Ok, this is my first thread so hello to all, and thanks before hand to you who may reply.
This is the revelation I had a while ago, and have been helped by it deeply, but am realizing not many people see this. So please tell me I'm not "out there" for asking this question.
So here is the verse I was reading when it happened:
1st Peter 1:10- "Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow."
Ok, this letter was addressed to God's elect "who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood", so all of us in Christ. Peter states that the prophets who predicted Christ's sufferings, were prophesying of the grace that comes to us who believe in Jesus. The only prophets he was talking about who could have predicted Christ's sufferings, had to be before Christ came, and were the prophets who wrote the scripture they had at that time, essentially the Old Testament.
So here is the revelation I had and the question I want to ask you all:
If the Old Testament prophets we're speaking of the salvation that the body of Christ are receiving, what were they addressing us as??
Look back at the scripture and read it again carefully and see if you see what I'm saying. Like I said, this occurred to me about 3 years ago, so I have been looking into it for a while now and have figured it out to my satisfaction, but I have come to learn that this hasn't really occurred to alot of people, or may not even see it that way all together.
I can give all of you a hint tho of what answer has satisfied me, it has everything to do with Hebrews saying we have come to Mt. Zion, the heavenly Jerusalem, and it also has everything to do with Jesus saying he was sent only for the "Lost sheep of Israel".
God bless, and please answer the question: If the prophets who predicted Christ's coming spoke of our grace in Christ, who wrote the scriptures they had at that time, (Isaiah, Jeremiah, all the ones Paul and Jesus and Peter quoted all over the place), were talking about our salvation, what were they addressing us as?