T
Yet on the day of pentecost every person spoke in a different tounge after receiving the holy spirit...
They did, but they spoke in languages that the people who gathered around them understood
The few instances of tongues (or maybe "tongues" for all I know ) I've heard, were gibberish
I think what Paul said has been misunderstood. I believe all the gifts are available to everyone, but not everyone will make use of every gift.
Yet on the day of pentecost every person spoke in a different tounge after receiving the holy spirit...
What would lead you to think that, when what Paul said was very plainly stated?
Do you simply WANT to believe it, so you think poor old Paul was simply misunderstood?
I don't get it.....
Paul said he wished we all would speak in tongues... I find it hard to believe he would wish that if it weren't possible. But I could be wrong. When he said not everyone would, does that mean not everyone can? Or, that not everyone would accept it? He wished we all would, so I assume we all can.