Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 28, 2016
From a child I was brought to church. Then as a thinking rational adult I arrived at the conclusion , all I want is the truth.
It has always been concerning that a Roman Emperor is the source of a Christian creed. Given Rome thought to rule the whole world and like all psychopaths slaughtered men, women, and children in order to accomplish this goal.
That's why when I happened on this I thought it may be worthy of actual discussion by people who are mature in the faith and seek the truth of understanding also.

=========================================================
and say on brother', there are numerous ones here who would very much love to here your 'questions' or 'opinions', and give
their heart-felt responses in order to help you learn and grow in Christ Jesus, our Lord and Saviour,,, - ???

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
and say on brother', there are numerous ones here who would very much love to here your 'questions' or 'opinions', and give
their heart-felt responses in order to help you learn and grow in Christ Jesus, our Lord and Saviour,,, - ???
Did you watch the video? I don't click on videos/links when I don't know the "source." From just looking at the screen shot, it looks like a "hate the Apostle Paul" video............and, well, I ain't interested in that......

Why I'm asking............did you watch it?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Hope all have a blessed Sunday............it you gather today with your Church family to worship and praise God.......I pray you all are blessed by His Holy Spirit........

Godspeed.png

Feb 28, 2016
Did you watch the video? I don't click on videos/links when I don't know the "source." From just looking at the screen shot, it looks like a "hate the Apostle Paul" video............and, well, I ain't interested in that......

Why I'm asking............did you watch it?[/QUOTE
==================================================
no pr, I didn't watch, i',m kinda like you, not into vids unless a friend asks
me to watch, and that doesn't necessarily mean that I will watch the whole thing...

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
With respect, if you didn't watch the video then your post is moot.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
From a child I was brought to church. Then as a thinking rational adult I arrived at the conclusion , all I want is the truth.
It has always been concerning that a Roman Emperor is the source of a Christian creed. Given Rome thought to rule the whole world and like all psychopaths slaughtered men, women, and children in order to accomplish this goal.
That's why when I happened on this I thought it may be worthy of actual discussion by people who are mature in the faith and seek the truth of understanding also.

I too have always wondered about this myself... I don't know how to answer this, but would be interested to know what more advanced Bible scholars have to say on this matter.
We don't have any such thing to avail ourselves of on this or most any Christian discussion forum.
But we do unfortunately have examples of that which would not appreciate it if such persons did exist. What fear there is to learn from something that tells us we don't know what we think we do. No matter what that is, the actual truth, its fact will always be met with scorn by that which would rather live the lie. Notice that?
It's common place in politics, social norms, etc... And then we tend to accuse others who don't think as we do of being deluded.
:giggle: It's why some of those type people know they need a savior. Only even God knew we needed that and why? It is written. To save us from ourselves.

Those interested in the video will watch. Those not interested will spend more time denouncing what they know nothing about than the time it would have taken to watch the video and then have an informed opinion after.

Who is Rabbi Tovia Singer?

Tovia Singer is a well-known American Rabbi, and one of the more striking public intellectuals and popular educators that emerged in the Jewish world during the past half-century. Although he grew up in the insular Jewish world of Boro Park, Brooklyn―the largest Jewish community outside of Israel― and was trained in traditional rabbinical schools, his life radically changed, as he puts it, when he encountered Christian missionaries targeting Jews for conversion on the streets of New York. He was a teenager at the time, and there was nothing in his traditional Jewish upbringing and extensive education that could have prepared him for that unwelcomed encounter. In Volume 1 of his seminal work, “Let’s Get Biblical”, he briefly shares a little about that “eye-opening, unexpected experience that I will not forget.”

Although Rabbi Singer is a well-known scholar, broadcaster, and author, he is best known for helping Jews in the Church return back to the Jewish faith. So many Jews in the church returned to the Jewish faith as a direct result of Rabbi Singer’s work.

I watched Rabbi Singer dazzle audiences in his public speaking appearances and debates. He has what can only be described as an encyclopedic knowledge of Jewish and Christian sources. I can’t think of anyone that I have ever encountered who has such a deep understanding of the Jewish and Christian Bible and history. His witty sense of humor is disarming.

To my surprise, Rabbi Singer possesses a broad knowledge of Islamic literature and history as well. As it turns out, his scholarly insights are widely quoted on numerous Islamic sites. From the many Muslims who call into his show, it is clear that the Muslim community holds him in high esteem. They frequently seek his incites, so that they can defend their own faith from aggressive Christian missionaries. Rabbi Singer appears to be well received in Jakarta, Indonesia where he serves as Rabbi.

