Speaking in tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 22, 2018
Is it necessary for every christian to speak in tongues? And what is the purpose of s

Nov 22, 2018
As a christian I gave up dating but then my queation is how do will I get married if I am not in the dating thing?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
As a christian I gave up dating but then my queation is how do will I get married if I am not in the dating thing?
Why give up dating? As long as you avoid sinning then you can socialize with guys without any trouble..

Nov 22, 2018
What is it tht can be done and can be done. This days I doubt if there men out there who are ready to accept friendship before getting married

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
What is it tht can be done and can be done. This days I doubt if there men out there who are ready to accept friendship before getting married
The scriptures state that we should not engage in sex before marriage.. So that should be the guide for single Christians.. People can love each other without engaging in sexual relations..

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
In regards to speaking in tongues, I will never forget when my friend (who previously attended an Assemblies of God church) went to a Bible study at his Pastor's house once a week and sometimes the Pastor would speak in tongues during their Bible study. My friend worked with a woman who was a Baptist that was terrified of being around people who spoke in tongues, yet my friend convinced her to come to the Bible study to see for herself that she has nothing to fear. When his lady friend showed up at the Bible study, as soon as she walked in the door, the Pastor began speaking in tongues very loudly with his hands high in the air, then he fell backwards to the floor! My friend said that even he was freaked out by the incident and when he turned around, his lady friend was running for the hills!

Nov 22, 2018
In regards to speaking in tongues, I will never forget when my friend (who previously attended an Assemblies of God church) went to a Bible study at his Pastor's house once a week and sometimes the Pastor would speak in tongues during their Bible study. My friend worked with a woman who was a Baptist that was terrified of being around people who spoke in tongues, yet my friend convinced her to come to the Bible study to see for herself that she has nothing to fear. When his lady friend showed up at the Bible study, as soon as she walked in the door, the Pastor began speaking in tongues very loudly with his hands high in the air, then he fell backwards to the floor! My friend said that even he was freaked out by the incident and when he turned around, his lady friend was running for the hills!
Thats terrible

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Hell churcg ROFLL

VincentG

Prodigal son
Aug 25, 2018
Is it necessary for every christian to speak in tongues? And what is the purpose of s
no not necesarry..that is a gift..if the Holy Spirit gives it to you then fine if not He will give you other gifts, Paul explains that.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I'm not sure if you're posting a dating question or a tongues question. Quite confusing.

Tongues is not essential, nor is it even intended for everyone. In fact chances are what you hear labeled as "tongues" is not even used according to biblical standards and actually blatantly defies the biblical command on it. So who knows the true source of it.

As far as dating goes it's going to be extremely difficult to not date and get married. There are a small handful of people that believe in courtship.
Basically it's two people dating, but rejecting the title of dating. Typically they don't go on dates, but rather go with another group of people. They minimize their contact. Or may even only converse if someone else is around.
Theres pretty much little to no physical contact.
I imagine it's pretty rare to find such people anymore. Not to mention finding a group that gets together regularly you both feel comfortable with.
Then the next step, if after a few years things go well, you get engaged and eventually married.

But why you quit dating can play a factor. But most reasons that would stop you from dating are also reasons that would interfere with being in a relationship.
Relationships are a risk. Period. So if you're trying to spare yourself the risk of being hurt then you aren't ready for a relationship.
Relationships are work. So if you're trying to bypass the effort of finding someone then chances are you won't want to put in the effort to make a relationship work, either.

I find most people are more interested in meeting someone, or complaining they haven't met someone, than preparing themselves to be the kind of person that will make a wise choice if they do meet someone. Nor will they take the time to be the kind of person that will make a good spouse, and instead are self assured they don't need to know more on the subject. This includes all the fake "advice" that goes around on the subject and carrying past hurts with them into new relationships.

Nov 22, 2018
I'm not sure if you're posting a dating question or a tongues question. Quite confusing.

Tongues is not essential, nor is it even intended for everyone. In fact chances are what you hear labeled as "tongues" is not even used according to biblical standards and actually blatantly defies the biblical command on it. So who knows the true source of it.

As far as dating goes it's going to be extremely difficult to not date and get married. There are a small handful of people that believe in courtship.
Basically it's two people dating, but rejecting the title of dating. Typically they don't go on dates, but rather go with another group of people. They minimize their contact. Or may even only converse if someone else is around.
Theres pretty much little to no physical contact.
I imagine it's pretty rare to find such people anymore. Not to mention finding a group that gets together regularly you both feel comfortable with.
Then the next step, if after a few years things go well, you get engaged and eventually married.

But why you quit dating can play a factor. But most reasons that would stop you from dating are also reasons that would interfere with being in a relationship.
Relationships are a risk. Period. So if you're trying to spare yourself the risk of being hurt then you aren't ready for a relationship.
Relationships are work. So if you're trying to bypass the effort of finding someone then chances are you won't want to put in the effort to make a relationship work, either.

I find most people are more interested in meeting someone, or complaining they haven't met someone, than preparing themselves to be the kind of person that will make a wise choice if they do meet someone. Nor will they take the time to be the kind of person that will make a good spouse, and instead are self assured they don't need to know more on the subject. This includes all the fake "advice" that goes around on the subject and carrying past hurts with them into new relationships.
My concern is not the risk or the hurt. Even siblings hurt each other. My concern here is holyness, sexual immoralties, fonication and etc thts my concern. And I am thankful for the advice I find some statement very useful and educating.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
My concern is not the risk or the hurt. Even siblings hurt each other. My concern here is holyness, sexual immoralties, fonication and etc thts my concern. And I am thankful for the advice I find some statement very useful and educating.
Ah. Then courtship would remove much of that. If you can find anyone willing to do so. Most often I hear about it within members of the same church, where the idea is taught.

Nov 22, 2018
Is not possible for the two couple to date but abstain from sex and other immoralty act without involving a group of ppl?

Rapturechris

Nov 28, 2018
Hi Im in the minority belief of it but I dont speak in tongues and Ive been a Christian for 20 years. To my understanding and knowledge there is no where in the Bible that says speaking in tongues is for today. The early Church spoke in it but it's only mentioned a few time ..in Acts..in Mark and in Corinthians. In Acts they were speaking in other languages. In Mark its not clear what types of tongues is meant...also some of the oldest manuscripts dont have the end of Mark in them...so that part could have been added..and in Corinthians it seems as though that was the only Church that had the gift of speaking in tongues as its not mentioned in Galatians, or Ephesians or the Roman Church or the other Churches. I think seeking miracles from God or demonstrating supernatural worship in these kinds of things are part of the Church no doubt but dont prove a more holy and blessed life from your creator. It might be the in thing and people demonstrate it openly to show they are in communication with God. But unfortunately it wont give you access to heaven.