriptures above and note that God said these things.

One needs to stop hanging out with people that do drugs and drink and find some new friends.

Then we need to understand that God's Word is not only true, but He is upholding all things by the Word of His Power - Hebrews 1:3

Those that want to be upheld in victory will stand on God's Word and not be moved from it, refusing to allow anybody talk them out of standing on what God says

The best example of how to do this is to go read in the Gospels about when the devil was trying to tempt Jesus to get Him to sin and notice that Jesus continually SPOKE God's Word because speaking God's Word out of your mouth forces your mind to shut up and listen to what your mouth is saying.

I used to walk around speaking God's promises of deliverance over and over which greatly helped me to renew my mind (I had addiction issues back in the day)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suze
Our Words are VERY Important

Colossians 2:6
As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him.

Romans 10:9,10
If you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shall be saved (delivered from death)....for with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (deliverance both in this life and that which is to come)

Psalms 103:5

God satisfies your mouth with good things; so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Mark 11:23-25
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he says shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he says....therefore I say unto you, What things so ever you desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them....and when ye stand praying, forgive.

Matthew 12:35-37
A good man out of the good treasure of the heart brings forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things....but I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment....for by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned.

Luke 17:6
And the Lord said, If you had faith in the same way you had a grain of mustard seed, you would say....it should obey you.

Proverbs 18:21
death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

James 1:26
If any man among you seem to be religious and does not control his tongue, he deceives his own heart this man's religion is vain.

James 3:9,10
We bless God, even the Father; and we curse men, which are made after the similitude of God....out of the same mouth comes blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Romans 4:17
As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations, before Him whom he believed, even God, who quickens (makes alive) the dead, and calls those things which be not as though they were.

Isaiah 46:10
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.
 
Those not walking after the leading of the Holy Spirit based on God's Word ARE already condemned

Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Ephesians 5:1
Be ye therefore followers (imitators) of God, as dear children;

Ephesians 4:22-24
put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Romans 13:14
put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Colossians 3:10
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created Him:

2 Corinthians 6:17
come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.




I have the guidance of the Lord in this.

See scriptures above and note that God said these things.

One needs to stop hanging out with people that do drugs and drink and find some new friends.

Then we need to understand that God's Word is not only true, but He is upholding all things by the Word of His Power - Hebrews 1:3

Those that want to be upheld in victory will stand on God's Word and not be moved from it, refusing to allow anybody talk them out of standing on what God says

The best example of how to do this is to go read in the Gospels about when the devil was trying to tempt Jesus to get Him to sin and notice that Jesus continually SPOKE God's Word because speaking God's Word out of your mouth forces your mind to shut up and listen to what your mouth is saying.

I used to walk around speaking God's promises of deliverance over and over which greatly helped me to renew my mind (I had addiction issues back in the day)
Ya. That's what I've been doing. This nagging in rooms though of people saying my mind is permanently gone was eating at.me. I just don't believe this. Thanks again
 
Our Words are VERY Important

Colossians 2:6
As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him.

Romans 10:9,10
If you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shall be saved (delivered from death)....for with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (deliverance both in this life and that which is to come)

Psalms 103:5
God satisfies your mouth with good things; so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Mark 11:23-25
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he says shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he says....therefore I say unto you, What things so ever you desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them....and when ye stand praying, forgive.

Matthew 12:35-37
A good man out of the good treasure of the heart brings forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things....but I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment....for by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned.

Luke 17:6
And the Lord said, If you had faith in the same way you had a grain of mustard seed, you would say....it should obey you.

Proverbs 18:21
death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

James 1:26
If any man among you seem to be religious and does not control his tongue, he deceives his own heart this man's religion is vain.

James 3:9,10
We bless God, even the Father; and we curse men, which are made after the similitude of God....out of the same mouth comes blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Romans 4:17
As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations, before Him whom he believed, even God, who quickens (makes alive) the dead, and calls those things which be not as though they were.

Isaiah 46:10
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.
Ok. Yes. I believe this. I've seen this. I need to stay in the word more and find more promises..I'm taking screenshots
 
Divine Protection - God’s Security Detail

John 17:15,16
I pray not that You should take them out of the world but that You should keep them from the evil....they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

James 4:7,8
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you....come close to God, and He will come close to you. ( the definition of resisting the devil IS submitting yourself to His Word, Who is the Lord )

1 John 5:18

Whosoever is born of God sins not; but he that is born of God keeps himself (IN CHRIST, to guard as a fortress with God’s armor), and that wicked one touches him not.

Luke 10:19
Look, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

1 Corinthians 10:13
There is no temptation (tests and trials brought by satan) that can come upon you but such as is common to man (things in this natural, carnal world): but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted (attacked by satan with testing and trials) beyond what you can handle; but will with the temptation (at the same time) also make a way to escape, that you may be able to have victory over it.

Isaiah 54:17
No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment YOU shall condemn

Psalms 91:1-16 (see Luke 10:19, 1 John 2:6, James 4:7)
He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty....I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust....surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler (devil), and from the noisome pestilence (wicked and perverse plagues)....He shall cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you shall trust: His truth (God’s Word) shall be your shield and buckler....you shall not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flies by day....nor for the pestilence (plague, disease) that walks in darkness; nor for the destruction that wastes at noonday....a thousand shall fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you....only with your eyes shall you look and see the reward of the wicked....because you have made the LORD, which is My refuge, even the most High, your habitation....there shall no evil come near you, neither shall any plague come near your dwelling....for He shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways....they shall bear (help, hold up) you up in their hands, lest you stumble your foot against a stone....you shall tread upon the lion and adder (the twisted): the young lion and the dragon (serpent) you shall trample under foot....because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he has known My Name....he shall call upon Me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him....with long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation (deliverance).

Psalms 62:1
Truly my soul waits upon the Lord: from Him comes my salvation (deliverance)
He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense; I shall NOT be moved.

Proverbs 1:33
Whosoever listens to Me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Psalms 97:10
Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked

Ephesians 6:10-18
Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might....put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles (trickery) of the devil....for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places....wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand....stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness....and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace....above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith you shall be able to quench (put a stop to) all the fiery darts (tests, trials) of the wicked....and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God....praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;