Someone help me please.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Hi all...Yesterday was a beautiful day and i ruined it last night by drinking wine...I have stayed sober now for a good few months and yesterday i drank about 4 glasses of large red wine and i am awake early this morning feeling dreadful, i never hurt anyone, was not abusive but i did speak about Jesus and i feel so ashamed of speaking His beautiful name while alcohol was in me, i sobbed my heart out last night to my pastor, the guilt of drinking again just mortified me, i feel so disrespectful to Jesus, i know all the Scriptures about drunkards not getting in to heaven, as i type this i am crying, i am not looking for a there there, i know i have sinned against my Lord, i am beside myself because i really do not want this addiction on me, the Lord has done such wonderful work in me over these past years where the drinking is concerned, and yet i still fall, i just want this to go once and for all, i put myself in the situation that i know i should of stayed away from yet i openly walked straight in to the pub knowing i was going to drink, i feel such a hypocrite , i was not drunk as in falling over, but my lips was lose in speaking about Jesus, if anyone is out there who has struggled with alcohol and can help me, please write , i feel so alone and the verses do frighten me about drunkards, someone please help me with Scripture, i feel i have let my Lord Jesus down and i know its because i have...xox...

Z

Zi

You didn't enjoy it after all was said and done so that's a good sign.. your heart is tender.. worry if you stop caring and never regret it

Nov 14, 2016
Hi all...Yesterday was a beautiful day and i ruined it last night by drinking wine...I have stayed sober now for a good few months and yesterday i drank about 4 glasses of large red wine and i am awake early this morning feeling dreadful, i never hurt anyone, was not abusive but i did speak about Jesus and i feel so ashamed of speaking His beautiful name while alcohol was in me, i sobbed my heart out last night to my pastor, the guilt of drinking again just mortified me, i feel so disrespectful to Jesus, i know all the Scriptures about drunkards not getting in to heaven, as i type this i am crying, i am not looking for a there there, i know i have sinned against my Lord, i am beside myself because i really do not want this addiction on me, the Lord has done such wonderful work in me over these past years where the drinking is concerned, and yet i still fall, i just want this to go once and for all, i put myself in the situation that i know i should of stayed away from yet i openly walked straight in to the pub knowing i was going to drink, i feel such a hypocrite , i was not drunk as in falling over, but my lips was lose in speaking about Jesus, if anyone is out there who has struggled with alcohol and can help me, please write , i feel so alone and the verses do frighten me about drunkards, someone please help me with Scripture, i feel i have let my Lord Jesus down and i know its because i have...xox...
***(praying)***you can make it---just repent and keep going forward***get good friends/Church to support you***I use to drink up to a fifth of whiskey a day, plus drugs ect.***go forward in faith...

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
If you're a saved believer in Christ, you should have no fear of hell.
You cannot lose your salvation, even if you were to quit believing!
Our relationship with God is that of parent and child.
If you have children, you already understand the compassion.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
You didn't enjoy it after all was said and done so that's a good sign.. your heart is tender.. worry if you stop caring and never regret it
Thank you Zi , your right i did not enjoy it, it just made me realize that one is to many, i can never have one again , it `s not about how many months i have not drank, i just know i can not drink again...xox...

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
***(praying)***you can make it---just repent and keep going forward***get good friends/Church to support you***I use to drink up to a fifth of whiskey a day, plus drugs ect.***go forward in faith...
Thank you, i will keep on keeping on in my faith, i hope and pray i will one day be able to say i used to like yourself, i go so far then fall, i can not keep doing this, it`s like i am undoing the good work my Lord is doing in me...xox...

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
If you're a saved believer in Christ, you should have no fear of hell.
You cannot lose your salvation, even if you were to quit believing!
Our relationship with God is that of parent and child.
If you have children, you already understand the compassion.
Thank you Huckleberry, yes i am a mother and grand mother and i have been walking with the Lord for nearly two years, yes i am born again...I know that the condemnation i am feeling is not from Jesus and i am truly sorry for drinking, yet it is so hard to get rid of the guilt and shame even though i know God is not condemning me...xox...

