Sometimes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

joecoten

Sometimes I feel so alone
Like I haven't got a friend in the world
Sometimes I feel I'm living on borrowed time
Sometimes I feel I've got nothing to live for

Lord, help me cope
Restore my hope
A new start, a new song in my heart
Lord, help me cope -tc

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
This is but another confirmation that you are a True Child of God. Often we find men found to be feeling left alone and without the support and company of others. Jesus was one of them when His disciples couldn't or couldn't stay awake with Him. Paul was abandoned by all in the Province of Asia, and then there was king David . . . a preimage of Jesus Himself.

Be thankful that you meet the description of a Child of God!

And by the way, I feel the exact same way as do you. I have been abandoned by 95% of both sides of my family. It doesn't feel good, but I understand that God loves the poor and oppressed . . . and that's us, Oblio!

Jun 12, 2021
This is but another confirmation that you are a True Child of God. Often we find men found to be feeling left alone and without the support and company of others. Jesus was one of them when His disciples couldn't or couldn't stay awake with Him. Paul was abandoned by all in the Province of Asia, and then there was king David . . . a preimage of Jesus Himself.

And by the way, I feel the exact same way as do you. I have been abandoned by 95% of both sides of my family. It doesn't feel good, but I understand that God loves the poor and oppressed . . . and that's us, Oblio!
John 15:19
King James Version

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

The tests, suffering and trials has a good effect on us.
To depend more on God, to test if you love God, to hate this sinful world, to look forward to seeing face to face with God.

No more sin and suffering.

Watch out for self-pity.

Romans 9:22-23
King James Version

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Hebrews 11:24-26
New King James Version

24 By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter, 25 choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the [a]passing pleasures of sin, 26 esteeming the [b]reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures [c]in Egypt; for he looked to the reward.

Jun 12, 2021
J

joecoten

Child Of God

I am what I am, a child of the great I Am
By the blood of the Lamb, the Lamb who was slain
I'm precious in His sight, the apple of His eye
I am fearfully and wonderfully made

You knew me, You formed me
You chose me, You called me
You love me, just like You love Yeshua
You delight in me! -tc

J

joecoten

Joe...Oblio...Joblio...heck, just call me Job! Lol Coincidentally, Job was my dad's nickname. Though Job was a much better man than me.

J

joecoten

After years of illness, after losing what I had, I wrote my first song in many years. I called it, "Sometimes." It was a simple pray, a plead to the God of my life. Shortly after, I joined my first online Christian group. It was the first fellowship I had in 13 years.
I believe He had, and has, a purpose in my suffering. He has to. He has made promises to me. I choose to trust Him, even if I don't understand. I found some insight, I think, in the writings of A.W. Tozer.
"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him." - Job 13:15 KJV