Speak Your Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2024
It’s not exactly spiritual but I’m pretty irritated with eBay at the moment. It’s a long story over a tennis racquet I didn’t receive. Anyway, moving on…

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Ebay has got me a couple of times. But, eventually, after demanding a refund and six weeks past, I got what I had paid for. Have not used them since those times. That doesn't stop them from emailing me on a regular basis wanting my money though.... :)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Hey, all.

I will be brutally honest here, and admit that even though I've been reading my One Year Bible, every night, I'm skipping the Old Testament parts. The main reason is that in all truth, I just find a lot of the OT to be extremely boring (hey, at least I'm not trying to hide my opinion). I've been taught so many of those events for most of my life - Noah's Ark, David & Goliath, David & Bathsheeba, Moses & the Jews in Eygpt, etc. But after a while, I just quit caring about a lot of the other details - for example, I don't care one bit about the measurements or necessary building materials for the Ark of the Covenant. I'm not Jewish, and I've never studied about or been to Israel, so why should those extremely detailed verses concern me? I'm not saying any of this out of contempt or hate for God (at least, I hope not). He's my Lord, my Savior, my Creator, and my Redeemer; I know there is no way I can ever make it through another day of my life without Him. I know He loves me, and I love Him too...but as for the entirety of His Word, that's another story.
A lot of the OT was written for the Jews, so a lot of it does not apply to the New Covenant Christians or Church. Some of it is kinda boring, but it all falls under the History of Gods people. There are many parts that should be studied seriously because they DO apply to Christians and the Church today.

Much information and guidance and inspiration can be gleaned. A few books I can think of right off are Psalms, Proverbs, Jeremiah, Isaiah and other Prophets. Reason for some of them is they "testify" of Jesus. Who He is and His coming. These parts are called the "justification" of Scripture. Meaning it proves the truth of Scripture.

I read the Bible complete at least once every two years. And, to be truthful, most times I discover something I had not read/understood before.

You don't build a house starting at the walls and working up to the roof. It will not stand. You MUST build a firm foundation on solid ground for the house to stand the storms of this world. That is why we should read the OT in my opinion.

Welcome to CC.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
There are so very many sad stories of fathers and mothers who are not abusing their children that it is hard to believe God would want those children to honor such parents.
:eek:

"who are not abusing their children" ??? :unsure:

Mar 4, 2024
Ebay has got me a couple of times. But, eventually, after demanding a refund and six weeks past, I got what I had paid for. Have not used them since those times. That doesn't stop them from emailing me on a regular basis wanting my money though.... :)
I actually got a refund an item (that I probably have bought in the first place).

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Saw a commercial earlier that made me laugh, and then kinda sad because of the full depth of what it inferred.

It was titled: MEN ANOMOUS. A group of men were sitting in a room and they prayed the "Man's Prayer." It went like this:

I am a man. But I can change if I have to, I guess."

Funny at first, but then somewhat sad if you think about it a little more.

Apr 11, 2024
Saw a commercial earlier that made me laugh, and then kinda sad because of the full depth of what it inferred.

It was titled: MEN ANOMOUS. A group of men were sitting in a room and they prayed the "Man's Prayer." It went like this:

I've heard that joke too, and its completely hilarious. Far too many women find themselves attracted to a man, and then wrongly think, "There's things about him I don't like, but that's okay - I can change him." News flash, ladies - you can't! We as men are usually very set in our ways, extremely proud and stubborn. If you try to change that on a whim, trust me - you're not going to like the results.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
For anybody who knows who Jerry Savelle is, he went to glory today. He prayed over me once at church years ago, I'm sure he'll RIP🙏🌷

Apr 11, 2024
For anybody who knows who Jerry Savelle is, he went to glory today. He prayed over me once at church years ago, I'm sure he'll RIP🙏🌷
A stroke fairly recently, followed by a heart attack. And just 77, too - that's still young in this day and age. My prayers are definitely with his family.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016

https://www.quotes.net/mquote/919132

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Good morning..
--
7:45 am
Mid-Atlantic
--
Currently..53F
High 76F
-Sunny
--
Having my second cup of coffee..

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Soaring with eagles

bald eagle 2.png

Isaiah 40:31 - But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Jeremiah 48:40 - For thus saith the LORD; Behold, he shall fly as an eagle, and shall spread his wings over Moab.

Exodus 19:4 - Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.