Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
PR you had me worried because I thought for a moment it was Friday from your first post and that I had forgotten to pay my rent. Luckily it is indeed Thursday and I can pay my rent tomorrow :giggle:

G

Godsgirl83

okay "Speak my mind" so here it gores:

So darn frustrating to go to a store to buy new jeans right now........
"Due to the virus the fitting rooms are closed"
okay...... so you think buy the jeans without trying them on, no problems right?
WRONG!!!!
No returns allowed at this time (includes clothing)
Oh but you will have an extended time for returning items once stores allow returns again.......
:rolleyes: GREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT so in the meantime we have to play guess what will fit and hope it does, but if it doesn't you've got LOTS of $$$$ tied up you can't use b/c you can't get it back yet.......
there is at least one store that the fitting rooms are closed, but will allow returns......
unfortunately it is a half hour away and their jeans are marked up ($10+ more than Walmart for the same brand :rolleyes: )

So, I'm just speaking my mind here......
why don't they leave just 1 fitting room open and (HERE'S A THOUGHT have the fitting room attendant disinfect it after someones used it rather than sit at the counter all day saying "rooms are closed) if they won't allow returns on clothing yet.......
OR no fitting rooms but clothing may be returned and change the policy to be ONLY IF TAGS ARE IN PLACE...........
or SOMETHING like that so people don't get stuck with stuff that doesn't fit......

I seriously think that when stores start allowing returns we're going to hear about all the money they are LOSING when people start bringing in tons of stuff at a time. They'll probably screw customers over with some sort of policy of X amount refunded/daily or per transaction or my absolute favorite
"oh I see you paid cash..... did you want that back or can we put it on a store merchandise card?"

*stepping off soap box now........
thank you*

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I had a close call this morning! I walked up to a house on my mail route to drop off a package on the porch and the next thing I know, I'm surrounded by bumblebees! At least 20-30 of them! I froze then walked away very slowly and luckily did not get stung. :eek:

CherieR

May 6, 2017
I had a close call this morning! I walked up to a house on my mail route to drop off a package on the porch and the next thing I know, I'm surrounded by bumblebees! At least 20-30 of them! I froze then walked away very slowly and luckily did not get stung. :eek:
I heard that bumblebees are gentle normally. So as long as you don't mess with them, you should be fine.

I was recording a bee once going from flower to flower. The bee didn't seem to mind me video recording it. I think it was possibly a Bumblebee or a Carpenter bee but I don't know which.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Unusual for bumble bees to swarm....... They must have been trying to bore nests either in the wood if the porch was made of wood, or the moist ground under the porch is my best guest. As a rule, they won't sting except as a last resort.....they die after they sting as I understand it....still......I would have backed away as well

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Well, just searched it, and it appears that they do not die after stinging as they are one of the bees that do not have barbs on their stingers, so they can sting several times and keep living............good thing you backed away slowly. It seems that they may have been male bees waiting on a Queen bee to leave the nest so they could mate with her.......that is one main reason they would be in a "swarm."

https://answers.search.yahoo.com/se...2M-?p=do+bumble+bees+swarm&fr=yset_chr_syc_hp

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...blebees//RK=2/RS=LFR5LLeirifUB8WOPasKKYdDD4M-