Something greater than sacrifice?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tstrange
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tstrange

Guest
in the word, it says that obedience is greater than sacrifice. it also says that God desires mercy, and justice, and for us to be humble. and yet, why do we struggle with such things? why is it that even though the King of kings can ask us to do something, we can often struggle against it?
I have found this to be true in my life, even now. there is something the Lord is asking of me, and while in my spirit I long to obay him, I want to see the fruit of that, the thing he asks, will require that I allow him to enter in to places in my past, and shine his light there.
This is a scarry thing. I know it is needed, and I know he is faithful, to complete the work he began in me.
Yet, even though in my mind I know these things, when I sit down to do what he requests, fear pops it's ugly head up, and I want to run from the thing he is asking. its to painful, I don't want to go there, I don't want you there, I don't want anyone else to know.
Will I eventually end up doing what he asks, yes. do I want to at this time? not one bit.
However, if we love him, we will obay his commands, right?