Some Views Have No Middle Ground

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
When I view certain situations I often hear we must find a middle ground or similarity. But when dealing with truth, life, or death we must be cautious in this area.

James 1:8
King James Version
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

The middle ground fallacy argues that a compromise between two extremes must be reached to satisfy a situation.

Example of Middle Ground
Joe says the sky is pink and Liz says the sky is blue, so they should really just compromise and say the sky is purple.
https://www.logicalfallacies.org/middle-ground.html

Early American colonists tried this with Great Britain in the prospects of slavery. Many in the northern colonies started to progressively push against it including Benjamin Franklin, in a 1773 letter to Dean Woodward.

" a disposition to abolish slavery prevails in North America, that many of Pennsylvanians have set their slaves at liberty, and that even the Virginia Assembly have petitioned the King for permission to make a law for preventing the importation of more into that colony. This request, however, will probably not be granted as their former laws of that kind have always been repealed."

Then the Revolution occurred and it took until the Civil War to abolish slavery. Why? It was a hotly debated topic much like immigration is today. Congress had those who proposed and condemned slavery but many held the middle ground. They held the middle ground due to many reasons. Knowing it was evil, they feared the states would never unite under a constitution and they feared becoming like Europe with many different countries on one mainland. (Europe with its many tyrants and wars) They feared civil war and if it occurred too soon, it would destroy the country. They feared the Southern Democrats.

For example, Southern Congressman Preston Brooks savagely beats Northern Senator Charles Sumner in the halls of Congress as tensions rise over the expansion of slavery.

On May 19, 1856, Massachusetts Senator Charles Sumner, an ardent abolitionist, began a two-day speech on the Senate floor.

Representative Preston Brooks of South Carolina, who had a history of violence, took it upon himself wielding the cane and entered the Senate chamber. Brooks then attacked Sumner at his desk, which was bolted to the floor. Sumner’s legs were pinned by the desk so he could not escape the savage beating. It was not until other congressmen subdued Brooks that Sumner finally escaped.

It took Sumner 3 years to fully recover.

The 1800s cancel culture in full swing. Many remained in the middle due to fear. It eventually led to a Civil War anyways but only because more and more people were being encouraged to act against slavery. It took people like John Adams or Senator Charles Sumner and the pastors of the Second Great Awakening that occurred around 1801. It was in Cane Ridge, Kentucky, where American Methodists made anti-slavery sentiments a condition of church membership.

The lesson from history concludes that there are issues that can never be compromised or have a middle ground. We even defended others on this principle of not wavering on the importance of liberty like WW2 or the Korean War.

Today we have topics like elective abortion the evil act of murdering millions of children based on the majority of reasons that are not life-threatening. This is no middle ground issue. There is no common ground. This is one example of many.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The lesson from history concludes that there are issues that can never be compromised or have a middle ground.
This is always true. There is no middle ground for certain issues. And that is why those Christians who voted for Joe Biden actually voted for Satan and his demons to be unleashed. The evidence is all around us.

A Canadian pastor has just been jailed for refusing to comply with COVID nonsense in Canada. He refused to find middle ground in shutting down his church services. Had all Christian churches in North America refused to comply with all the COVID nonsense (on both scientific and spiritual grounds) the governments could have done very little about it. But it needed to be a concerted effort. The problem is that the courts have been thoroughly compromised, so that individual rights and freedoms have been thrown aside in favor of totalitarianism and COVID tyranny.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
This is always true. There is no middle ground for certain issues. And that is why those Christians who voted for Joe Biden actually voted for Satan and his demons to be unleashed. The evidence is all around us.

