Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
That's because it's a blender sweetheart.

Now onion puree is great for a few things I make. BBQ sauce and marinades. Makes a wonderful sweet and sour sauce too.

And you will have to cut up the onion into smaller pieces and do half the amount at a time to get it to work like you want.

I don't use food processors too much. I do but not for things like chopping onions. But it's fine for a lot of people.

Many many years ago in a land far far away I was a teenager. (Yes it's true) and I was working at a county fair for a restaurant in a tent. We used grilled onions as our advertising. (Smell is great) but it also meant that we had to process 50lb bags of onions at a time. Lots of them.

By the time I came out of the separate tent we did them in my shirt was soaked in my tears. Haven't cried over an onion since... burned the tolerance into my eyes. Seen everyone else around me crying over the onions I'm chopping but I'm still dry eyes to this day.
LOL.
I know it is a blender but the commercial that advertised it showed that you could dice onions and other veggies too if you press down on the top to pulsate it instead of blend. Turns out that it doesn't happen unless as you said I need to try smaller pieces and use less. I'll give it another go and see if it works. Otherwise I will have to return to my knife skills to cut the onions

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Wow! Interesting experience, thank you for sharing.
I like the James Townsend videos on the 17 and 18 hundreds life, here is a basic, really basic, baked onion "recipe"-https://www.neatorama.com/2019/03/11/Simple-Roasted-Onions-From-1808/
I used to watch Jeff Smith (Frugal Gourmet) and loved him and his focus.
The guy in the video acts and sounds just like him. Great new person to follow...thanks for the tip!
So many are so pretentious...but these guys are very down to earth and simple to follow along with. And extremely truthful. Hard to find these days.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I counted as best I could with as fast as he was going, looks like he has all his fingers!

G

Godsgirl83

Can you all go to sleep so I can attack these donuts.
AH HA!!!!!
So this is the reason I had a nagging feeling to get up at 3:30 in the morning.........
checked on kids.......
did some dishes/laundry......
fidgeted around the house.....
all was well.
Never occured to me to check the SYM donut status :eek:

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I recall working at the prison, one of the inmate workers on the crew found a bandaid in his soup.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
AH HA!!!!!
So this is the reason I had a nagging feeling to get up at 3:30 in the morning.........
checked on kids.......
all was well.

The Lord works in amazing ways sister! Good morning and bless you GG!

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I recall working at the prison, one of the inmate workers on the crew found a bandaid in his soup.
I have been offered work in a prison several times... never once took the job. What's it like to work there?

G

Godsgirl83

@JohnDB is there a little gadget that chops up onion into small cubes well (dices it). I had one of those little magic bullets that they claim will dice the onion if you keep pressing on the top so it pulsates. Anyway I tried that and it just turned the onion into liquid mush and I didn't even do it for long either. It was all liquid mush on bottom half and huge chunks on the top half and the two would not mix so I had to keep it going for a while and the whole thing turned into liquid mush. :censored::censored:

Ruby,

Have you ever considered one of these:
some places call it a VEGGIE SLICER......
I just googled ONION CHOPPER to find the image. I can't vouche for how well it works though. I've thought about getting one from time to time (doing so again now......) but have so many gadets and gizmos with similar attatchments that I don't use.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
In Corrections you keep your focus on where you are.
I was in maintenance, and the procedure for doing the work is more important than the work, schedule where you will go and what you will do depending on the population, waiting till the unit is at chow before going over to the unit to work, etc.
The inmates are not your friends.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
AH HA!!!!!
checked on kids.......
all was well.
I tried to type quietly so nobody would hear that there were fresh new donuts. :LOL:

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Ruby,

Have you ever considered one of these:
some places call it a VEGGIE SLICER......
I just googled ONION CHOPPER to find the image. I can't vouche for how well it works though. I've thought about getting one from time to time (doing so again now......) but have so many gadets and gizmos with similar attatchments that I don't use.
Funny you should write this because I once won something like this on a raffle at the outdoor markets. I put it somewhere and have never used it. I will have to give it a go and see if it does the trick. I would have thought that the onion would slide around a bit and not produce the results but you never really know until you try. I dont know if it is the same one but it was the same lime green colour but I dont think it had as many blades, just one or two.