G00WZ

May 16, 2014

People make mistakes, get up and try again... proverbs 24:16 "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief." You have an advocate with the Father.. 1 John 2:1 "My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One."
God is more interested in you being righteous in what he says about you rather than the mistakes you make.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
People make mistakes, get up and try again... proverbs 24:16 "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief." You have an advocate with the Father.. 1 John 2:1 "My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One."
God is more interested in you being righteous in what he says about you rather than the mistakes you make.
Thank you GOOWZ...I have just looked up the Scripture 1 John 2:1, i guess the effects of drinking will take time to wear off, thank you once again...xox...

slave

Mar 20, 2015
You are less struggling with alcohol, than you are struggling with keeping your eyes on Jesus relationally. You are looking at alcohol and your right to yourself, rather than staying focused, and dependent on Him. Satan now knows alcohol seems to do that, from past failures, and notes it in your personality profile. This helps his cause to have you miss the mark of Christ in your life, if he can get you to stumble. So he returns to it time and time again. And he will all the more vehemently until he has a stronghold on it in your mind and physiology. But God has always had control over alcohol in you, it is just finding a reason to allow Him to procure the victory, sided with your obedience that is hindering it from being under His hand.

One of the strongholds in my life was a sin I went three steps forward in Christ, and two steps backwards with Him - in, which meant I had not surrendered it yet completely. For some time I struggled, until God showed me His revelation. Evil spirits had gained ground in my mind due to my complacency and passivity in not going forward with God. Satan was saying, "Well this is just a sin I struggle with; humans are weak, God is strong." But Christ is in me to be my strength; in becoming strong in my disposition as He empowers my soul and body to align with the Fathers will and accomplish it successfully. All of which is released when I obey.

God showed me in His Word thru righteousness that I was struggling with truth not that particular sin. For we are weak but He is strong and He will transform us thru the Cross to empower us to take victory over all sins. I didn't see it as God saw it, at that time in my life, I saw it as I was trying. He knew that I was investing two out of five times in death, and risking life. I was sacrificing trust with Himself, and usability as His worker to reconcile people effectively. And I was letting my mind and will become dormant in my righteousness. As He walked me thru His Word; He painted a new picture in my mind.

The next time I was tempted I didn't compare pleasure over rightness coupled with my weakness, I saw me hurting my Father when I knew He was waiting to give me victory in His strength. I saw myself investing, by choice, in death regardless of the pleasure. Where does a man profit, if he gains the whole world yet forfeits his soul? I found no more satisfaction in it, and I wanted it no more, all while the temptation is in its fiery to entice and lure me. At that moment, the things of this world grew strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace. for I loved God more and wanted more to do His will. So I obeyed Him, trusting Him.

I wasn't struggling with the sin, I was struggling with dying to the right to myself. But when I did release all of my rights (which was really pride and self-awareness), which, by way of rights, was never there in the first place - the truth set me free. God released me of sin by way of the Cross, and I conquered my sins because in faith I stood against His enemy, and mine - the anti-god in my disposition in Christ.

I was struggling with my steadfastness in Christ. And He transformed my mind in helping me, and thru my obedience in my body I was free and victorious over that sin. In the wake of my obedience Satan also clamored no more with such vicious temptations for he knew I had surrendered all to my God as was willing to obey. Now, Satan does still come back, but I am exercising my faith and He is faithful to me again and again. The gift God gives me is also my forged Character as I stand up under it..

*Peter…walked on the water to go to Jesus. But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid… —(Matthew 14:29-30).

The wind really was boisterous and the waves really were high, but Peter didn’t see them at first. He didn’t consider them at all; he simply recognized his Lord, stepped out in recognition of Him, and “walked on the water.” Then he began to take those things around him into account, and instantly, down he went. Why couldn’t our Lord have enabled him to walk at the bottom of the waves, as well as on top of them? He could have, yet neither could be done without Peter’s continuing recognition of the Lord Jesus. Let God give you His wisdom over it, He will instill His Spiritual truths all the more, and give you strength. But you must decide. It always comes down to us deciding...to follow Him. You stumbled, ok, now get up and continue onward and upward, as you have already confessed and have turned from it. Learn from it and move on in your righteousness. May God Bless you richly.

