Speaking in tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
How about checking before you post?
I too can attest to something. You speaking gibberish is not biblical tongues. You and others like you present the wondrous works of the Holy Spirit to the world as nothing more than a clown show. And contrary to what some say here, it will be answered for.
Perhaps it is noteworthy that a particular poster being banned often has much more to do with attitude that with the merits of their arguments.

A number of Catholic apologetists have been banned because of their attitude toward biblical truth. If you are civil and support the basic tennents of the Christian faith you need not be overly concerned about being banned. The Mods here are good and they are people with convictions and emotions just like everyone else.

I assure you that you would not want the job of being a Mod.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

7seasrekeyed

I too can attest to something. You speaking gibberish is not biblical tongues. You and others like you present the wondrous works of the Holy Spirit to the world as nothing more than a clown show. And contrary to what some say here, it will be answered for.
you really have nothing whatsoever to contribute, do you

your entire posts consist of nothing more than running others down

when I read what your write, what I understand from it is 'blah blah yakity yuk yuk my finger is stuck in my eye somebody help me yak yak'

ta ta

Chester

May 23, 2016
I do not see it is superior . Is that word even used ?
You are right: "superior" is probably a bad word choice. That was my word choice, not the word Paul uses.

CS1

May 23, 2012
this comment is rude . Please do not be rude . You have been pmed

thank you

Mar 28, 2016
would you mind writing that in a language the rest of us are familiar with? o_O

no comprendo
I can try, sorry.

The word prophecy describes the word of God with no time restraint . Some define it as telling the future alone limiting the definition to what is ahead .

God is no longer as of the last chapter (Revelation) brining any new prophecy . The warning is not to add to it or substract from it now that we have the whole or perfect sealed up till the end of time .

Some who violate the warning and go above that which is written do it with what they call "private revelations" as "private interpretations" . Challenging all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) ….Did God really say ?

Prophesying by brining the word of God in all the language of the world and not Hebrew alone simply is not occurring. New prophecy has ceased in any language .

Today they have a real time device that allows two different languages to commune with each other . In that way the gospel before God stopped adding did get the gospel out to the barbarians in order to convey the gospel and have a two way conversation which each other.

Its not make a noise of no significance and have that confirm a person has the Holy Spirit as a confirmation.

There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification. Therefore if I (Paul, Hebrew language)) know not the meaning of the voice (the stranger different language) , I (Paul Hebrew ) shall be unto him (stranger) that speaketh a barbarian, and he (stranger, different language) that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me(.Paul who speaks Hebrew) 1 Corinthians 14:10-11

In that way that mutual unseen spiritual gift both edify God, the giver of His word . No self edification by making a noise without any significance and call that confirming the person has the Holy Spirit .

No sign gifts..Sign are designed for rebel that will not hear prophecy .

7seasrekeyed

I can try, sorry.

The word prophecy describes the word of God with no time restraint . Some define it as telling the future alone limiting the definition to what is ahead .

God is no longer as of the last chapter (Revelation) brining any new prophecy . The warning is not to add to it or substract from it now that we have the whole or perfect sealed up till the end of time .

Some who violate the warning and go above that which is written do it with what they call "private revelations" as "private interpretations" . Challenging all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) ….Did God really say ?

Prophesying by brining the word of God in all the language of the world and not Hebrew alone simply is not occurring. New prophecy has ceased in any language .

Today they have a real time device that allows two different languages to commune with each other . In that way the gospel before God stopped adding did get the gospel out to the barbarians in order to convey the gospel and have a two way conversation which each other.

Its not make a noise of no significance and have that confirm a person has the Holy Spirit as a confirmation.

There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification. Therefore if I (Paul, Hebrew language)) know not the meaning of the voice (the stranger different language) , I (Paul Hebrew ) shall be unto him (stranger) that speaketh a barbarian, and he (stranger, different language) that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me(.Paul who speaks Hebrew) 1 Corinthians 14:10-11

In that way that mutual unseen spiritual gift both edify God, the giver of His word . No self edification by making a noise without any significance and call that confirming the person has the Holy Spirit .

ok garee...I just really do not understand what you are trying to get at

I don't agree with what you are saying in the parts I do understand

thanks for your response but I can't make heads or tails out of it

sorry

I will say however that I have been 'edified' by praying in the Holy Spirit many times. many times....the gift is real and I don't expect anyone to believe it because I say so

they should, however, believe it because of what scripture says regarding same

Mar 28, 2016
ok garee...I just really do not understand what you are trying to get at

I don't agree with what you are saying in the parts I do understand

thanks for your response but I can't make heads or tails out of it

sorry
My writing skill suffer. What is it that you do not understand?

7seasrekeyed

My writing skill suffer. What is it that you do not understand?

ok...

I do not understand how you are equating tongues with prophecy and self-edification and then choosing verses from here and there to illustrate the point you are trying to make

let's look at this for example:

I think I understand you to say here that God is not restrained by time..which I would agree with...but it is absolutely correct to state that prophecy fulfilled is a prophecy that was given and was fulfilled at some point in time. right? for example Isaiah foretelling of the birth of Jesus and saying how Jesus would not judge after the sight of his eyes (the way we do) but would look on the heart

in the NT, prophecy is most often described not as the foretelling but as the FORTHTELLING...spot the difference?

and that is not to say that someone cannot tell of an event yet to happen or about to happen...but I think there is confusion over that and a word of knowledge

for example, I have had a good number of words of knowledge in my life...but I sure would not refer to myself as a 'prophet'

maybe try using less words? might help :). I know you are sincere

7seasrekeyed

No sign gifts..Sign are designed for rebel that will not hear prophecy .
I disagree here....believers asking for a sign are not always rebellious. Sometimes a person just really really needs to make a decision or know what to do and they might ask for a 'sign' from God...they are not asking for proof of God...they are asking for direction that they cannot get for one reason or another and you know, God in His mercy, will often enough answer that plea

but again, how are you equating signs and prophecy?

I don't know what you are getting at :unsure:

yellowcanary

May 22, 2018
you really have nothing whatsoever to contribute, do you

your entire posts consist of nothing more than running others down

when I read what your write, what I understand from it is 'blah blah yakity yuk yuk my finger is stuck in my eye somebody help me yak yak'

ta ta
That's a coincidence. I get the same understanding when someone like yourself speaks in tongues.

Mar 28, 2016
I think I understand you to say here that God is not restrained by time..which I would agree with...but it is absolutely correct to state that prophecy fulfilled is a prophecy that was given and was fulfilled at some point in time. right? for example Isaiah foretelling of the birth of Jesus and saying how Jesus would not judge after the sight of his eyes (the way we do) but would look on the heart
Thanks for the repl. I agree but again prophecy is not limited to time restrains as future alone. For instance God moved Moses to speak of the past as one who was there working n the affairs of men . The truth did not become truth then, it was from the beginning of his witness.

And I am not equating the sign as prophecy no sign for prophecy other than a believing new heart. The sign is against those who refuse to hear prophecy .God mocking the Jews that would not hear the word of God but rather chased after the oral traditions of men making the word of God, prophecy without effect .

Its what I believe the law conveys.

In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; (the apostate Jews) and yet for all that will they (the apostate Jews) not hear me, saith the Lord.Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, (prophecy) but to them(the apostate Jews) that" believe not": but prophesying (declaring the word of God) serveth not for them (the apostate Jews) that believe not (no faith) , but for them which believe (the word of God) .1 Corinthians 14 :21- 22

We can look at the foundation of the law and see if it reflects the same a ssign for those who refuse to hear prophecy .

For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:For with stammering lips (God mocking the apostate Jews that mocked him by not hearing and believing the word of God) and another tongue(other languages other than Hebrew alone will he speak to this people( the apostate Jews) .To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they ( the apostate Jews)would not hear. But the word of the Lord was unto them( the apostate Jews) precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they( the apostate Jews) might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken. Wherefore hear the word of the Lord, ye scornful men, the apostate Jews)that rule this people which is in Jerusalem. Because ye the apostate Jews)have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we the apostate Jews)have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves: Isiah 28:10 -15

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I disagree here....believers asking for a sign are not always rebellious. Sometimes a person just really really needs to make a decision or know what to do and they might ask for a 'sign' from God...they are not asking for proof of God...they are asking for direction that they cannot get for one reason or another and you know, God in His mercy, will often enough answer that plea

I don't know what you are getting at :unsure:
I would refer you to Gideon. Judges 6:36-40

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Mar 28, 2016
According to the law of signs in 1 Corinthians 14, signs speak to the rebels that will not hear the word of God, prophecy, as if the kingdom of God came by observation, walking by sight and not the unseen faith in respect to God ... who refused to be worshipped in regard to an image (form)as that seen walking by sight .

