Ok the morning news is that Prince Harry lost his court case.
It was against the Daily Mail and he alleged this newspaper/press bugged him or invaded his privacy.
As well as Elton John's and Elizabeth Hurleys.
I am not sure how or what they did or what part of Harry's privacy they invaded, but I don't recall any private phone conversations being broadcast to the world like Camillagate and Squidygate... I don't even know why someone would be listening into those..or how. Charles and Di did not sue the papers who published those.
? I don't read the Daily Mail as we don't have it in my country, but they seem to defend the integrity of their journos and quashed the case. Maybe it was just a matter of, Harry or Meghan invited some people into their home and they blabbed or passed on some private info to the Daily Mail. Then they published it. I don't know.
I don't think they are above sifting through the Royals trash but they could shred documents before discarding them, and things like postcards and letters, can be copied without anyone actually opening their mail. Or emails...can be easily fwded. I don't think emails are private, if they fall into the wrong hands or someone it's not meant for, not everyone's going to delete them.
Unless they make all staff sign NDAs, but they can't really make the case if they are let go and no longer working for them, that they can't talk about anything to do with them.
What do people think? It's probably not that important, but I guess they care about their reputations when so much has been written about the royals already, so I guess it's to be expected. Unless it's in a locked red box and marked confidential or a safe, someone's going to blab.
Catherine's medical records someone tried to sell - to a paper?? I don't know. If the Daily Mail operates like royal PR, which it doesn't have to, it might buy that kind of info from someone willing to sell it. As far as I know, she hasn't sued.
But that's really a lot of money to take someone to court.
Nobody's interested in invading my privacy or wanting to steal my identity, and I don't have staff working for me, so I wonder what the issue is. If I write to someone, they will get my letter, and they can then do what they like with it, I can't stop them fwding it or talking about it to others.