Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Queen and Fleetwood Mac did come to mind for me... :)

I am to receive a wake-up call in six hours :oops::censored:

Good night all :D

PS~ "I Think We're Alone Now" was a 1967 US hit for Tommy James and the Shondells :cool:

I didnt know that.. learn something new everyday (y) I'll impress the band tonight with my new knowledge :LOL::ROFL:

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Ha ha I can imagine it lol.... You should have recorded it and put it on youtube, you'd get a million hits lol. Its a crazy song but it sticks in your head, and the dance well what can I say lol. I can't see me doing that dance :eek: it would be a sight to behold indeed :ROFL: lol.

We play Queen.. I want to break free. It's the first song we play in the second set.

I'll just tell you's what they are. These are tied roughly.

Joint top : ''Cher - If I could turn back time'', and ''Johnny cash - folsom prison blues'' even the young ones like it (we play the slightly more modern brad paisley version).

And probably up there as well is 'Tiffany - I think we're alone now' is up there as well.

The one song that we have been meaning to learn for ages is ''lady ante bellum -Need you now. I think it go down really well, one of the best written a sung songs I've heard for a long time.. of course maybe we'll ruin it lol
You can have your cc band singing gangnman style :LOL:, better talk it over with @zeroturbulence and ask him if he is able to play the drums to it.
Yeah I've heard the Cher song :eek:o_O but the other one I am not familiar with. I have also heard the "need you now song" it is a ballad I think?
I have been watching the voice from the European countries. I much prefer it. They sing in English but talk in their language. I seems that everybody in Holland can sing really well. Germany aren't too bad either. I don't have a favourite genre in music, it's whatever has a good tune :giggle: but I can't stand rap :cautious: or heavy metal :devilish:. I think I like ballads :love: but also dancy stuff :cool:
Lol I am seeing how many emoji's I can use :unsure:

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
BREAKING NEWS

UFO'S NOW LINKED TO GLOBAL WARMING! Investigative Nerds from the UONSA (United Organization of Nerd Scientist Agency) have released their 23 hour, in depth study that effectively links UFO's to Global Warming. Spokesperson I.R. Airy states that it appears that whoever/whatever is controlling/operating the UFO's may be intentionally creating massive heat inflexions in order to recreate the atmosphere from which they come.

The believed Theory is that these persons/things are doing so as a First Step to taking over the Earth. What, exactly, they plan for mankind is still under investigation. However, given the believed temperature inflation they appear to be aiming for, humankind may well struggle to survive.

skeleton-final1.jpg

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
BREAKING NEWS

UFO'S NOW LINKED TO GLOBAL WARMING! Investigative Nerds from the UONSA (United Organization of Nerd Scientist Agency) have released their 23 hour, in depth study that effectively links UFO's to Global Warming. Spokesperson I.R. Airy states that it appears that whoever/whatever is controlling/operating the UFO's may be intentionally creating massive heat inflexions in order to recreate the atmosphere from which they come.

The believed Theory is that these persons/things are doing so as a First Step to taking over the Earth. What, exactly, they plan for mankind is still under investigation. However, given the believed temperature inflation they appear to be aiming for, humankind may well struggle to survive.

View attachment 227785
That explains Bill Gates then.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Been hearing a lot about UFO sightings lately. Did anyone else watch 60 minutes last night?

So what does everyone think these UFO's are? These pilots that saw them speculate they are one of three things.

1. Secret US technology.
2. An adversary spy vehicle
3. Or something other worldly

This guy below has his theory. :giggle:

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
I am not surprised that there are UFO's sighted. Am surprised that they are being more open than usual.
When I hear UFO story/news..it reminds
- 'The Roswell Incident'
---
It seems that UFO stories will continue..
- Maybe another movie..
Lol.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
You can have your cc band singing gangnman style :LOL:, better talk it over with @zeroturbulence and ask him if he is able to play the drums to it.
Yeah I've heard the Cher song :eek:o_O but the other one I am not familiar with. I have also heard the "need you now song" it is a ballad I think?
I have been watching the voice from the European countries. I much prefer it. They sing in English but talk in their language. I seems that everybody in Holland can sing really well. Germany aren't too bad either. I don't have a favourite genre in music, it's whatever has a good tune :giggle: but I can't stand rap :cautious: or heavy metal :devilish:. I think I like ballads :love: but also dancy stuff :cool:

I think that's a good idea...zero can play drums. and he sings.... I can't sing a note, well the odd backing vocal but that's it lol.

The voice is a good show I've seen a few from different countries there are some amazingly talented people on the shows.

Yeah the 'Need you is a Ballad' we only have one and it's Adele - Make me feel your love (it's a Bob Dylan song). We only have two Ballads and their both slow, so we need a mid tempo ballad and the lady Antebellum song just fits the bill. Plus I love the vocals, I like the male harmonies behind the female vocal sounds great.. well it sound great to my ears lol.

I like all sorts of music as well.. and well rap isn't my favourite either, although in all fairness I have to say I like shai Linne (Christian rapper). It depends on my mood really lol.

Whats wrong with you, you don't like heavy metal:eek:. when I was younger I liked Metal :whistle:, don't listen to much of it now. One genre i have gotten really into lately is modern country, it's more a crossover music now (country/pop/rock) - Lady antebellum would be one. and all females like ballads lol. ah dance music..wel, any time I dance I look as if i'm shuffling my feet and playing air guitar :ROFL::LOL:

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
So what does everyone think these UFO's are? These pilots that saw them speculate they are one of three things.

1. Secret US technology.
2. An adversary spy vehicle
3. Or something other worldly

This guy below has his theory. :giggle:

I watched the 60 minutes ufo show. It was quite interesting. I remember reading that around 90-95% of sightings can be explained, it's just the other 5% they can't explain as of yet.

It's probably a mixture of no.1 and no.2 of the above choices. I don't know lol.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Well you have two band members settled, you and Zero. I am sure there will be other talented musicians you can call upon here :unsure:
Lol don't like heavy metal and definitely not death metal o_Oo_O
Not a fan of country either. I find it too whiney. I feel like saying "here have a donut" :LOL: I guess we all have different tastes, makes the world more interesting :geek:
Have you watched The voice Holland? I recommend it from 2018 -2020. I like the singers, they all seemed to be able to sing.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Well you have two band members settled, you and Zero. I am sure there will be other talented musicians you can call upon here :unsure:
Lol don't like heavy metal and definitely not death metal o_Oo_O
Not a fan of country either. I find it too whiney. I feel like saying "here have a donut" :LOL: I guess we all have different tastes, makes the world more interesting :geek:
Have you watched The voice Holland? I recommend it from 2018 -2020. I like the singers, they all seemed to be able to sing.

I must admit death metal is a bit too much for me lol. I know Magenta plays guitar..so we'll have to get a set maybe only 3 songs if we'r only getting paid in doughnuts lol:ROFL::LOL:.

If the voice Holland is on youtube I've probably seen it I'm not sure. I'm not sure though :unsure:, will have to check and see.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
The lost art of japanese candy sculpting

That's was good zero. The guy makes it look so easy. I'm sure it takes a long time master:cool:

Just as a side thought I think they would make great ornaments... no need for dusting ornaments again..once dusty just eat :D:ROFL::LOL:

Aug 2, 2009
A simple computer drum machine can cover the drums on gangnam style :p But I have to admit I really like the song :love: I love ballads too! They are my favorite type of music. There are actually some very good and pretty metal ballads. I used to sometimes watch The Voice. The singers on there are really good. I love how they are only judged on their voice and not their looks.

Here's a pretty metal ballad :giggle:

G

Godsgirl83

okay cultural differences quiz time here.

By now I am sure the majority of us usual posters in SYM and those who frequently lurk about reading this thread all know the difference between American and Australian "thongs". (don't worry, not revisiting THAT here :LOL: )

Just curious what comes to mind when I say the term SLOPPY JOE ????

So, MANWICH is helping with dinner tonight.......
SLOPPY JOES
BUT........... I stumbled across something while looking things up on google that said "what is "sloppy joe" in Australian slang" so being naturally curious I HAD to find out..........
I clicked the pull down bar and it said:

Sloppy Joe is an Austalian term for pullover, normally loose and often fleecy lined. Refence the Australian Macquarie Dictionary. —
1621366517880.jpeg looks cozy, and comfy and now I want one. (also found out it is a clothing brand line
https://www.sloppyjoe.co.uk/

now it has me curious........
:unsure: @Ruby123 do you guys have sandwiches like this called something different? What are they called?

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
okay cultural differences quiz time here.

By now I am sure the majority of us usual posters in SYM and those who frequently lurk about reading this thread all know the difference between American and Australian "thongs". (don't worry, not revisiting THAT here :LOL: )

Just curious what comes to mind when I say the term SLOPPY JOE ????

SLOPPY JOES
BUT........... I stumbled across something while looking things up on google that said "what is "sloppy joe" in Australian slang" so being naturally curious I HAD to find out..........
I clicked the pull down bar and it said:

Sloppy Joe is an Austalian term for pullover, normally loose and often fleecy lined. Refence the Australian Macquarie Dictionary. —
View attachment 227798 looks cozy, and comfy and now I want one. (also found out it is a clothing brand line
https://www.sloppyjoe.co.uk/

now it has me curious........
:unsure: @Ruby123 do you guys have sandwiches like this called something different? What are they called?

I duly typed into google sloppy joe for my area..and well it came back with a dictionary entry apparently its a baggy jumper:unsure:

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
SLOPPY JOES

Looks like a tasty dinner :)(y) Think I might try a sloppy joe this weekend. I think for ease I'll make a bolognese.. sounds fancy its all from a Jar and packets.. Mince is frozen , bolognese in a jar lol

Plus, I don't fancy spending anymore money this week lol :cautious::ROFL:.

Talking of money --I have a wee story for you all -----

There was an Ole Scotsman who lived in an ole toon hoose. One night as he was sleeping. He awoke with a jolt from banging coming from down the stairs. It took the ole man a second or two before he was 'compos mentis'. The sound of movement from feet on creaking floorboards moved through the air to the old man's ears.

Stealthfully maneuvering out and off his bed. The ole man stretched an arm out to reach for his torch. With torch in hand the Ole man with a feather step went slowly down the stairs reaching the bottom step, without a creak or squeal from the mouth of the wooden staircase. The ole man stopped and listened.

Moving furniture and rustling of papers emit their song at the push and pull of the intruder - like a conductor directing his orchestra.

The ole man mustered his strength and entered the living room. The song and dance of the furniture and rustling paper and the conductor came to a grand pause. The Ole man girding himself for battle lifted his torch and shone the light upon the face of intruder.

"whit are ye doin in ma hoose" ? The ole man asked.

"Am here tae tak yer money, valuables Ana" was the intruders reply.

The ole mans in a mercurial manner eyes wider his head lifts.

"Why didnae ye say so sooner, wait right here. I'll gan get the spare torch, and we can search the hoose fir money taegether"