Numbers 20:10And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?

The sign was not for those who did believe prophecy.

Again in Exodus the signs for those who refuse to hear prophecy.

Those who did knew the four hundred years prophesied through Abraham were moved to believe . The sign moved the unbeliever to let the people of God go. They did not believe to the salvation of their souls as those who do believe prophecy

Exodus 4 King James And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The Lord hath not appeared unto thee. And the Lord said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod. (same dividing rod used against those who rebel in the Numbers 20 account above ) And he said, Cast it on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it.And the Lord said unto Moses, Put forth thine hand, and take it by the tail. And he put forth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand:That they may believe that the Lord God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee.And the Lord said furthermore unto him, Put now thine hand into thy bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous as snow.(Dead as in no senstivity to the Holy Spirit )And he said, Put thine hand into thy bosom again. And he put his hand into his bosom again;(raised to new spirt life) and plucked it out of his bosom, and, behold, it was turned again as his other flesh. And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe thee, neither hearken to the voice of the first sign, that they will believe the voice of the latter sign.

Again, not believed as unto salvation an anchor to the soul as with prophecy.

Mar 28, 2016
I would refer you to Gideon. Judges 6:36-40

For the cause of Christ
Roger

There is a difference there remembering it a evil generation (natural man) that seek after sign and wonders or with wonder. Wonder representing the things not seen .The last sign and wonder was that of the crucifixion of Christ.

The sign that Gidion received as a wonder (faith issue) revealed the hidden spiritual meaning of that parable (God is sovereign) called the hidden mana in Revelation

Luke 11:29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: "they seek a sign"; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

Seeking after signs opposes walking by faith,

CS1

May 23, 2012
There is a difference there remembering it a evil generation (natural man) that seek after sign and wonders or with wonder. Wonder representing the things not seen .The last sign and wonder was that of the crucifixion of Christ.

The sign that Gidion received as a wonder (faith issue) revealed the hidden spiritual meaning of that parable (God is sovereign) called the hidden mana in Revelation

Luke 11:29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: "they seek a sign"; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

Seeking after signs opposes walking by faith,
Could it be the motive as to why one seeks the gifts of The Holy Spirit? There are not called signs they are called Gifts . Charismata or pneumatika spiritual gifts .

some seek them for a sign , some seek them out of power . BUT the reason they are given is for the Betterment of all.

IF your motives are for asign, to brag you have a gift, to think of youreself as more saved then those who have not been used or even think they are noty for today ; YOU are in Error and not in line with 1cor 13 :1

DJ2

Apr 15, 2017
Admin warning: please have a little more respect for the moderation of the site and stop attacking the moderator's character (e.g., "expose his true nature", repeatedly accusing him of bullying), with all your assumptions about site bans, etc.
These bans have nothing to due with being "rude". Look honestly at these posts and you will see the same language on many posts. These bans are simply CS1 bullying anyone who exposes his true nature. I have shown the misleading direction that pentecostals use to avoid the obvious hole in their theology and this is what he cannot tolerate. This is merely his attempt to quench the spirit of truth.

He cannot explain the lack of evidence for tongues, just as Catholics cannot do for transubstantion. So he uses the excuse of "rudeness" to stop the discussion.

By the way, Catholic forums will ban you as "rude" for asking for evidence also.

CS1

May 23, 2012
These bans have nothing to due with being "rude". Look honestly at these posts and you will see the same language on many posts. These bans are simply CS1 bullying anyone who exposes his true nature. I have shown the misleading direction that pentecostals use to avoid the obvious hole in their theology and this is what he cannot tolerate. This is merely his attempt to quench the spirit of truth.

He cannot explain the lack of evidence for tongues, just as Catholics cannot do for transubstantion. So he uses the excuse of "rudeness" to stop the discussion.

By the way, Catholic forums will ban you as "rude" for asking for evidence also.
DJ2,

have you been banned ? I see you are still here. I have asked you to move on. You have choose to make this personal . I will forward this thread onto admin . Make your comments to the room DO NOT address me. If you have an issue you can Pm me but we will not have this discussion here in this setting it is disrespectful to the originator of the thread. iI does not matter what you think of me :) what matters is you follow the rules .. I apologize to “blessedaferican” for this happening on your thread. I am sorry for that .

Thank you,