Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Without giving me the anti-Hollywood rant, did anyone watch Alita? I've heard mostly positive but some negatives, by those scared of a strong female lead. Saw it boomed at the box office which is nice to hear
No, but i'm interested in seeing it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
People are homeless not because there arent enough homes...there are...just some people dispossess others land. If one has land then you have a home.

When someone cuts down a forest are the birds mentally ill cos they have nowhere to go? Oh just grow a another forest. Say the forest destroyers.

Also you can open your home and share it this is what our Father does in my Fathers house there are many mansions, He has never said you have to earn the right to be there. We get there by being adopted through Jesus. Its his grace. It is never works salvation. He doesnt treat us like bastards.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
We went to the Car Show yesterday. Good grief! The only cars my wife really liked were $100K +

CE42BEA3-7C5B-4850-864C-267E3F48373F.jpeg

CBBDCADF-919D-4E14-B37C-6DF179030351.jpeg

1060723D-1093-43E5-A02E-6A2C0DA12184.jpeg

Mar 3, 2019
Luke 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other, Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

What Jesus says is, working for money and serving God is not possible. Yes I am saying if you work for a paycheck and you say you serve God, you are disobeying what Jesus says. Jesus says...in Luke 12:22-34

Do Not Worry or Be Fearful
And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what he shall eat; neither for the body, what he shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take thought for the rest?

To explain Luke 12:22-26
The ravens don’t have jobs or houses, yet God provides everything they need, aren’t you worth much more than these creatures? And who can add more years to themselves? Or there life? Why worry about such things when you can’t even do anything about the least of all these? (Food, shelter, clothes).

Luke 12:27-31 (Continued)
Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek first the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

I believe Jesus makes it very clear on what we need to do as Christians, stop serving money (stop working for money, quit your job) stop worrying where your going to get your next meal, or where you are going to sleep, Jesus says the world worry’s about such things, you are not supposed to be a part of this world. Stop relying on money, using money is ok, but working for it is not. Stop putting your faith in a worldly system and preach the Gospel full time, listen to Jesus.

The second to last verse Luke 12:33
Sell what you have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Do you see what Jesus is saying? Every single Christian did what Jesus commands. There was no special person who didn’t sell all and leave everything, preaching the gospel 24/7. Your job is to preach his word, and he gives you the essentials you need. 1 Timothy 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

Assumption #1- Jesus was never a carpenter the only verse you can see is his father being a carpenter in Mark 6:3. Jesus started preaching when he was 12 Year’s old according to scripture, in Luke 42-49. He never served (worked for) money, he did use money though, his treasurer was Judas (the one who betrayed him).

Definition of Forsaketh according to Jesus is found in all the gospels, but I am going to use Mark 10:17-21 for this claim.

And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

The definition is clear consistently through all 4 of the gospels. The Word of God has spoken and commands this as a requirement to inherit eternal life with him. Jesus Christ has the ultimate authority in the Bible, the Old Testament does not teach us how to live as Christ did, that is why the New Testament (Jesus Christ’s teachings more importantly) applies to us, hence forth New Testament. Notice Jesus told him he LACKED one thing, now you can say this only applies to the rich man, but that is a lie. It applies to everyone that truly loves Jesus. In the rest of the scripture, right around Luke 14:33 Jesus addressed the entire multitude of people, rich and poor, women, children all kinds of people. Here it is.

-The Cost of Discipleship- Luke 14:25-27
And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them, If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Reflecting of Luke 14:33-Acts 2:45-47 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man hath need. And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Reflecting of Luke 14:33 again, Matthew 13:44-46

-The Treasure and the Goodly Pearl-
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

These are the commands of Jesus in a parable, the man sold everything to inherit eternal life. Now I have heard the arguments against what Jesus commands, the biggest one is people want to point to Paul and say he has a higher authority than God in the flesh and they say, “Paul worked as a tent maker!” So sense he worked for money it’s ok. Really? I would recommend that you only follow Jesus and what he says. But let’s take a look at this argument.

Acts 18:3-5
And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by there occupation they were tentmakers. And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks. And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ. And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

Paul worked at making tents with a couple other Jews while preaching the gospel, but reading it in the entire context, two other disciples came along and he was pricked in his spirit and decided to leave to preach the Gospel full time once again. Now this passage does not say he labored (worked, served) for money, all it says was he was creating tents, even if he did work for money, he soon told his fellow tent makers that Jesus was Christ and they rejected him, so he left to a brothers house to tell him the good news instead and was received there.

