Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 10, 2019
you guys ever heard of anyone talking about the two Bethlehem? I saw a show on TV today that was giving the arguments for which Bethlehem was the actual birthplace of Jesus. There is the Bethlehem we were all told was the place, the one in the region of Judea, and then there is the Bethlehem of Galilee. The region of Galilee is also where Nazareth is, which is interesting.

Anyway, while we have been told for years that the 1st Bethlehem was the birthplace, the folks made a fairly good argument that the actual birthplace was the Bethlehem of Galilee. The strongest argument comes direct from Scripture:

John, Chapter 7, vs 40Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
42Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?

There was also something about a Roman Emperor building a wall around the City of Bethlehem where Christ was born. The Bethleham we know doesn't have any evidence of a wall being built around it, but Lidar Scans show portions of a stone wall built around the Bethlehem of Galilee, and some portions of the wall are visible above ground today.

Anyway, just found it interesting, and had not heard of this before today.
That’s interesting I’ve looked into that, seems it comes from one guy in Israel, some issues with that idea he bases a few things like to far for a nine month pregnant woman on a donkey who said it was a donkey could of been a cart and donkey and traveling far wasn’t out of the norm for people in those times Jesus himself travelled all over the place even out of Judea to Syria. And he said how did Joseph and Mary meet living far apart I quite don’t get that Joseph and Mary where in Nazareth and God’s will can make that happen easily.

Part of Oshri’s argument lies around Mother Mary herself.

“How would a woman nine months pregnant travel 175 kilometres on a donkey all the way to Bethlehem of Judea? It makes much more sense that she would travel 14 kilometres,” Oshri states.

https://www.inquisitr.com/1709847/i...esus-christ-was-born-in-bethlehem-of-galilee/

F

FollowingtheLamb

I know. This is what I said in the OP. This is what we have been taught for.......well, for a couple of thousand years. :)

Still, there is the Scripture in John to reconcile with what we have been taught......
What is "the OP" if you please?

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
That’s interesting I’ve looked into that, seems it comes from one guy in Israel, some issues with that idea he bases a few things like to far for a nine month pregnant woman on a donkey who said it was a donkey could of been a cart and donkey and traveling far wasn’t out of the norm for people in those times Jesus himself travelled all over the place even out of Judea to Syria. And he said how did Joseph and Mary meet living far apart I quite don’t get that Joseph and Mary where in Nazareth and God’s will can make that happen easily.

Part of Oshri’s argument lies around Mother Mary herself.

“How would a woman nine months pregnant travel 175 kilometres on a donkey all the way to Bethlehem of Judea? It makes much more sense that she would travel 14 kilometres,” Oshri states.

https://www.inquisitr.com/1709847/i...esus-christ-was-born-in-bethlehem-of-galilee/
Yes. I agree that God can make all things possible. It is still interesting to consider the Passage in John though.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
More evidenced that Christ was born in the Bethlehem of the Region of Juda:

HEBREWS:

12 .) For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
13 .) For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
14 .) For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
15 .) And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
16 .) Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
17 .) For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
To reconcile the passage in the 7th Chapter of John that speaks of Christ "come from Galilee", ALL the Commentaries I have read agree that the reason this statement was made was because those speaking were not aware of the fact that Christ was born in Bethlehem in the Region of Juda. They knew He lived in Nazareth, and grew up and was educated in the Region of Galilee, and mistakenly assumed He had been born there as well. So, verse 41 in Chapter 7 is not a statement of Biblical fact, but a report of what those who doubted Christ being the promised Messiah said to try and discredit Him.

(one example from the Commentaries)

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
Others said, this is the Christ,.... The true Messiah, which they concluded, not only from the miracles, John 7:31, but from his speaking of rivers of living water flowing from him that believes in him; for the same prophecy that speaks of miracles to be performed in the times of the Messiah, speaks also of waters breaking out in the wilderness, and streams in the desert, of the parched ground becoming a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water, Isaiah 35:5.
But some said, shall Christ come out of Galilee? as they supposed Jesus did; and because he was educated at Nazareth, and Capernaum was his city, and he chiefly conversed, preached, and wrought his miracles in these parts, they concluded that he was born there; and therefore object this to his being the true Messiah. For if they did not mean this, according to their own accounts, the Messiah was to be in Galilee, and to be first revealed there; for they affirm (i) this in so many words, that , "the King Messiah shall be revealed in the land of Galilee"; accordingly Jesus, the true Messiah, as he was brought up in Galilee, though not born there, so he first preached there, and there wrought his first miracle; here he chiefly was, unless at the public feasts; and here he manifested himself to his disciples after his resurrection.

Another mystery from Scripture put to rest, and revealing that Scripture truly does justify itself. :)

Jul 20, 2019

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Wut?

Is Satans Children an actual band?

I wouldn't go to one of their concerts, listen to their music, or even visit a website of theirs...........

Jul 20, 2019
Wut?

Is Satans Children an actual band?

I wouldn't go to one of their concerts, listen to their music, or even visit a website of theirs...........
sadly they surely are, and I wont listen to any of there so called heavy metal rubbish either