Finally, although Rabbi Singer devoted his life to defending the Jewish faith from missionaries who target Jews for conversion, it is clear that the majority of people he affects are non-Jewish Christians. I know so many evangelicals whose lives were dramatically transformed after they attended Rabbi Singer’s lectures, read his books, and watched hundreds of his inspiring YouTube videos online. In fact, I am one of those former Bible-thumping Christians who turned her life around largely as a result of Rabbi Singer’s teachings. I converted to Judaism two weeks ago. I am grateful to be home.

Rabbi Tovia Singer’s primary website is Outreach Judaism . Rabbi Singer is widely known for his seminal two-volume book set “Let’s Get Biblical.”

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
We don't have any such thing to avail ourselves of on this or most any Christian discussion forum.
But we do unfortunately have examples of that which would not appreciate it if such persons did exist. What fear there is to learn from something that tells us we don't know what we think we do. No matter what that is, the actual truth, its fact will always be met with scorn by that which would rather live the lie. Notice that?
It's common place in politics, social norms, etc... And then we tend to accuse others who don't think as we do of being deluded.
:giggle: It's why some of those type people know they need a savior. Only even God knew we needed that and why? It is written. To save us from ourselves.

Those interested in the video will watch. Those not interested will spend more time denouncing what they know nothing about than the time it would have taken to watch the video and then have an informed opinion after.

Who is Rabbi Tovia Singer?

Tovia Singer is a well-known American Rabbi, and one of the more striking public intellectuals and popular educators that emerged in the Jewish world during the past half-century. Although he grew up in the insular Jewish world of Boro Park, Brooklyn―the largest Jewish community outside of Israel― and was trained in traditional rabbinical schools, his life radically changed, as he puts it, when he encountered Christian missionaries targeting Jews for conversion on the streets of New York. He was a teenager at the time, and there was nothing in his traditional Jewish upbringing and extensive education that could have prepared him for that unwelcomed encounter. In Volume 1 of his seminal work, “Let’s Get Biblical”, he briefly shares a little about that “eye-opening, unexpected experience that I will not forget.”

Although Rabbi Singer is a well-known scholar, broadcaster, and author, he is best known for helping Jews in the Church return back to the Jewish faith. So many Jews in the church returned to the Jewish faith as a direct result of Rabbi Singer’s work.

I watched Rabbi Singer dazzle audiences in his public speaking appearances and debates. He has what can only be described as an encyclopedic knowledge of Jewish and Christian sources. I can’t think of anyone that I have ever encountered who has such a deep understanding of the Jewish and Christian Bible and history. His witty sense of humor is disarming.

To my surprise, Rabbi Singer possesses a broad knowledge of Islamic literature and history as well. As it turns out, his scholarly insights are widely quoted on numerous Islamic sites. From the many Muslims who call into his show, it is clear that the Muslim community holds him in high esteem. They frequently seek his incites, so that they can defend their own faith from aggressive Christian missionaries. Rabbi Singer appears to be well received in Jakarta, Indonesia where he serves as Rabbi.

Finally, although Rabbi Singer devoted his life to defending the Jewish faith from missionaries who target Jews for conversion, it is clear that the majority of people he affects are non-Jewish Christians. I know so many evangelicals whose lives were dramatically transformed after they attended Rabbi Singer’s lectures, read his books, and watched hundreds of his inspiring YouTube videos online. In fact, I am one of those former Bible-thumping Christians who turned her life around largely as a result of Rabbi Singer’s teachings. I converted to Judaism two weeks ago. I am grateful to be home.

Rabbi Tovia Singer’s primary website is Outreach Judaism . Rabbi Singer is widely known for his seminal two-volume book set “Let’s Get Biblical.”
Not sure, but posting Articles/Videos that promote campaigning for Christians TO LEAVE the church is against the rules........ya might wanna check with Admin ASAP on this Thread....... No difference in this and someone coming on here to promote ANY religion designed to make Christianity a false Faith........

Surprised this Thread is still here........

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Not sure, but posting Articles/Videos that promote campaigning for Christians TO LEAVE the church is against the rules........ya might wanna check with Admin ASAP on this Thread....... No difference in this and someone coming on here to promote ANY religion designed to make Christianity a false Faith........

Surprised this Thread is still here........
Well now that my post is falsely represented, I'm sure certain here will be tickled to their toes to hit the report button.
The only place "leave the church" appears is in your false reporting of the article I posted. Leave the church is not stated nor implied in the article.

This thread is 3635 pages in length. You should have been surprised far earlier than opting to misrepresent one members post so as to think to have the whole thread shut down.
Speak your mind. That's the invite. For over 3 thousand pages that's been allowed. If it is closed due to false witness that would be wrong.