Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 6, 2014
I enjoy surf fishing and bowling ??????

P

phil112

No, I was not a professional or anything close to it but I did shoot competition. I always wanted to play in the McDermit Open but never was able to take the time off to do it.
I used to play some. Never got real serious about it. I'd always play local tournaments, but rarely won one. However, when the tournament was over, put your quarter up and we'll see how well you play for green. Kind of odd that I shot better when there was money on the table. :p

Man that's been a while. I cannot remember the last time I was in a bar. And I don't miss it either.

Been puny for several days. I am ready to go where I can get this treatment.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

O

oldthennew

I used to play some. Never got real serious about it. I'd always play local tournaments, but rarely won one. However, when the tournament was over, put your quarter up and we'll see how well you play for green. Kind of odd that I shot better when there was money on the table. :p

Man that's been a while. I cannot remember the last time I was in a bar. And I don't miss it either.

Been puny for several days. I am ready to go where I can get this treatment.
===============================================================

brother Phil,

as long as we are in the flesh, the 'roller-coaster' ride will never cease;
our job is to find our own particular strength/space that our Father has so graciously
given to us in order to acknowledge Him and that He has given us exactly what
we need to survive for the 'next' 'test' `that awaits us.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Speaking of speaking my mind, can I get serious???

I'm very tired of people who have little or no knowledge of English, let alone any another language who set themselves up as god on a variety of subjects, including the KJV being perfect, capitalism being the choice of Jesus, and other inane and middle class American values.

I keep thinking this is an international forum, and I keep getting told that it is American, in more than one way.

Not that I mind people being proud of their country, defending it, etc. But the values that America has are not necessarily Biblical, whether they work for you or not.

Technically, a Biblical state would be a monarchy, with a king, and some captains over the thousands and hundreds. And depending upon which era you lived in the Bible, you might have to serve time on the temple chain gang, serve in the army to either defend or push back boundaries of Israel (not other countries) and later on, in the New Testament, live under the appointed flunkies of the Roman empire, like Herod and Pilate. And certainly have taxation without representation, not sure about the right to carry a weapon. Probably not so much in the New Testament, just because that is defying the Roman armies.

Anyway, this forum is getting on my nerves, so probably time for a break.

PS. I hope you feel better soon and get the treatment you need, Phil.

P

psychomom

you okay, phil? would you mine if i pray for you? ♥
sorry, phil. i'm sure you know i meant mind.

if you'd like prayer, it will be private.
and you don't have to dig coal or anything. :)

M

Mitspa

Speaking of speaking my mind, can I get serious???

I'm very tired of people who have little or no knowledge of English, let alone any another language who set themselves up as god on a variety of subjects, including the KJV being perfect, capitalism being the choice of Jesus, and other inane and middle class American values.

I keep thinking this is an international forum, and I keep getting told that it is American, in more than one way.

Not that I mind people being proud of their country, defending it, etc. But the values that America has are not necessarily Biblical, whether they work for you or not.

Technically, a Biblical state would be a monarchy, with a king, and some captains over the thousands and hundreds. And depending upon which era you lived in the Bible, you might have to serve time on the temple chain gang, serve in the army to either defend or push back boundaries of Israel (not other countries) and later on, in the New Testament, live under the appointed flunkies of the Roman empire, like Herod and Pilate. And certainly have taxation without representation, not sure about the right to carry a weapon. Probably not so much in the New Testament, just because that is defying the Roman armies.

Anyway, this forum is getting on my nerves, so probably time for a break.

PS. I hope you feel better soon and get the treatment you need, Phil.
Oh come on...you know God wants everyone to be subject to Obama :)

T

Tintin

I'm not really a fan of sports. Part of this has to do with me being small and skinny in school (primary and most of high school), part of it has to do with me not being athletic or interested in sports, part of it has to do with P.E. teachers and their lack of heart for people who aren't passionate about such things and run after the athletic ones. But partly it also has to do with the fact that many people who bullied me in high school were heavily involved in sports and we're egotistical egg-heads. I guess all of these things have coloured my perception of sports. That said, I enjoyed playing handball a lot of the time (but that's not a sport).

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
I'm not really a fan of sports. Part of this has to do with me being small and skinny in school (primary and most of high school), part of it has to do with me not being athletic or interested in sports, part of it has to do with P.E. teachers and their lack of heart for people who aren't passionate about such things and run after the athletic ones. But partly it also has to do with the fact that many people who bullied me in high school were heavily involved in sports and we're egotistical egg-heads. I guess all of these things have coloured my perception of sports. That said, I enjoyed playing handball a lot of the time (but that's not a sport).
I have never been a sports fan myself. I ran track but hated football and basketball. I liked baseball okay but I was never any good at it. I was always pretty much a loner and enjoyed hunting or fishing alone.

M

Mitspa

I have never been a sports fan myself. I ran track but hated football and basketball. I liked baseball okay but I was never any good at it. I was always pretty much a loner and enjoyed hunting or fishing alone.
Never married there Old Hermit?

K

keepitsimple

I liked all sports ... played basketball all thru school, dabbled in hockey and baseball a bit too. But today, being older and having slowed down a tad, snooping for historical pieces buried beneath the soil is what I love. Probably more than is healthy or proper at times ... but I've had this "bug" for the last 15 years or so. Amassing a fair number of small artifacts having to do with the Revolutionary and 1812 wars. So I guess these days, my favorite sport would be history :)

P

psychomom

Never married there Old Hermit?
i have 3 blonde sisters, and when my husband teases me he tells me my blonde is showing...
that i'm the only blonde he knows who would dye her hair brown...

so, is it just me, or was that ambiguous? :)

also, is our OP tired of us plaguing him with personal questions? :eek: