Gen. 6:2 Sons of God
Matt 3:17 This is my Son
My question is: are the words Sons and Son, the same word in the original text? The Matt text being much more recent, and the Genesis text being from the earliest text that we have. Here might lie a need for interpretation from a Scholar. I do have a Strong's but it is huge and heavy and on the top of the book case. Even then there is a likelihood that would not bridge the gap for me.
I think that I have heard the 'Genesis Sons' referred to as fallen Angels. Then, of course there is the sentiment that Jesus is God's one and only Son. Of course, having mixed it up with middle eastern beliefs, my thinking may be muddled.
Matt 3:17 This is my Son
My question is: are the words Sons and Son, the same word in the original text? The Matt text being much more recent, and the Genesis text being from the earliest text that we have. Here might lie a need for interpretation from a Scholar. I do have a Strong's but it is huge and heavy and on the top of the book case. Even then there is a likelihood that would not bridge the gap for me.
I think that I have heard the 'Genesis Sons' referred to as fallen Angels. Then, of course there is the sentiment that Jesus is God's one and only Son. Of course, having mixed it up with middle eastern beliefs, my thinking may be muddled.