Songs that confuse me

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mystdancer50

Senior Member
Feb 26, 2012
2,522
50
48
Okay...I mean...the song is, in fact, about him, right? Just confuses me every time I hear it, because she says, "I bet you think this song is about you" ... and it IS. It just is. I mean, if it wasn't, she couldn't say that in the chorus, could she? She couldn't say that she bets he thinks the song is about him without there being a 'him' in the first place, right? And the song is all about him. Maybe I'm vain. Either that, or I think it is beyond my ability to comprehend. Sigh.
 

Attachments

  • woman-kneeling.jpg
    woman-kneeling.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 348
I think that's the irony of the song. She doesn't want it to be about him, but it is. :D
 
I always thought the song was about a guy that liked her, then again thats the only song of hers i think i have heard. I phrase it that way because i don't who the her in question is only the song that was referenced