Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Prayers for my little boy (3 yr old).. fever of 100.5 he has either a cold or severe allergies. he woke up upchucking his snot that was rolling down the back of his throat. Mommy is already exhausted from work and other stressors . Long night for me.. and maybe my boy will get some sleep tonight 🥱😴😴😴
I will pray for him right now. Thanks for the opportunity to do so.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Oiy....

Been struggling with family stuff right now, seems Like everything Is against me... it’s hard to stay positive, but I know God is with me.. having faith that everything happens for a reason. ☕️
Faith grows strong through trials that we overcome/endure. Much like muscles, faith needs exercise to grow/strengthen.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Prayers for my little boy (3 yr old).. fever of 100.5 he has either a cold or severe allergies. he woke up upchucking his snot that was rolling down the back of his throat. Mommy is already exhausted from work and other stressors . Long night for me.. and maybe my boy will get some sleep tonight 🥱😴😴😴
Praying for him 'Bit..........

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
That makes for a good question...

It may sound silly to ask - but - if I remember correctly, it took years and decades before someone in the US decided to fry the dough that is cut out to create the hole in the donut - and call it a 'donut hole'.

@Ruby123 - do y'all do that?
Krispy Kreme here in Bama has been making Holes since I was a kid.......but, I guess they been making donuts for a long time.........

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
That makes for a good question...

It may sound silly to ask - but - if I remember correctly, it took years and decades before someone in the US decided to fry the dough that is cut out to create the hole in the donut - and call it a 'donut hole'.

@Ruby123 - do y'all do that?
yes we do. I think they are called the donut holes too or maybe they are called mini's. I'm not sure.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Don't know about John. We slice them up in thin strips and put them in hot skillet with some onions and mushrooms and Sautee them in butter until they are done. They aren't as strong as beef liver. But I like both.

Some people add sliced/diced tatters and corn and such, but that's a bit much for me.
Aren't tatters waffles??

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Aren't tatters waffles??
He really meant to say 'taters' and not 'tatters'. Look both up to see the difference in that extra 't'.

As Z pointed out - 'tater' is just a shortened ["lazy slang"] form of 'potato' - and 'taters' for 'potatoes'.

The two words can actually refer to [a] whole potato[es] - or, it may refer to a small bite-sized potato "ball", "chunk", etc.

Last edited:

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
He really meant to say 'taters' and not 'tatters'. Look both up to see the difference in that extra 't'.

As Z pointed out - 'tater' is just a shortened ["lazy slang"] form of 'potato' - and 'taters' for 'potatoes'.

The two words can actually refer to [a] whole potato[es] - or, it may refer to a small bite-sized potato "ball", "chunk", etc.
I will add this word to Ruby's American Dictionary.
My first word was y'all. I used to think what on earth does that mean.

I haven't tried those potato things. We have chips or wedges. We probably have these tater things but I haven't personally tried them.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
We have cyclones forecasted to hit where I live Sun/Mon. Hopefully it wont be severe!!

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Looks good Zero, do they taste good? Do you fry or bake them?
They're usually fried, but you can bake them or air fry them too. People usually eat them as a side dish with breakfast. And they're yummy. I haven't had them in a long time though.

Jan 25, 2015
Sad as it sounds, that was the one thing the Vet warned us about when we bought the Yorkies. He said to never allow the baby Yorkies close to our Bullmastiff because the big dogs will bite and swallow the small ones...

This was my expression when he told me that :ROFL:

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
They're usually fried, but you can bake them or air fry them too. People usually eat them as a side dish with breakfast. And they're yummy. I haven't had them in a long time though.

A side dish for breakfast, wow that is a pretty heavy breakfast.
:eek:o_O

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Sad as it sounds, that was the one thing the Vet warned us about when we bought the Yorkies. He said to never allow the baby Yorkies close to our Bullmastiff because the big dogs will bite and swallow the small ones...

This was my expression when he told me that :ROFL:
I dont like those Bullmastiff dogs because I got chased by one and was nearly attacked but I called out to the Lord and he saved me in a very practical yet remarkable way. Ruby survived the ordeal, walked home in amazement and thanked the Lord.