Another passage of scripture people use as a excuse to not obey Jesus is....

1 Timothy 5:8
But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

This is taking scripture out of context, the title of this section of verses is called...

-Provisions for Widows-
Verses 5:1-10 the last verse says “Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she has longed strangers, if she have washed the saints’ feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.

Let’s compare Jesus teachings with 1 Timothy 5:10, then we can understand what 5:8 means.
“Brought up children”...- Matthew 18:5 “And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.”’ “If she hath lodged strangers”...Luke 14:13 “But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind. (The first Christians utilized money to rent a place or stayed at someone else’s place if invited in. Matthew 10:14). “If she have washed the saints’ feet”-Matthew 22:32 “But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren” (I believe this applies to every follower of Jesus, that we should strengthen each other). “If she have relieved the afflicted,”...Mark 16:17 “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues.”

This explains that Timothy was simply obeying Jesus Christ’s commands, including the widows. Now 1 Timothy 5:8 is saying work as in working to build Jesus Christ’s kingdom, working serving Jesus and obeying his commands. Not serving money. When you deny the faith, what it is really saying is your denying that God will provide all your needs when preaching the word full time without having money or anything else for that matter. If you don’t have faith in what Jesus says, how in the world do you believe he’s going to resurrect you from the dead? There is no room for Luke warm Christians. You either listen to Jesus or you will be grinded to powder. Jesus says they would reject the corner stone of his teachings. This is essentiall and required by every follower of Christ.

Mark 11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Lol 15 year old girl troll.
I think the funniest thing I've seen on BDF is people insisting the funny stories that make others laugh in the Bible arent funny.

Either that or the calvinist arminist debate. Oh please just get over it! We all follow Jesus yes?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Quite the STORM rolling across the US tonight........ Oncefallen, and all you guys in the Midwest and Central States hunker down and stay safe!

Dec 12, 2013
Aw we dont have anything like that in nz. BBQ for us is, usually sausages on a grill not big huge slabs of meat. We do have hangi but only special occasions. Sometimes chicken wings or kebabs.

I have this book called the Barbecue Bible. Its not actually a bible bible, it doesnt have scripture, its about this one guy who goes all around the world sampling different countries bbqs and got recipes etc.

Mouthwatering. My church friend says shes wanting to have a bbq, was going to have it today but our weather is so unpredictable cos of having four seasons in one day, that she cancelled it. I would have just said have it anyway whats a little shower, they never last long in auckland. Im sure people still bbq in the rain.
Hi from Sydney side mate...just west of Sydney about an hour out of Penrith....peace ;)

Mar 3, 2019
Ha true everytime I tried to work for money God had me quit that job. Hes got way more important things for me to do.

Although one pastor tried to tell me I ought to have a job cos remember what I was like without one, but it was because of parents pressure. People can make your life miserable if you arent paying tax and the banks just love it when you say you'd like to raise a mortgage. Despite already having a home. I dont see why people need TWO or more houses. When many people are homeless!

I know people whove nearly killed themselves cos they have to work for mammon. They signed a deal with the devil giving them their life of slavery so they can have a roof over their head, when they could have just stayed home in the first place. People that own more than two homes I reckon ought to realise they just being greedy. What does the Bible say about coveting thy neighbours HOUSE?

Luke 14:33, Luke 9:58, Mark 16:15, Luke 20:17-18.

Sell your house, sell your car, don’t have a job, let your job be serving Jesus Christ full time preaching the gospel. Obey his commands, don’t reject the Courner Stone of his teachings.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
On Tuesday I saw Captain Marvel, I thought it was a pretty good enjoyable movie, what ever hate it's getting is ridiculous. I heard of it having some "controversy" yet I didn't notice any of it, just a fun action movie. Wasn't a fan of Brie Larson's performance but maybe on second viewing I'll appreciate it more. So yeah Marvel does it again, another good movie. Just watch it for yourself before you for an opinion.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Good morning. May God bless and keep you and yours this day.

Psalms 16:11) Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Praying for those across the middle of the Country caught in the horrible floods............I KNOW what you are going through............goodness........we have been dealing with flooding since December...... Thank the Lord we have had a dry week, and it looks like we may get another few days of dry weather. Our rivers are STILL in flood stage!!!

Be safe, LEAVE when you are told to by the Authorities! Do not risk your life!!!!!

God bless and keep you