Speaking of the mysterious and hidden wisdom of God. (1 Cor 2:7) Is it something we can do now? Or was that only for a select few? If so who are they?
Speaking of the mysterious and hidden wisdom of God. (1 Cor 2:7) Is it something we can do now? Or was that only for a select few? If so who are they?
Speaking of the mysterious and hidden wisdom of God. (1 Cor 2:7) Is it something we can do now? Or was that only for a select few? If so who are they?
My late pastor, mentor and friend had a relationship with God that astounds me still. He would spend hours in prayer, study and fellowship with God. He got up early, 4.00 am and spent time before he went to work. He'd spend more time after work as well. God honoured that. My friend was blessed with revelation and wisdom. It helped me enormously in my Christian life.Speaking of the mysterious and hidden wisdom of God. (1 Cor 2:7) Is it something we can do now? Or was that only for a select few? If so who are they?
My late pastor, mentor and friend had a relationship with God that astounds me still. He would spend hours in prayer, study and fellowship with God. He got up early, 4.00 am and spent time before he went to work. He'd spend more time after work as well. God honoured that. My friend was blessed with revelation and wisdom. It helped me enormously in my Christian life.
For many years, we met every day. He would speak for two hours and it was as if he had spoken for minutes. He spoke the word as Jesus did, "Spirit and life". Tonight I listened to a worthy sermon from a worthy preacher. It was informative. And dull. His words lacked the anointing. 30 minutes was more than enough. It's hard to describe the difference, but anyone who is born again would know.
I hope we can do it. The "mystery" he's talking about is Christ crucified. It was a mystery to the rulers of this age, but it is wisdom to those who believe.
I now believe we all who have the indwelling Spirit of Truth within us have access to the mysterious and hidden wisdom of God. Well I know He has anyway. If He shares it with us is up to Him but I believe that this is His role, to lead us into all truth, be it hidden in or out of plain sight. I guess the prophets and teachers Paul refers to have access to them at times.Do you think we can, or do you have any thoughts as to who the "few" were?
When Paul speaks about mystery and hidden wisdom he is speaking about the gospel. The mystery and wisdom is hidden from the world but is now made known to the apostles and through them made known to us.I now believe we all who have the indwelling Spirit of Truth within us have access to the mysterious and hidden wisdom of God. Well I know He has anyway. If He shares it with us is up to Him but I believe that this is His role, to lead us into all truth, be it hidden in or out of plain sight. I guess the prophets and teachers Paul refers to have access to them at times.
When Paul speaks about mystery and hidden wisdom he is speaking about the gospel. The mystery and wisdom is hidden from the world but is now made known to the apostles and through them made known to us.
Jesus Christ Himself is the fullest revelation of God we will have in this age. He is Truth.
We will not have any new revelation this side of heaven nor do we need it.
What we need is to understand Christ more and this is an inexhaustible source.