Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Good Morning everyone...
Having yet another good day... successfully navigating a discussion with a group of atheists and the stock market with my predictions for performance.
Had a good time yesterday in the kitchen too with first the sausage balls and then a lemon roasted chicken for dinner...(leftovers a plenty)
My stubborn in-laws appear to be slowly recovering from coronavirus. (Supposed to drop down to ½litre instead of a whole litre of O2 today)

Wife got several new kudos, tools and privileges at her job yesterday.

So... looking like a good day today.

G

Godsgirl83

My grandparents used to set out a Santa trap by the fireplace...it usually had a few red threads or cloth in it Christmas morning.
ohhhh. I like that idea.
They've been talking about wanting to catch Santa, and plans for a Santa trap......
but they are also starting to question the reality of Santa ( :cry::cry: ) so we may only have another year or 2 for this......
*note to self: add fancy red threads to holiday prep list*

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
ohhhh. I like that idea.
They've been talking about wanting to catch Santa, and plans for a Santa trap......
but they are also starting to question the reality of Santa ( :cry::cry: ) so we may only have another year or 2 for this......
*note to self: add fancy red threads to holiday prep list*
I know exactly how you feel about that...
And I came up with my own solution...
Not exactly recommend but it was what I did.
My son knows that I'm almost magic in his eyes... between Sacajawea dollars for teeth he lost and put under his pillow (tooth fairy golden money) and all the many other things I did to try and stay one step ahead...(exhausting right?) Just to always leave a bit of nagging doubt in his mind.

I told him a mantra line that crosses over into Christianity.

"Those who do not believe, do not receive"

And to this day, even though he is grown with career and girlfriend he still refuses to admit (to me) that he doesn't believe in Santa. He might say something to other adults...but never within my earshot.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
triskaidekaphobia
is it real or imagined?

I'm holding up and not afraid...

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Morning all

1628908005532.jpeg

I need extra coffee today. Had a bit of dramas with the shower last night. The water would not turn off. The tap which usually takes one or two twists to turn off completely just kept spinning around and around o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O and the hot water kept coming out. Oh boy, I panic in these types of situations because well I dont know what to do.

Anyways long story short, landlord who is also my neighbour came over in the freezing night and had a look. Turned the mains off and diagnosed the problem. Just waiting for him to come over and hopefully fix the problem. So now I am drinking coffee and waiting till he turns up. Hopefully problem fixed :eek::eek::eek:

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Morning all

View attachment 230274

I need extra coffee today. Had a bit of dramas with the shower last night. The water would not turn off. The tap which usually takes one or two twists to turn off completely just kept spinning around and around o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O and the hot water kept coming out. Oh boy, I panic in these types of situations because well I dont know what to do.

Anyways long story short, landlord who is also my neighbour came over in the freezing night and had a look. Turned the mains off and diagnosed the problem. Just waiting for him to come over and hopefully fix the problem. So now I am drinking coffee and waiting till he turns up. Hopefully problem fixed :eek::eek::eek:
I hope these cheer you up Ruby:):coffee::coffee::coffee: and btw I read Australia did a good job on handling the covid situation promptly, is that how you see it?

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I hope these cheer you up Ruby:):coffee::coffee::coffee: and btw I read Australia did a good job on handling the covid situation promptly, is that how you see it?
Wow, these look good and will go nicely with my pancake coffee, so thanks.
I live in the west, these current lockdowns are in the east. People there are unhappy for various reasons with the premier. Some because they are in lockdown again and jobs and businesses are suffering with not much govt help and others feel she should have enforced lockdown alot quicker and the case numbers would not be so high.

My opinion is man cannot solve mans problems. Yes the lockdown will slow down the spread helping perhaps one area of the problem but it then creates or greatly affects other areas eg economy, jobs etc and then that leads to increase in mental illness, surge in drug use, domestic violence, break ins, sexual assaults and on and on. Man cannot fix mans problems, they never have. The answer is Jesus but the world seems to refuse to turn to him. So there really is no man made solution, but they are in control. So I guess it will be this roller coaster ride until Jesus returns which will hopefully be soon enough :)

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Good morning all... Have a blessed day..

The day is looking good we have cream pastry's and jam donuts thanks to Tab's and Ruby..(y)

Time for a cuppa and some cake eating :LOL: