Something Different

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oh... The song is about people who have God showing through their lives.

I hit play and listened to a few seconds... "This isn't very different. I got lots of music in my collection that sounds like this."
 
As usual I had difficulty understanding the lyrics, so here they are:

[Verse 1]
When we walk down the street
It'd be to a whole 'nother beat
And you would see
A light in you and me
Maybe a remedy
Some kinda relief
And they'd be like
Ooh aah, look at 'em go
Whata they know that I don't know
Ooh aah every move we make
Don't ya know that we can
Help see 'em saved

[Chorus]
There's something different
Something different
And I gotta have it
I can't describe it
Can't describe it
But I know that I need it
I don't know what it is
But I need a dose of it
C'mon C'mon
Can ya feel it
There's something different

[Verse 2]
Yeah we got that spark
It's a break from the dark
So real so right
And they be like
I think I need it in my life
Oooh Aaah
Stop them guys!
Whata you have that I don't have
Ooh
I would do it differently
But ya know that we can help
See 'em saved

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
I'ma tell you what it is
I'm about to tell you what it is
It's a love like you've never known
It's a feeling like being home
It's always knowing that you're never alone
It's a shock to your sleeping soon
It's a love like you've never known
It's a feeling like being home
It's always knowing that you're never alone
It's Jesus Christ and He's in my soul

There's something different
Something different
Yeah

[Chorus]
There's something different
Something different
And you gotta have it
You can't describe it
Can't describe it
But I know that you need it
I know just what it is
And you need a dose of it
C'mon C'mon C'mon
You can feel it
You need that something different
I'ma tell you what it is
I'ma tell you what it is
Jesus Christ is something different

The beat is catchy, but the lyrics are rather mundane except for the punchline at the end.

If you want to try some songs that are really different, try my concept album "Pilgrimage":

https://groovykerygma.bandcamp.com/album/pilgrimage-2

Comments on one or more of those?