Last edited:

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
You are less struggling with alcohol, than you are struggling with keeping your eyes on Jesus relationally. You are looking at alcohol and your right to yourself, rather than staying focused, and dependent on Him. Satan now knows alcohol seems to do that, from past failures, and notes it in your personality profile. This helps his cause to have you miss the mark of Christ in your life, if he can get you to stumble. So he returns to it time and time again. And he will all the more vehemently until he has a stronghold on it in your mind and physiology. But God has always had control over alcohol in you, it is just finding a reason to allow Him to procure the victory, sided with your obedience that is hindering it from being under His hand.

One of the strongholds in my life was a sin I went three steps forward in Christ, and two steps backwards with Him - in, which meant I had not surrendered it yet completely. For some time I struggled, until God showed me His revelation. Evil spirits had gained ground in my mind due to my complacency and passivity in not going forward with God. Satan was saying, "Well this is just a sin I struggle with; humans are weak, God is strong." But Christ is in me to be my strength; in becoming strong in my disposition as He empowers my soul and body to align with the Fathers will and accomplish it successfully. All of which is released when I obey.

God showed me in His Word thru righteousness that I was struggling with truth not that particular sin. For we are weak but He is strong and He will transform us thru the Cross to empower us to take victory over all sins. I didn't see it as God saw it, at that time in my life, I saw it as I was trying. He knew that I was investing two out of five times in death, and risking life. I was sacrificing trust with Himself, and usability as His worker to reconcile people effectively. And I was letting my mind and will become dormant in my righteousness. As He walked me thru His Word; He painted a new picture in my mind.

The next time I was tempted I didn't compare pleasure over rightness coupled with my weakness, I saw me hurting my Father when I knew He was waiting to give me victory in His strength. I saw myself investing, by choice, in death regardless of the pleasure. Where does a man profit, if he gains the whole world yet forfeits his soul? I found no more satisfaction in it, and I wanted it no more, all while the temptation is in its fiery to entice and lure me. At that moment, the things of this world grew strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace. for I loved God more and wanted more to do His will. So I obeyed Him, trusting Him.

I wasn't struggling with the sin, I was struggling with dying to the right to myself. But when I did release all of my rights (which was really pride and self-awareness), which, by way of rights, was never there in the first place - the truth set me free. God released me of sin by way of the Cross, and I conquered my sins because in faith I stood against His enemy, and mine - the anti-god in my disposition in Christ.

I was struggling with my steadfastness in Christ. And He transformed my mind in helping me, and thru my obedience in my body I was free and victorious over that sin. In the wake of my obedience Satan also clamored no more with such vicious temptations for he knew I had surrendered all to my God as was willing to obey. Now, Satan does still come back, but I am exercising my faith and He is faithful to me again and again. The gift God gives me is also my forged Character as I stand up under it..

*Peter…walked on the water to go to Jesus. But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid… —(Matthew 14:29-30).

The wind really was boisterous and the waves really were high, but Peter didn’t see them at first. He didn’t consider them at all; he simply recognized his Lord, stepped out in recognition of Him, and “walked on the water.” Then he began to take those things around him into account, and instantly, down he went. Why couldn’t our Lord have enabled him to walk at the bottom of the waves, as well as on top of them? He could have, yet neither could be done without Peter’s continuing recognition of the Lord Jesus. Let God give you His wisdom over it, He will instill His Spiritual truths all the more, and give you strength. But you must decide. It always comes down to us deciding...to follow Him. You stumbled, ok, now get up and continue onward and upward, as you have already confessed and have turned from it. Learn from it and move on in your righteousness. May God Bless you richly.
Thank you so much for writing this...yes i will move on, the guilt is lifting slowly, these messages have lifted me up, thank you all...xox...

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
i will be praying for you and lets hope God will heal and bless.

you can read Bible, pray God will work within you.

when the light comes, darkness disappear. As Jesus comes in your life, all these negative things will disappear. As you grow in the Lord. God will give your strength, knowledge and wisdom to overcome these things.

