A
I notice there are a few people on CC who have such an ugly critical spirit, there's no sweet fellowship with them. They're here to post their opinions as if they're an authority but refuse to learn anything from others. And if you happen to disagree with them, you become their target. They usually follow a pattern:
Those with a critical spirit:
1. Troll specific members, usually those they are intimated by or jealous of
2. Look for any fault in folks in order to inflict harm & feel superior
3. Refuse to recognize their error, therefore are unteachable
4. Are motivated by jealousy, insecurity, unforgiveness & spite
5. Boast about themselves, but often do not give credit to others
I notice there are a few people on CC who have such an ugly critical spirit, there's no sweet fellowship with them. They're here to post their opinions as if they're an authority but refuse to learn anything from others. And if you happen to disagree with them, you become their target. They usually follow a pattern:
Those with a critical spirit:
1. Troll specific members, usually those they are intimated by or jealous of
2. Look for any fault in folks in order to inflict harm & feel superior
3. Refuse to recognize their error, therefore are unteachable
4. Are motivated by jealousy, insecurity, unforgiveness & spite
5. Boast about themselves, but often do not give credit to others
And then, praise God, we have those sincere members who share beautiful fellowship, awesome friendship, hearty chuckles, private pieces of their precious lives, and make coming to CC so worthwhile. They're like light to the soul!
Beautiful picture..And then, praise God, we have those sincere members who share beautiful fellowship, awesome friendship, hearty chuckles, private pieces of their precious lives, and make coming to CC so worthwhile. They're like light to the soul!
View attachment 159031
Something I read the other day that helps me figure out this place better. You might enjoy it.Things I’ve learned recently on CC:
Standing in direct opposition to God’s word is ok. (And by inference, calling God a liar is ok). Presenting a case to show that someone is standing in direct opposition to God’s word (and is therefore calling God a liar) is ok, as long as you don’t do it all in one thread. Asking if you should continue or give up your presentation of evidence that someone is standing in direct opposition to God’s word (and therefore calling God a liar) is a chargeable offense.
But truth be told, I’ve been more of a detractor than contributor here lately. I’ve just grown tired of the same old arguments being volleyed back and forth endlessly with no end game in sight. So rather than repeating an argument for the umpteenth time to someone who I know isn’t going to take the time to comprehend and understand what is being said to them anyway, I’ve been picking at tangential issues that, mea culpa, add little to nothing to the discussion at hand.
My apologies for that. But from this very tired exchange I’ve also learned:
That 98% of the people here are here to teach and have absolutely no interest in learning. Their beliefs have been set in stone and therefore they are no longer interested in growing.
That the same 98% cannot be bothered to actually read and comprehend what is being said by others, painting other people’s statements with the brush of their own beliefs.
This was sorely exampled by one guy (not who you think) who, having been shown infallible proof that he is in error (on a non-scriptural issue), responded with “don’t expect me to change, that’s just who I am”. I guess maybe that was the point at which I gave up and entered this downward spiral.
1 Cor. 1:10: I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.” Obviously that issue is still at play today, as we have followers of various doctrines, ministries and leaders battering followers of other doctrines, ministries and leaders. Instead of honoring Paul’s plea that we be of one mind. Sadly, this site has become a venue for the very thing Paul pleaded against.
The Bible also tells us repeatedly to stand up against false teachers. But evidently we are only allowed to do that covertly, an overt obedience to such a treatise once again being a chargeable offence.
So, I’m outta here. Kinda. It’s fruitless at this point to continue, but I am addicted. Maybe it’s time to spend a little time at the 12 steps website
To the guy I was badgering … I mean, attempting to instruct, I truly hope and pray that someday your eyes are opened to the problem I was trying to clarify and illustrate to you. Because, honestly, if you don’t I do have doubt about whether I’ll see you in heaven. You’re the only one I’ve run across here who’s salvation I’ve questioned, because you are sooo far off the mark and inflexible. Strangely, in my effort to illustrate just that for you, God has been highlighting verses for me lately that support that very conclusion. I would say that is a ‘word’ to the wise, except we all know that knowledge, wisdom, and revelation have ceased. Yeah right.
Ephphatha!
And God Bless you all.
I did some research on trolls back in the late 1990's. Whoever did the research, (and it was published in a scientific study), characterized the average troll as male, middle-aged, still living at home, who has a pet rodent or reptile, lives in his parent's basement, and usually goes online in his underwear.I wonder how many of the extremists yelling at people in the forums also are doing that irl...
There were a couple of long-term members on here when I first started. They were continually nasty, and yet very few people reacted to them. I'm guessing because most ignored them. Funny thing. One went after me when I was very vulnerable. (Ummm, depleted.) Friends took exception. Some became friends because they took exception. And within a month, he was banned.I don't argue with people like this, I simply ignore them or place them on my "ignore" list so I no longer see their comments. You have to wonder if they are aware that their behaviour does not reflect Christ. Do they think He'd be impressed?
In Ant's list, you came to mind for the first point.Those are the type of people I like to antagonize and troll in their own threads to the point that they react and show their true stripes to everyone else in the thread. I've found that I have no need to exert myself to make people look foolish, but merely need to show them the door and they will make that entrance themselves.
Lynn, there is someone presently following me around and posting on threads I go into leaving negative comments aimed at me. It's like a mosquito on a mean mission.
View attachment 159039
In Ant's list, you came to mind for the first point.
1. Troll specific members, usually those they are intimated by or jealous of
![]()
Actually, according to a new post on BDF that is flaming that post because it was locked, one person thinks it's me. (I've got no beef, so have no idea why it would be me.) And, Willie thinks it was him.Lynn, there is someone presently following me around and posting on threads I go into leaving negative comments aimed at me. It's like a mosquito on a mean mission.
View attachment 159039