Some Video's on Roman Catholicism for those on the fence..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Hello all..

Recently i have been contributing to a thread dealing with the catholic religion.. I usually don't post religious video's from online preachers because i don't want anyone to think i am saying that a certain preacher is infallible and i agree with all their video's.. But this topic about the RC church compels me to post these few video's touching on the problems with the catholic religion..

The first video is a short 16 minute video called:: Know Your Enemy (Part 23 - Roman Catholicism)

The second video is also a short video 13 minutes called :: Know Your Enemy (Part 24 - Catholic Symbols Cont...)

These two video's are part of a series of 77 short video's dealing with a range of topics. As i said above i do not agree with all the video's makers points but i did find watching the entire series to be of benefit..

I have another video i am looking for.. And if allowed i find it i will post it here later..

Blessings to you all..

GodMyFortress

May 9, 2021
The problem with most people’s understanding of Catholicism is that they listen to other people’s commentary about it; rather than going to read the Catechism and the mountain of other documents the Church has promulgated.

They also go read commentary about what the earliest Christians believed (1st 4 centuries) instead of actually reading the original documents these Christians wrote.

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
The problem with most people’s understanding of Catholicism is that they listen to other people’s commentary about it; rather than going to read the Catechism and the mountain of other documents the Church has promulgated.

They also go read commentary about what the earliest Christians believed (1st 4 centuries) instead of actually reading the original documents these Christians wrote.
so true

I know onething that NO Protestant can refute:

Catholic "stuff" like the rosary and the Holy Mass and the Real Presence are what made me a practicing CHRISTIAN

nothing else worked... I always wanted to follow Jesus and give up my worst sins... was no capable of it... and also was not capable of "other" things... until I began practicing Catholicism..

Is my life perfect now? Farfrom it... but Jesus did promise that we would suffer following Him. He did NOT promise health wealth and prosperity...

a very f alse doctrine

L

Live4Him

so true

I know onething that NO Protestant can refute:

Catholic "stuff" like the rosary and the Holy Mass and the Real Presence are what made me a practicing CHRISTIAN

nothing else worked... I always wanted to follow Jesus and give up my worst sins... was no capable of it... and also was not capable of "other" things... until I began practicing Catholicism..

Is my life perfect now? Farfrom it... but Jesus did promise that we would suffer following Him. He did NOT promise health wealth and prosperity...

a very f alse doctrine
No offense, but any Bible-believing Christian could refute things like the Rosary, the Holy Mass, and the Real Presence.

GodMyFortress

May 9, 2021
No offense, but any Bible-believing Christian could refute things like the Rosary, the Holy Mass, and the Real Presence.
The rosary is just a prayer, nothing really to refute there since anyone can pray as they wish. But the mass and the real presence is fair game.

Go for it.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I found the Video i was looking for.. It is longer duration and from another producer.. The lengh of the Video's part one and two may be too long for people with little time.. But for those who have the time and are Bible believing Christians i think the video's will be of worth..

The Queen Of Heaven Part 1

The Queen Of Heaven Part 2

GodMyFortress

May 9, 2021
I found the Video i was looking for.. It is longer duration and from another producer.. The lengh of the Video's part one and two may be too long for people with little time.. But for those who have the time and are Bible believing Christians i think the video's will be of worth..

The Queen Of Heaven Part 1

The Queen Of Heaven Part 2

I got to the 8:30 mark before I had to turn that guy off. When he said Catholics believe other Christians are Gods it was obvious at that point he has no credibility and has no idea what Catholics believe. If you want to know what Catholics believe, it is listed in the Catechism, the decrees of the 21 ecumenical councils, and the ex cathedra statements of the Pope.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I got to the 8:30 mark before I had to turn that guy off. When he said Catholics worship other Christians it was obvious at that point he has no credibility and has no idea what Catholics believe. If you want to know what Catholics believe, it is listed in the Catechism, the decrees of the 21 ecumenical councils, and the ex cathedra statements of the Pope.
I made it clear in the opening post that i was posting for people who where undecided on the issue.. and for Bible believing Christians.. You are not in one of these groups.. You and the user JesusWhereAreU are both clearly agents of or allied with the roman catholic church.. So it is not surprising to me that you would not be able to sit through these video's.. Your faith in the twisted teachings of the catechism of man is leading you to eternal destruction..

GodMyFortress

May 9, 2021
I made it clear in the opening post that i was posting for people who where undecided on the issue.. and for Bible believing Christians.. You are not in one of these groups.. You and the user JesusWhereAreU are both clearly agents of or allied with the roman catholic church.. So it is not surprising to me that you would not be able to sit through these video's.. Your faith in the twisted teachings of the catechism of man is leading you to eternal destruction..
Something is clearly wrong with you. Agent? There’s no way you are a grown man, who talks like that. Get out of your bubble and actually talk to a Catholic. Most of you are only good for lobbing insults. Have you ever considered why there are so many Catholics and so few of whatever you are?

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I recently watched this interesting video on the origin of the Roman Catholic church.

