S
Seeking-Christ
Guest
Pastor Greg Laurie is from the Harvest Christian Fellowship
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Laurie
Harvest Christian Fellowship
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_Christian_Fellowship
Dale Thompson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Thompson
Christian Metal Band Bride
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bride_(band)
While I was listening to one of Pastor Greg's sermons he seemed to imply that once you got the holy spirit you don't get lonely anymore. I was equally surprised when I heard Dale Thompson do a vlog cast on youtube where He also said the same thing. Then He said that He never has been lonely.
Dale is a some kind of a universalist where as Greg Laurie is not. When Dale was asked what that terms means to him. He simply says, "It means that God wins and the Devil looses." He's not very open about that view. but He has taken some heat for it. I used to care about this, but I don't anymore. Some of you may not know this, but C.S. Lewis looked up to a Christian writer known as George MacDonald. George McDonald was also a universalist.
Based on what little I understand of universalism, I don't agree with it. With that being said, I wouldn't say that every person who believes in universalism is a lost person going to hell when they die. I think you get to heaven by putting your faith in Jesus Christ, and that doesn't seem to mean that you completely understand every little detail in the Bible.
As far as Dale's song writing goes, the man almost never pushes any form of universal view in his lyrics. Out of years and years of making albums, there is only about four songs where He even alludes to it. And that is why I decided that I don't care in his case. Now if He was pushing it all the time, then I might care.
ANYWAYS, I've gotten a little off track. I just find it really interesting that there are people who believe that once you got the holy spirit that you don't get lonely anymore.
Interview with Dale Thompson
https://spinditty.com/artists-bands/Interview-with-Dale-Thompson-Bride-is-Back
C.S. Lewis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._S._Lewis
George MacDonald
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_MacDonald
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Laurie
Harvest Christian Fellowship
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_Christian_Fellowship
Dale Thompson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Thompson
Christian Metal Band Bride
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bride_(band)
While I was listening to one of Pastor Greg's sermons he seemed to imply that once you got the holy spirit you don't get lonely anymore. I was equally surprised when I heard Dale Thompson do a vlog cast on youtube where He also said the same thing. Then He said that He never has been lonely.
Dale is a some kind of a universalist where as Greg Laurie is not. When Dale was asked what that terms means to him. He simply says, "It means that God wins and the Devil looses." He's not very open about that view. but He has taken some heat for it. I used to care about this, but I don't anymore. Some of you may not know this, but C.S. Lewis looked up to a Christian writer known as George MacDonald. George McDonald was also a universalist.
Based on what little I understand of universalism, I don't agree with it. With that being said, I wouldn't say that every person who believes in universalism is a lost person going to hell when they die. I think you get to heaven by putting your faith in Jesus Christ, and that doesn't seem to mean that you completely understand every little detail in the Bible.
As far as Dale's song writing goes, the man almost never pushes any form of universal view in his lyrics. Out of years and years of making albums, there is only about four songs where He even alludes to it. And that is why I decided that I don't care in his case. Now if He was pushing it all the time, then I might care.
ANYWAYS, I've gotten a little off track. I just find it really interesting that there are people who believe that once you got the holy spirit that you don't get lonely anymore.
Interview with Dale Thompson
https://spinditty.com/artists-bands/Interview-with-Dale-Thompson-Bride-is-Back
C.S. Lewis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._S._Lewis
George MacDonald
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_MacDonald