Speaking The Same Thing

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Walter

Well-known member
Jul 20, 2022
1,282
596
113
79
Washington
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Friday 3-24-23 6th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle Nisan 1, 5783 5th. Spring Day

1 Corinthians 1:10

Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

What does 1 Corinthians 1:10 mean? (View)
Paul has laid a firm foundation for his letter in two things. First, he had zero doubts that the Christians in Corinth were truly saved, born-again believers, completely secure in Christ forever. Paul will not look at their sin and wrong thinking and challenge their salvation. Second, Paul has grounded their security in Christ Himself. He mentions the name of Christ here for the tenth time in the first ten verses. The Corinthians are accepted, because they are in Christ, and for no other reason.

In the previous verse, Paul wrote these believers have been called, each of them, into the fellowship of Christ. That requires, as people in Christ, they be in fellowship with each other. Now Paul comes to the first of many problems among the church in Corinth. Instead of being united because they are all in Christ, the Corinthians are divided.

Paul urges them in the name of Christ to agree with each other. He sets a high expectation for this church, and all Christian churches: zero divisions. Because each of them is in Christ, Paul insists that they can live in unity. This unity can, and must, reach the level of cooperative thinking and judgment on matters of critical importance.

Here, as in other passages (Romans 14), Paul will clarify: he is not demanding everyone in the church agree with whomever is in charge. Nor is he teaching that believers can never disagree about something. The standard here is not to reach perfect conformity, only that they must reach unity. Disagreement does not have to mean division.

Paul is setting up Christ as the standard for every thought and judgment. As every person conforms to Christ, they will come into alignment with each other. Differences of opinion will be secondary to fundamental agreement and brotherhood, through Christ. When Christians set up mere human beings as their standard, division is always the result, as the following verses will show.

Love, Walter
 
Do we all conform to one form of opinions? Is such a species minded thinking even humanly possible? Or instead of enforcing a form of truth, shall we not work together to find the ultimate truth? Or is that not possible either as a species? Is it just up to us individually to let our ego go and learn to truly listen and learn from each other passed ways we think we have? As the light is a personal thing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Walter
Do we all conform to one form of opinions? Is such a species minded thinking even humanly possible? Or instead of enforcing a form of truth, shall we not work together to find the ultimate truth? Or is that not possible either as a species? Is it just up to us individually to let our ego go and learn to truly listen and learn from each other passed ways we think we have? As the light is a personal thing.
Hello ArcaneFlame, How are you? Amen, Personally, about the OP, I was thinking about what Paul was saying in making his statement clear, as I speak the things that I speak especially to others, do I think before as a Christain. Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Love, Walter
 
Hello ArcaneFlame, How are you? Amen, Personally, about the OP, I was thinking about what Paul was saying in making his statement clear, as I speak the things that I speak especially to others, do I think before as a Christain. Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Love, Walter
Welcome here with us.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ArcaneFlame
Hello ArcaneFlame, How are you? Amen, Personally, about the OP, I was thinking about what Paul was saying in making his statement clear, as I speak the things that I speak especially to others, do I think before as a Christain. Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Love, Walter

Im good man hope you are too. I brought up a point of debate but agree too. The churches are not supposed to be divided. And its not a simple fix either. Oh what can we do? Just be as humble as we can ourselves so we learn from each other I guess.
 
Im good man hope you are too. I brought up a point of debate but agree too. The churches are not supposed to be divided. And its not a simple fix either. Oh what can we do? Just be as humble as we can ourselves so we learn from each other I guess.
I would say after taking His yoke upon ourselves and loving one another as He loved His disciples, we can learn from each other as what you are saying, things take time, as He can be in the midst of us.
 
I would say after taking His yoke upon ourselves and loving one another as He loved His disciples, we can learn from each other as what you are saying, things take time, as He can be in the midst of us.

When he returns the whole world will worship next to each other. Imagine that from where we are now. Our current chapter might be pretty dark but at least there is a happy ending.
 
Friday 3-24-23 6th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle Nisan 1, 5783 5th. Spring Day

1 Corinthians 1:10

a good read as usual thanks for sharing as always enjoyable and I have a lot of agreement

this part

“First, he had zero doubts that the Christians in Corinth were truly saved, born-again believers, completely secure in Christ forever. Paul will not look at their sin and wrong thinking and challenge their salvation.”

We have to keep reading

“It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, to deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭5:1-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

addressing sin and its danger to the soul of a believer is an important even imperative aspect of salvation if you notice Paul’s second letter is connected to the first regarding this matter and shows us how addressing and confronting our sin is connected to repentance and salvation

“Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.

So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow. Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭2:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season. Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance:

for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing. For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of:

but the sorrow of the world worketh death.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭7:8-10‬ ‭

if we are made sorry because we have sinned it’s going to lead to repentance , if we say what we do good and evil doesn’t matter we’re already saved , it’s not going to effect our faith the same way as believing this way as if salvstion is a promise made by Jesus ton th ode who continue in him

“Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings: that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:12-16‬ ‭

If I look at it like I’m safe and secure regardless if I obey or not , then I’m always going to see “working out my own salvation with fear and trembling “ as an adversary to that other belief it causes the scripture to conflict

Grace ultimately needs to hear this message constantly because it’s easy to be lulled to sleep hearing only the word grace

It’s why this was so important to Paul

“This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.”
‭‭Titus‬ ‭3:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

grace eventually saves us like this by accomplishing this

“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and Saviour Jesus Christ;

who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.”
‭‭Titus‬ ‭2:11-15‬

Salvation includes repentance and also remission of sins not only remission of sins , but repentance as well that’s about salvation too our deeds moving forward we need to get a handle on

It’s a central point in Paul’s writings to always examine our own deeds and ways and understand we can’t live and act in sin and also inherit the kingdom and that we must change our deeds

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:19-21‬ ‭

We can’t live in those ways and deeds and ideas anymore it’s an exhortation to repentance because of this truth

“Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die:

but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:12-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And again
“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭6:7-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and again

“But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:3-7‬ ‭


“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

( this part doesn’t change that part )
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭6:9-11‬ ‭

what im saying is we can’t keep living and acting like sinners at the same time we say “ I’m sanctified I’m clean I’m justified I have the spirit of God “ we have to as Christian’s live each day in the lord we can walk away when trials come but we don’t have to and we can always return but we don’t have to

all I mean to say is Paul addressed believers and their sins and the dangers more than any apostle did but it’s important for maturity not so much needed in a nursery but needed to build muscle and strength and bone

“Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)

(that’s what your saying trust him he promised to save us amen !)

(And I’m saying this true also and changes the narrative alot )

and let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:23-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Salvstion is truly a free gift but it’s one we have to take very seriously as serious as the shame , suffering and agony , pain and torment Jesus endured for us as his blood slowly drenched the cross and he gave up his own breath , again , to give us life ….again but again we are free and can choose life or death ….again