God bless!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
This is not a "there,there" dear sister, but it's going to be ok. That is not to say that drinking to excess is ok. Don't beat yourself up. Stay an effective Christian. It's hard to do that while feeling that you disappointed your Abba. It merely means you stumbled. How many times did Jesus say we are to forgive a brother/sister?
Be joyful in the knowledge of Him. Your sin is as far as the east is from the west in God's eyes.

C

CaptainGoat

Never had the same issues as I dont fit into the government boxes....When my doctor asked me if I drank alcohol I said yes. They then go and ask how many units a week. The tick box goes 0 , 1 etc. There is no box for me as it is about 2 to 3 (Maybe 4) units spread out over the year!

Do not worry about the time you have just had.... Pick yourself up and today is a new day!
OK?xx

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
This is not a "there,there" dear sister, but it's going to be ok. That is not to say that drinking to excess is ok. Don't beat yourself up. Stay an effective Christian. It's hard to do that while feeling that you disappointed your Abba. It merely means you stumbled. How many times did Jesus say we are to forgive a brother/sister?
Be joyful in the knowledge of Him. Your sin is as far as the east is from the west in God's eyes.
Thank you PennEd...God has been working in me with the drinking for the past few years, He has and is doing a good job in me, i think also what really got me was preaching about Jesus while alcohol was in me...Thank you once again for your words...xox...

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
i will be praying for you and lets hope God will heal and bless.

you can read Bible, pray God will work within you.

when the light comes, darkness disappear. As Jesus comes in your life, all these negative things will disappear. As you grow in the Lord. God will give your strength, knowledge and wisdom to overcome these things.

God bless!
Thank you levi85...xox...

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Never had the same issues as I dont fit into the government boxes....When my doctor asked me if I drank alcohol I said yes. They then go and ask how many units a week. The tick box goes 0 , 1 etc. There is no box for me as it is about 2 to 3 (Maybe 4) units spread out over the year!

Do not worry about the time you have just had.... Pick yourself up and today is a new day!
OK?xx
Thank you CaptainGoat...I am going bible class tonight,then will buy some food, have a nice hot bath and a good sleep,still feeling a bit shakey from the alcohol but i know that will pass...xox...

Seekingfamily

Jun 20, 2017
Praying for you

Jeremiah 3:22 - Return, ye backsliding children, [and] I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou [art] the LORD our God.

Jeremiah 14:7 - O LORD, though our iniquities testify against us, do thou [it] for thy name's sake: for our backslidings are many; we have sinned against thee.

Hosea 14:4 - I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
also not a 'there, there', but i'd like to share something another member once wrote to someone having this kind of trouble, feeling they let God down.

you have kids, and grandkids? remember when they were learning to walk, and they toddled a little and fell, and you were SO disappointed in them you wanted to give up on them?

remember that? no? GOOD.

do you think God saved you and never saw this coming? ♥
no, dear sister, He knew, and He set His love on you and saved you anyway.
He did so for us all, and we have ALL sinned.

you fell and you have learned. and God? He still loves you. He was loving you even when you poured the last glass.
He wants you to walk with Him, and He's okay with you holding His hand so you won't stumble as you toddle, like your kids when they were small.

remember when your kids were little, and they were sick, and you just couldn't stand to be around them?
not, right? we have a sickness, sin, and just as you cared for your little ones when they were ill, our Father in heaven cares for us in our sickness. God became one of us. Christ took on human flesh and frailty, and now always lives to intercede for His people.

hold His hand and walk with Him. ♥

Last edited:

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Praying for you

Jeremiah 3:22 - Return, ye backsliding children, [and] I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou [art] the LORD our God.

Jeremiah 14:7 - O LORD, though our iniquities testify against us, do thou [it] for thy name's sake: for our backslidings are many; we have sinned against thee.

Hosea 14:4 - I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.
Thank you Seekingfamily, they brought a tear to my eye, especially Hosea 14:4...It just reminds me what a Wonderful Loving Father we have...xox...