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
oh really?

well i was a Bible believing Christian... as in: at one time I had only the Bible (thought i had only the Bible) and tried to be a Christian..

again, that did not work for me..

and again, no Protestant can refute my EXPERIENCES... They can repeat all the antiCatholic stuff that protestant pastors often go on and on about but they cannot touch my personal experiences.. There were 1 or 2 weaknesses I used to have that ONLY that "Catholic stuff" could help with... and boy, did it help. .. the only thing that worked

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
Something is clearly wrong with you. Agent? There’s no way you are a grown man, who talks like that. Get out of your bubble and actually talk to a Catholic. Most of you are only good for lobbing insults. Have you ever considered why there are so many Catholics and so few of whatever you are?
LOL

you don't even know what he is but ... :)

actually there is "something clearly wrong" with all of us... which is why we need Christ's Church... not the ones founded by mere men... (so called... I mean Luther never impressed me.. Calvin ditto...)

GodMyFortress

May 9, 2021
LOL

you don't even know what he is but ... :)

actually there is "something clearly wrong" with all of us... which is why we need Christ's Church... not the ones founded by mere men... (so called... I mean Luther never impressed me.. Calvin ditto...)
The thing about the dumb videos (like the ones listed above) they always talk about how we “pray to dead people”. They don’t even realize they have missed the second most important truth in the New Testament: There are no dead Christians.

Those Christians aren’t dead, they are more alive than any man on this earth. They have eternal life and have achieved Christian perfection. They are more in sync and connected to God than I could ever dream to be until my soul joins there’s. If you believe they’re dead you missed the whole point of the New Testament.

Either Paul is right when he says that we (all Christians) are one in the body of Christ or we are not. Nowhere in the Bible does God tell us you are severed from the Body of Christ once you have achieved eternal life. Their connection with God connects them with me. Prayer is spiritual, not physical. The Christians in Heaven are spiritual not physical. It’s fitting.

Jul 9, 2020
I think there is a certain rot within both Catholicism and Protestantism. An infiltration. A deep church that has its appeal in modernism and being more and more like the secular world. I don't know for certain that Catholicism is right, but I am 100% sure that the ways of this world are evil. Traditional latin Catholic mass is the church that I've found that stands in the most contrast to this world. And the fact that the modern Protestants spend more time attacking Catholics than they do freemasonry, jewry, atheism, or any other openly anti-christian movement - this strikes me as suspicious. It makes me think that Catholics might indeed be the correct way.

I guess I should say that if I was forced to choose between novus ordo Catholics versus Protestants, then I'd probably go with the protestants. Maybe Steven Anderson's church. I've got zero interest in novus ordo Catholicism.

GodMyFortress

May 9, 2021
I think there is a certain rot within both Catholicism and Protestantism. An infiltration. A deep church that has its appeal in modernism and being more and more like the secular world. I don't know for certain that Catholicism is right, but I am 100% sure that the ways of this world are evil. Traditional latin Catholic mass is the church that I've found that stands in the most contrast to this world. And the fact that the modern Protestants spend more time attacking Catholics than they do freemasonry, jewry, atheism, or any other openly anti-christian movement - this strikes me as suspicious. It makes me think that Catholics might indeed be the correct way.

I guess I should say that if I was forced to choose between novus ordo Catholics versus Protestants, then I'd probably go with the protestants. Maybe Steven Anderson's church. I've got zero interest in novus ordo Catholicism.
Very good post. Being Catholic, I obviously have different beliefs about some things than Protestants. However at the end of the day, I’m not going to unnecessarily go after a Trinitarian Baptized person. That’s a Christian no matter what differences I may have with them. Unitarians, Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, etc...that’s not Christianity no matter how much they claim they are.

I’m honestly concerned about the ecumenism movement of Protestants to non-denominationalism. I may not agree with Protestant doctrine, but they at least try to hold to something somewhat uniform. I’ve literally had non-denominational Christians tell me the only thing that matters is their personal relationship with Christ, all the other beliefs are just extra commentary. That’s how you end up with Gay clergy and other non-biblical liberal ideas.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Oh so the true Way is established by the way the majority of people go? My LORD said something different about that.

Matthew 7: KJV
13 "¶ Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: {14} Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

When i comes to Salvation. Being with the majority is NOT the place to be..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

Catholicism should be attacked not because it is more evil then freemasonry and the others but because it is closer to the truth while not being the truth and thus it is more able to deceive and lead people to the eternal lake of fire.. The greatest deceptions should be the ones we expose and warn people of because they are the ones that deceive the most..

Jul 9, 2020
Catholicism should be attacked not because it is more evil then freemasonry and the others but because it is closer to the truth while not being the truth and thus it is more able to deceive and lead people to the eternal lake of fire.. The greatest deceptions should be the ones we expose and warn people of because they are the ones that deceive the most..
That's a pretty bold statement. You are so sure that Catholics are going to hell, that you advocate attacking them rather than confronting freemasons, who actually worship satan and sacrifice people to the devil. What if you're wrong? What if Catholics don't go to hell? What if you've just misinterpreted scripture a little bit? Then you're going to meet your maker and have to explain why you attacked fellow Christians rather than confront satanists? Don't you think that would be a bit embarrassing?

GodMyFortress

May 9, 2021
Oh so the true Way is established by the way the majority of people go? My LORD said something different about that.

Matthew 7: KJV
13 "¶ Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: {14} Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

When i comes to Salvation. Being with the majority is NOT the place to be..
Just curious, I’ve identified myself as Catholic but you haven’t made any distinction. Do you identify with a particular denomination?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
It isn't necessary to read the Catechism. In fact it's a waste of time. I learned early on that what my Methodist church said on paper and what it actually practiced were worlds apart. Now, I don't know exactly what's in the Catechism but I don't need it to know Catholicism is not Christianity. It's paganism in a Christian wrapper; at least in practice.