Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Timothy5378

Feb 3, 2020
Lol...well if you unplug it we can go down together...lol...i think then you get what I'm saying well

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
You still partying Dan? :)

Went to Cracker Barrel for lunch today. Folks were talking Super Bowl of course, and, just FYI, everyone that watched the game agreed with me! All of them thought your Running Back Williams.....26..... should have been the MVP.

But they let the Fans vote for MVP, and fans always go by popularity rather than on filed performance. Mahomes is the best known player on the Chiefs, reigning League MVP, so it's no surprise they would vote for him.

Anyway, just thought it was worth noting that folks here in Bama that didn't have a dog in that fight all agreed......

corn222.png

Timothy5378

Feb 3, 2020
I rest my case...TV is it...the Bible as it is...is not what people want

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
You still partying Dan? :)

Went to Cracker Barrel for lunch today. Folks were talking Super Bowl of course, and, just FYI, everyone that watched the game agreed with me! All of them thought your Running Back Williams.....26..... should have been the MVP.

But they let the Fans vote for MVP, and fans always go by popularity rather than on filed performance. Mahomes is the best known player on the Chiefs, reigning League MVP, so it's no surprise they would vote for him.

Anyway, just thought it was worth noting that folks here in Bama that didn't have a dog in that fight all agreed......

View attachment 210976
The party is over, but the celebration continues! :D My wife and I were so pumped up after the Super Bowl win by the Chiefs that neither one of us got much sleep. Made for a rough Monday! Williams would have made a good MVP. I was getting frustrated during the game because Mahomes wasn't getting much protection from the offensive line. In the end though they worked their magic and pulled it out! (y)

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
While certain people refused to stand during the National Anthem at the Super Bowl. (n)

One guy fell asleep during the Super Bowl. :LOL:

G

Godsgirl83

So Dan, I don't follow sports to much, (and am not going back to far in threads to play catch up) but I take it from the sounds of it that your team won the BIGGY?

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Good morning everyone. :) :coffee: My wife went to the Chiefs Super Bowl championship parade, got some good pictures and had a really good time! :D Of course, I had to work.

There were two knuckle heads who decided to crash through the barricade at the parade route, but thankfully, nobody was hurt.

E

EleventhHour

Good morning everyone. :) :coffee: My wife went to the Chiefs Super Bowl championship parade, got some good pictures and had a really good time! :D Of course, I had to work.

There were two knuckle heads who decided to crash through the barricade at the parade route, but thankfully, nobody was hurt.

She must have had a blast!:)

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
She must have had a blast!:)
She rode with her sister to the parade. Her sister works at a building on the parade route, so they got free parking, were able to remain in the building instead of outside in the cold all day and when the parade started, she went outside and got pictures, then went back inside. (y)

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_7989.jpeg
FullSizeRender.JPEG
IMG_5103.jpg

E

EleventhHour

She rode with her sister to the parade. Her sister works at a building on the parade route, so they got free parking, were able to remain in the building instead of outside in the cold all day and when the parade started, she went outside and got pictures, then went back inside. (y)

View attachment 211059

View attachment 211060
View attachment 211061
View attachment 211062
Simplely wonderful...did the same for the Raptors parade such a great experience and memory!

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Simplely wonderful...did the same for the Raptors parade such a great experience and memory!
I just love how the Chiefs fans at Super Bowl 54 (when the Chiefs made their way onto the field) really made their presence known when they loudly did the tomahawk chop! (y) (last 12 seconds of this video)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
you guys ever heard of anyone talking about the two Bethlehem? I saw a show on TV today that was giving the arguments for which Bethlehem was the actual birthplace of Jesus. There is the Bethlehem we were all told was the place, the one in the region of Judea, and then there is the Bethlehem of Galilee. The region of Galilee is also where Nazareth is, which is interesting.

Anyway, while we have been told for years that the 1st Bethlehem was the birthplace, the folks made a fairly good argument that the actual birthplace was the Bethlehem of Galilee. The strongest argument comes direct from Scripture:

John, Chapter 7, vs 40Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
42Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?

There was also something about a Roman Emperor building a wall around the City of Bethlehem where Christ was born. The Bethleham we know doesn't have any evidence of a wall being built around it, but Lidar Scans show portions of a stone wall built around the Bethlehem of Galilee, and some portions of the wall are visible above ground today.

Anyway, just found it interesting, and had not heard of this before today.

F

FollowingtheLamb

you guys ever heard of anyone talking about the two Bethlehem? I saw a show on TV today that was giving the arguments for which Bethlehem was the actual birthplace of Jesus. There is the Bethlehem we were all told was the place, the one in the region of Judea, and then there is the Bethlehem of Galilee. The region of Galilee is also where Nazareth is, which is interesting.

Anyway, while we have been told for years that the 1st Bethlehem was the birthplace, the folks made a fairly good argument that the actual birthplace was the Bethlehem of Galilee. The strongest argument comes direct from Scripture:

John, Chapter 7, vs 40Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
42Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?

There was also something about a Roman Emperor building a wall around the City of Bethlehem where Christ was born. The Bethleham we know doesn't have any evidence of a wall being built around it, but Lidar Scans show portions of a stone wall built around the Bethlehem of Galilee, and some portions of the wall are visible above ground today.

Anyway, just found it interesting, and had not heard of this before today.
Bethlehem Ephrathah was where Jesus was born according to the prophecy in Micah chapter 5. It was situated in the West Bank near Jerusalem and was an early home of David. It's more ancient than the Bethlehem to the north in Galilee.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I know. This is what I said in the OP. This is what we have been taught for.......well, for a couple of thousand years. :)

Still, there is the Scripture in John to reconcile with what we have been taught......