A Canadian pastor has just been jailed for refusing to comply with COVID nonsense in Canada. He refused to find middle ground in shutting down his church services. Had all Christian churches in North America refused to comply with all the COVID nonsense (on both scientific and spiritual grounds) the governments could have done very little about it. But it needed to be a concerted effort. The problem is that the courts have been thoroughly compromised, so that individual rights and freedoms have been thrown aside in favor of totalitarianism and COVID tyranny.
I fully agree. It amazes me people do not understand when Scripture calls us to be peacekeepers, it doesn't mean we compromise on truth.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
This is so true, there is no middle ground in truth. At the same time, our Lord is a God of balance. As an example there was a question the Pharisees should have had about the Sabbath. The Pharisee said they could do no work on the Sabbath, so when the Pharisee saw a man who needed help he said he would not help because it was the Sabbath and the Sabbath was for rest not work, therefore dishonoring the Sabbath through being unkind on that day.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
This is so true, there is no middle ground in truth. At the same time, our Lord is a God of balance. As an example there was a question the Pharisees should have had about the Sabbath. The Pharisee said they could do no work on the Sabbath, so when the Pharisee saw a man who needed help he said he would not help because it was the Sabbath and the Sabbath was for rest not work, therefore dishonoring the Sabbath through being unkind on that day.
The hard part is making people see and believe the truth.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
There is a God vs there is no God.

Yeah, there is no middle ground :)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Jesus is alive versus Jesus is dead.

1 Corinthians
15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then [is] our preaching vain, and your faith [is] also vain.
15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith [is] vain; ye are yet in your sins.
15:18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
btw, political commentary and activism is not my cup of tea, so I must bid you adieu.:coffee:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
God sees the sky as rainbow colours, He sent his covenant which was a rainbow, so actually both are correct in what they see.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
they dont need to compromise.

I think you cannot force someone to compromise and assume YOU are always the one whos correct.

I had this thing yesterday when this lady who I knew, in a writing group, well she was a bit of a busybody and said do you mind if it tell you some things about your writing, and Im like not really, its to be enjoyed not critiqued. she ignored me and proceeded to say learn how to write It's and its cos you are getting it wrong.

Then I looked and couldnt see the problem, to her I was wrong.
and Im like I didnt ask for her advice so why is she telling me this, nobodys ever complained before. lol

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019

I think you cannot force someone to compromise and assume YOU are always the one whos correct.

I had this thing yesterday when this lady who I knew, in a writing group, well she was a bit of a busybody and said do you mind if it tell you some things about your writing, and Im like not really, its to be enjoyed not critiqued. she ignored me and proceeded to say learn how to write It's and its cos you are getting it wrong.

and Im like I didnt ask for her advice so why is she telling me this, nobodys ever complained before. lol
Sometimes those little mistakes can make it hard to enjoy a person's writings. Especially if that someone is a grammar Nazi. :p

I, too, love to write. I dont mind critiques because it helps my writing to improve. Have you heard of writing.com ? It's a free site (well, the lowest membership is free) where writers can share their work and review/get reviews on stories and poetry. My writing greatly improved in that online community. I haven't been able to write for awhile, though. Kids keep me too busy!

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

Truth is truth. 2+2 will always equal 4. Mankind will always have 2 genders. Murdering children will always be wrong.

If you are in truth because absolute truth exists through God then they should never compromise.

If others outside of truth wish to not be called Biblical fools and live as such then they must compromise their illogical, unreasonable, and foolish beliefs.

We force people to compromise all the time through our laws. Someone may believe it would be easier to kill their boss. But due to punishment for illegal activity, they decide that isn't the best choice.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
When I view certain situations I often hear we must find a middle ground or similarity. But when dealing with truth, life, or death we must be cautious in this area.

James 1:8
King James Version
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

The middle ground fallacy argues that a compromise between two extremes must be reached to satisfy a situation.

Example of Middle Ground
Joe says the sky is pink and Liz says the sky is blue, so they should really just compromise and say the sky is purple.
https://www.logicalfallacies.org/middle-ground.html

Early American colonists tried this with Great Britain in the prospects of slavery. Many in the northern colonies started to progressively push against it including Benjamin Franklin, in a 1773 letter to Dean Woodward.

" a disposition to abolish slavery prevails in North America, that many of Pennsylvanians have set their slaves at liberty, and that even the Virginia Assembly have petitioned the King for permission to make a law for preventing the importation of more into that colony. This request, however, will probably not be granted as their former laws of that kind have always been repealed."

