Speak Your Mind.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I read about that. The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) is warning it will run out of cash by February 2027—or sooner—without congressional action to increase borrowing limits or raise revenue. Postmaster General David Steiner stated the agency faces a potential inability to pay employees or deliver mail, with losses driven by declining mail volume and legal mandates to pre-fund retiree benefits.
Didn't the Fed or someone just declare the US to be insolvent? Thought I saw that on the Local News...

Hey Bro, btw.... :)
 
  • Pray
Reactions: mailmandan
As long as the US can roll over its debts and pay interest, it can keep kicking the can down the road. Most economies are debt laden, even China. Check this out:


It's for 2024, so it's not exact for today, but you get the idea.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: oldman
As long as the US can roll over its debts and pay interest, it can keep kicking the can down the road. Most economies are debt laden, even China. Check this out:


It's for 2024, so it's not exact for today, but you get the idea.
Eventually something has to give. We can keep kicking that can down the road but eventually we are going to run out a road. I guess the solution to all of this will eventually be a great reset?
 
  • Sad
Reactions: oldman
Eventually something has to give. We can keep kicking that can down the road but eventually we are going to run out a road. I guess the solution to all of this will eventually be a great reset?
Good question. AI and robots are already taking vast numbers of jobs away. Self driving taxis will soon be common. There are many jobs where a robot is a better option. But where are the new jobs coming from? Everything can be much cheaper, but who will have the money to pay for the cheaper products?

Even more troubling for governments is who will pay the taxes to keep the country running? There are ways, but it will be a total transformation. And governments are hopeless at managing that scale of change. Without sufficient tax revenue, there is no way of repaying debt. And eventually, there must be a default. I'm nearly 75 so I may not see the change take place. I doubt it will be overnight. But I'm sure it will happen.
 
Good question. AI and robots are already taking vast numbers of jobs away. Self driving taxis will soon be common. There are many jobs where a robot is a better option. But where are the new jobs coming from? Everything can be much cheaper, but who will have the money to pay for the cheaper products?

Even more troubling for governments is who will pay the taxes to keep the country running? There are ways, but it will be a total transformation. And governments are hopeless at managing that scale of change. Without sufficient tax revenue, there is no way of repaying debt. And eventually, there must be a default. I'm nearly 75 so I may not see the change take place. I doubt it will be overnight. But I'm sure it will happen.
economic chaos - enter the beast
 
I am not a great Chess Player

Me AI

P-Q3 N-B6
B-B4 N-B6
N-QB3 P-KR3
N-QN6 P-QR3
B X P QXB She did not like being kissed by a Bishop
N X Q Check K-Q8 Leave my Bishop alone please
N X R P-Q5
N-N6 P-K3
N X B K X N
Black lost: Q R B P 8+5+3+1=17
White lost B N 3+3=6
 
  • Like
Reactions: oldman
I recently retired from the Post Office with 35 years of service and was really excited to retire. For the first year especially, I was absolutely thrilled to be retired! What was disappointing was 1 year after I retired, the new contract at work was settled, and it had one of the biggest raises that I had ever seen. Plus, they hired a lot of new carriers who cover all of the overtime. One of the main reasons I retired in my late 50's and did not make it to 62 was because I was so sick of being shorthanded at work and I constantly had to help out on crappy mail routes and work long hours! The Christmas season was a nightmare! Starting last Christmas season, I heard its piece of cake now. So, now that I'm gone, nice new raise, not shorthanded at all and I could have skated to age 62 and received a more significant pension. :oops:
I don't know where you heard it's a piece of cake now. Maybe the people my daughter works with while she is loaded down with all the heavy lifting. I can't see that dynamic ever leveling out in any workplace.
 
  • Pray
Reactions: TheLearner
Did y'all hear that Hackers broke into Amazon On Line and mailed Tasers to Addresses around the world?

People were stunned!

:)
giphy.gif
 
I don't know where you heard it's a piece of cake now. Maybe the people my daughter works with while she is loaded down with all the heavy lifting. I can't see that dynamic ever leveling out in any workplace.
It's a piece of cake for the regular carriers at my old office because they have like 9 or 10 CCA's there now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mem
Ok, my daughter isn't employed as a carrier. Hopefully, it gets better in her department.
At my old office, the clerks were usually shorthanded, and it was not a piece of cake for them ever! I could use some prayer. I still feel bad about not being able to reach my desired goal of 62 years old before retiring. 🙏 Some mornings I wake up to a punch in the gut just thinking about it. I'm actually surprised that I'm taking it this hard. Totally unexpected.
 
At my old office, the clerks were usually shorthanded, and it was not a piece of cake for them ever! I could use some prayer. I still feel bad about not being able to reach my desired goal of 62 years old before retiring. 🙏 Some mornings I wake up to a punch in the gut just thinking about it. I'm actually surprised that I'm taking it this hard. Totally unexpected.
If I could take mine today, I'd do it but have to endure just a few more years. I happened upon a verse that I'm keeping in mind to hold me up. Ec 2:24. Meanwhile, I started a small collection of orchids in anticipation for something to tend to in retirement. I found a confessed Christian orchid enthusiast, Dave on YouTube, who tends to over 400 orchids in Fla. He has expressed his regard towards orchids as reminders of God's genius. Numbering our days and redeeming the time and such, as we wait for the hope of our King's summons.
 
At my old office, the clerks were usually shorthanded, and it was not a piece of cake for them ever! I could use some prayer. I still feel bad about not being able to reach my desired goal of 62 years old before retiring. 🙏 Some mornings I wake up to a punch in the gut just thinking about it. I'm actually surprised that I'm taking it this hard. Totally unexpected.
Be glad you got out. Enjoy your time with wife and family and see what God has for you.