Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wwjd_kilden

I just reported this whole thread to the mods as offensive. I asked them to read through it to see what I mean.

Hahahahahahahaha. J/K. Has anyone read this whole thing?

Muhahha, please do :D

Well, I think I've read most of it, though if I happen to be away for a few days I only backtrack one page to find out what we are talking about

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Good morning all :)

The snow has started
:eek:

It's snowing where I am at too which is odd because Oklahoma or at least in okc rarely ever gets snow even in winter

W

wwjd_kilden

Our snow is slowly turning into rain. Bleh

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Laura Charlotte, that looks like our mountain tops :)

^^ Cypress Mountain :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
When you look north from Vancouver, across English Bay or
False Creek, both offshoots of the Pacific Ocean, Cypress Mountain
is the westernmost on the mainland, behind West Vancouver. North
and West Vancouver are across English Bay from Vancouver proper...
rich people live in West Vancouver, homes over there are even more
costly than here, mansions, but they get more snow than we do of course.
All that rarified atmosphere and all :D Stanley Park is on the right, with the
Lion's Gate Bridge connecting the lower mainland to the north shore. :)
The Lions Gate Bridge is also called First Narrows. There is a Second
Narrows Bridge, also called the Ironworkers' Memorial Bridge, for a
tragedy during construction in 1958 took the lives of 19 men.

Here are some pix looking toward Vancouver across West
Vancouver from a lookout on Cypress Mountain. They are all
basically the same view, the first during the day, the second
being a night shot, and the third is a foggy morning sunrise:

VanFromCypressMountain.jpg

VanFromCypressMountainAtNight.jpg

VanFromCypressMountainFoggySunrise.jpg

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I just reported this whole thread to the mods as offensive. I asked them to read through it to see what I mean.

Hahahahahahahaha. J/K. Has anyone read this whole thing?
Yes, been here from the beginning of it....lol

kodiak

Mar 8, 2015
When you look north from Vancouver, across English Bay or
False Creek, both offshoots of the Pacific Ocean, Cypress Mountain
is the westernmost on the mainland, behind West Vancouver. North
and West Vancouver are across English Bay from Vancouver proper...
rich people live in West Vancouver, homes over there are even more
costly than here, mansions, but they get more snow than we do of course.
All that rarified atmosphere and all :D Stanley Park is on the right, with the
Lion's Gate Bridge connecting the lower mainland to the north shore. :)
The Lions Gate Bridge is also called First Narrows. There is a Second
Narrows Bridge, also called the Ironworkers' Memorial Bridge, for a
tragedy during construction in 1958 took the lives of 19 men.

Here are some pix looking toward Vancouver across West
Vancouver from a lookout on Cypress Mountain. They are all
basically the same view, the first during the day, the second
being a night shot, and the third is a foggy morning sunrise:

View attachment 164305

View attachment 164306

View attachment 164307
Wow, that second picture is amazing. The fog in that last picture is also crazy. Is the fog typically that bad?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Wow, that second picture is amazing. The fog in that last picture is also crazy. Is the fog typically that bad?
Not typically, but occasionally, and if I can hear the fog horn then I know it is bad. Sometimes I look out my windows and I can barely see the trees that front the beach a few blocks away; the ocean is hidden from view, and there may be the faintest hint of the west end buildings across False Creek. The mountains at such times have completely vanished! It gets like that when it snows, and some mornings it can be foggy and then burn off quickly when the sun fully rises :) These days when the sun sets, perhaps because it is so low in the southern sky most of the day, by the time the sunlight starts retreating from the ground and ascending to the mountain peaks before disappearing completely, it lights up the snow in pearly shades of pink. It is very beautiful :)

Here is Cypress Mountain from the beach, regular snow day... the snow
coming right down to the water line means it just snowed everywhere
:)

Here is a closer up looking the same direction but including a bit more of the west end buildings across False Creek, looking to Cypress Mountain during sunset in the snowy winter:

pinksnow.jpg

It is called False Creek because it ends haha. Here is where False Creek ends, about 20 city blocks east. You can see Science World in the lower left foreground, looking like a gold ball, and more centrally located across the water is the downtown core showing two of the stadiums. The larger of the two is Canada Place. It holds over 60 thousand people...

FalseCreekEndsHere.jpg

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Heh, I meant to say that Science World looks like a giant golf ball. I used to take my daughter to Science World quite a bit when she was young. She liked going there, and it was certainly interesting :D It is actually a leftover from when Vancouver hosted a world exposition in 1986. That was the year my daughter was born! :D Here is another pic of Science World which is now owned by Telus. You can see Canada Place Stadium across the water to the left this time :)

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Not typically, but occasionally, and if I can hear the fog horn then I know it is bad. Sometimes I look out my windows and I can barely see the trees that front the beach a few blocks away; the ocean is hidden from view, and there may be the faintest hint of the west end buildings across False Creek. The mountains at such times have completely vanished! It gets like that when it snows, and some mornings it can be foggy and then burn off quickly when the sun fully rises :) These days when the sun sets, perhaps because it is so low in the southern sky most of the day, by the time the sunlight starts retreating from the ground and ascending to the mountain peaks before disappearing completely, it lights up the snow in pearly shades of pink. It is very beautiful :)

Here is Cypress Mountain from the beach, regular snow day... the snow
coming right down to the water line means it just snowed everywhere
:)

Here is a closer up looking the same direction but including a bit more of the west end buildings across False Creek, looking to Cypress Mountain during sunset in the snowy winter:

View attachment 164323

It is called False Creek because it ends haha. Here is where False Creek ends, about 20 city blocks east. You can see Science World in the lower left foreground, looking like a gold ball, and more centrally located across the water is the downtown core showing two of the stadiums. The larger of the two is Canada Place. It holds over 60 thousand people...

View attachment 164324
Love that sunset

R

renewed_hope

So I posted something about a job interview I had last week, well I heard back and I didn't get it so the job search continues