Then the Revolution occurred and it took until the Civil War to abolish slavery. Why? It was a hotly debated topic much like immigration is today. Congress had those who proposed and condemned slavery but many held the middle ground. They held the middle ground due to many reasons. Knowing it was evil, they feared the states would never unite under a constitution and they feared becoming like Europe with many different countries on one mainland. (Europe with its many tyrants and wars) They feared civil war and if it occurred too soon, it would destroy the country. They feared the Southern Democrats.

For example, Southern Congressman Preston Brooks savagely beats Northern Senator Charles Sumner in the halls of Congress as tensions rise over the expansion of slavery.

On May 19, 1856, Massachusetts Senator Charles Sumner, an ardent abolitionist, began a two-day speech on the Senate floor.

Representative Preston Brooks of South Carolina, who had a history of violence, took it upon himself wielding the cane and entered the Senate chamber. Brooks then attacked Sumner at his desk, which was bolted to the floor. Sumner’s legs were pinned by the desk so he could not escape the savage beating. It was not until other congressmen subdued Brooks that Sumner finally escaped.

It took Sumner 3 years to fully recover.

The 1800s cancel culture in full swing. Many remained in the middle due to fear. It eventually led to a Civil War anyways but only because more and more people were being encouraged to act against slavery. It took people like John Adams or Senator Charles Sumner and the pastors of the Second Great Awakening that occurred around 1801. It was in Cane Ridge, Kentucky, where American Methodists made anti-slavery sentiments a condition of church membership.

The lesson from history concludes that there are issues that can never be compromised or have a middle ground. We even defended others on this principle of not wavering on the importance of liberty like WW2 or the Korean War.

Today we have topics like elective abortion the evil act of murdering millions of children based on the majority of reasons that are not life-threatening. This is no middle ground issue. There is no common ground. This is one example of many.
The middle ground is also No mans Land..

Just read reports of men who where stuck in No mans land on the battle fields of world war 1...

Not a good place to be..

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
My "christian" families, both mother and father's sides, could care less if I am dead or alive. Let me make this simple . . . they're not a part of my life any longer, and I mean 100% of them. We do not need people in our lives, who push us to no longer wanting to live. If we have family members that push and push, causing us to not want to live . . . they must go!

Luke 12:53 NKJV - "Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law."

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
My "christian" families, both mother and father's sides, could care less if I am dead or alive. Let me make this simple . . . they're not a part of my life any longer, and I mean 100% of them. We do not need people in our lives, who push us to no longer wanting to live. If we have family members that push and push, causing us to not want to live . . . they must go!

Luke 12:53 NKJV - "Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law."
Just like the sailors and Jonah. Jonah was a toxic individual bringing almost death onto the sailors. So they throw him off the boat.

You can pray for them and even forgive them but sometimes you must kick toxic people out of your life.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Sometimes those little mistakes can make it hard to enjoy a person's writings. Especially if that someone is a grammar Nazi. :p

I, too, love to write. I dont mind critiques because it helps my writing to improve. Have you heard of writing.com ? It's a free site (well, the lowest membership is free) where writers can share their work and review/get reviews on stories and poetry. My writing greatly improved in that online community. I haven't been able to write for awhile, though. Kids keep me too busy!
no but Im not that serious about writing, I write for fun. Not for nazis.

She would probably have a fit if I tried to txt her something and used abbreviations!

(person in question still has no clue how to email, or operate a smartphone)

Anyway. About the middle ground. As a middle child, I'm gonna say it YES there is a middle ground. And its really hard being a middle child cos people dismiss you as if your view doesnt even count.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Truth is truth. 2+2 will always equal 4. Mankind will always have 2 genders. Murdering children will always be wrong.

If you are in truth because absolute truth exists through God then they should never compromise.

If others outside of truth wish to not be called Biblical fools and live as such then they must compromise their illogical, unreasonable, and foolish beliefs.

We force people to compromise all the time through our laws. Someone may believe it would be easier to kill their boss. But due to punishment for illegal activity, they decide that isn't the best choice.
er, people outside the truth just dont care and will take whatver punishment anyway.