Some time ago I wrote a poem about Christmas

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Basta

Feb 19, 2022
I tried writing a Shakespearean sonnet about Christmas about 2 months ago. Shakespearean sonnets consist 10 syllables in each line with 14 lines total and ABAB/CDCD/EFEF/GG rhyme scheme. I wanted to challenge myself to write something more difficult in English (which isn't my native language) and here it is. Please tell me what you think about it, I look forward your feedback :)

'The Absence'

Sisyphean struggle it was, one may say
to provide cuisine for plentiful kins.
The works are done; upon this unique day
the house may now feast like medieval kings.

For filled with fare stomach opens your heart
yet senses of yours drift into slumber.
Beware though because it's about to start
wish making with a countless folk number.

'Behold gift-giving, you surely jested
stating that it matters for all but you.'
Consoled and joyous I lastly rested
In my den of thoughts with a snowy view.

Were it for my thoughts not to die in vain
I'd ask: what do we celebrate again?