Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Everyone has five minutes total to edit a board message from the time of first posting it. I said you had three minutes because when I saw your post it said you had posted it one minute ago, and I gave myself a minute to make my post... but by the time I posted it, your post said it was made three minutes ago. LOL and le sigh. Still, you do get five minutes total to edit any post.

The first minute of edits and saving changes will not show the little note that you edited it; after the first minute goes by, you have four minutes to make and save changes. Your post will say that it has been edited, and give the exact time the changes were made. Some people think that five minutes is not enough time but I disagree.

The Go Advanced option (beside Post Quick Reply) is a big help for proof reading and making format changes as you can see they may be required beyond what is readily visible if you just make a quick post. It is true minor errors and spelling mistakes may still be present but the huge errors should be looked after with careful reading before posting. I have heard thirty minutes put forward as a suggested amount of time we should be able to edit our posts. I find that quite excessive. Twenty people could have responded in half an hour and suddenly you (generally speaking) want to alter (perhaps majorly) or completely remove what you said? That just doesn't seem right to me.

Sometimes I see a post I made and find a mistake and it makes me laugh because I know I am careful, but mistakes still happen. I think what people want to change is their hot headedness and quick tongue more than anything. Editing options are not the way to go to accomplish those ends :D

This is an edited post :)

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
You were replying to her post, without quoting it... and all posts show up in chronological order regardless. Still, you have at least three minutes to edit your post, so you could go back to quote the original so everyone knows what you are responding to... if you like :)
Thanks for your help!!!

L

LittleBit1987

Company came over today at 4pm... And just left my house. 5 hours with a cute couple, but the newlyweds are driving me crazy lol. Lord help me get through tomorrow as I may have to deal with the husband and his shenanigans... :rolleyes:

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Why is it that some people just can't catch a break? I'm not talking about myself but I know a few people who bad things seem to happen to them a lot. I'm not talking about poor choices. I haven't always had an easy life. I don't know many people who have. But is it normal for me to be happy when there are so many people in this world who struggle? I feel guilty sometimes being happy. That probably sounds odd but it's true. I even know people that I try not to be happy or to happy around because they struggle so much.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, saying , oh poor them. I guess a lot of what I'm feeling has to do with one of my older brothers. He is mentally ill, functioning like working but he's usually depressed and has sought help and has a very supportive family. He lives far from me now, so I don't see him much. When we lived in the same city, if I didn't hear from him for a few day's I'd go see if he was ok, make an excuse, I wanted to make sure he was okay. I cry about him quite a bit. A lot of guilt, why does he struggle with this and don't? We have the same gene's, why was he chosen to carry that burden? I just wish he could be happy.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
The Yuck post was about the booger statement Blue made, now, it is not only not under the post, I can't even find the post, why does this happen? You think you are posting in a certain place but it ends up somewhere else?
To help you out a bit look at the bottom of the quote you want to reply to and hit the Reply With Quote and it will post where you want to.... Welcome to the Speak Your Mind Thread....We serve cookies here... Enjoy...

Jul 26, 2016
I hear ya. Really. That is why when certain people in the BDF talk as if once we are saved we are all good to go and everything is peachy keen as if we are already living in our glorified immortal and incorruptible bodies I kind of just wonder to myself if I am living on a different plane of reality, maybe in some alternate universe, than they are? But I am finding I surrender more and more and that alone keeps me out of trouble, not trying to have certain things or be a certain way or control other people... there is One Who has all power and it sure ain't me :D
Hi. Since this post got at leasdt 4likes, I guess it's safe to assume that the part I highlighted in red is a fairly common problem, but I have to be honest, I haven't come across these people (yet) but I would like to know who does this.

I'm not saying this isn't your experience or those that 'liked' the post, just that I haven't come across anyone saying that once we're saved it's like everything's fine or it's like we're in our glorified bodies, but I'd like to challenge these people, as that's an obvious denial of scripture and reality.

Of course, I wouldn't ask you for names, and I don't think you'd be the type to give them anyway, so I guess I'll have to keep my eyes opened for those posts, but any help in that direction would be ... helpful. :p

One reason I ask is because there were other battles where 2 or 3 of the same people kept accusing others of saying that being saved by grace means you can or should go live like the devil, and it got maddening how many people had to keep coming on and saying 'No one is saying that, please stop that accusation', but the same couple of people just kept right on making the false accusation, even though it was obviously a lie. You couldn't find people saying let's go live like the devil, except MAYBE as sarcasm or in a joking way, but that would have been obvious.

So please know, I'm not saying that you are making an unfounded statement, I believe your posts are always pretty fair and accurate. In fact, it could be common that people say that being saved means it's like all is glory now already, and I need to be a little more discerning when I read the threads.

Be sure, if I come across them, I'll be reminding them of one of my favorite verses, though I don't really have 'favorites', it's all His word, but John 16:33 would be a good place for them to read.
Thanks, magenta, for the heads up.

HS

Jul 3, 2016
I just found these super cute photos of my puppy when we got him 8 mths ago. Didn't even know I had them. Thought I would share them :)
SDC13200.jpg
SDC13202.jpg

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Awww, your puppy is very cute! Your's and Laura Charlotte's cats
did look so very similar :) I have never had a tuxedo cat.

Good night God bless and sweet dreams too all :D

Dec 16, 2012
Wow! They are almost identical lol. So similar that it is creepy to look at that photo

I know, that's why I thought I'd post him. In stark contrast to a black and white short haired domestic, is our other gorgeous girl Jordi:

5911063051_d13d46402e_o.jpg

5911063559_71c146a30f_o.jpg

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Why is it that some people just can't catch a break? I'm not talking about myself but I know a few people who bad things seem to happen to them a lot. I'm not talking about poor choices. I haven't always had an easy life. I don't know many people who have. But is it normal for me to be happy when there are so many people in this world who struggle? I feel guilty sometimes being happy. That probably sounds odd but it's true. I even know people that I try not to be happy or to happy around because they struggle so much.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, saying , oh poor them. I guess a lot of what I'm feeling has to do with one of my older brothers. He is mentally ill, functioning like working but he's usually depressed and has sought help and has a very supportive family. He lives far from me now, so I don't see him much. When we lived in the same city, if I didn't hear from him for a few day's I'd go see if he was ok, make an excuse, I wanted to make sure he was okay. I cry about him quite a bit. A lot of guilt, why does he struggle with this and don't? We have the same gene's, why was he chosen to carry that burden? I just wish he could be happy.
Never feel guilty about having "joy in the Lord."