SPEAKING TONGUES

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Me. I see to always seek for Gold Nuggets in everything, thanks there are Gold Nuggets, the same as in the movie "Magnum Force"

As Clint is walking away he states " a man has got to know there own limitations, have a great day
then look to the truth of God's word. Its packed with them.

Jesus said, " I am the way, the truth, and the life." He makes everyone's day!

and Has no limitations

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
not when it is used to make unbiblical points or to say God is a woman. As you did.
God can be anything God wants to be, doesn't God live in you. How about though you. Can or does God live in women too. Was not a woman made from the ribs of Adam the man. Bone of his bones flesh of his flesh.

So sorry you do not see God is endless in God's mysterious ways, that I to this day do not fathom and will not
But thanks for the condemnation. God gets the same all the time from flesh nature of people
I am in hope for me and you and all others also

God does just love us all 1 John 2:1-4, 12 the forgiveness reconciliation in 2 Cor 5:17-20

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Jesus said, " I am the way, the truth, and the life." He makes everyone's day!

and Has no limitations
No limits, there you go, nonetherfore God can be whoever God desires to be can God not. Thanks

I am elated God makes your day too, thank you

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
To be Biblically correct here, I have yet to read where God or His Angels when encountering humans came to them in the form of a woman.
Even in Genesis 6 when the "fallen angels" came to the human women it specifically reads...
2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose.

Or when Gabriel was on his way to answer Daniels' prayer he said Michael, one of the "chief Princes"...and even includes Satan as a prince (of Persia).
13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days; but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I was left over there beside the kings of Persia.

So I am interested in this idealism about addressing God as a woman myself when the Bible is clear He's always Male.

CS1

May 23, 2012
God can be anything God wants to be, doesn't God live in you. How about though you. Can or does God live in women too. Was not a woman made from the ribs of Adam the man. Bone of his bones flesh of his flesh.

So sorry you do not see God is endless in God's mysterious ways, that I to this day do not fathom and will not
But thanks for the condemnation. God gets the same all the time from flesh nature of people
I am in hope for me and you and all others also

God does just love us all 1 John 2:1-4, 12 the forgiveness reconciliation in 2 Cor 5:17-20

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
No, we must speak the truth, not assumption, when speaking of the God of the bible.

God is not a liar. Nowhere in the word of God do we see anything remotely of HIM coming asa woman. The Spirit of God who comes upon men and women and that is In us Doesn't make God a woman because he is in a woman by HIS Spirit.
That is profane thinking. Yes, women were made from man, But God was not.

Yes, it is true that God is a mystery, and we don't know all that He is fully. However, we can not say He is a woman when His words tell us He is NOT. I am not condemning anyone. But, if Telling the truth makes you FEEL condemned, that is your issue, not mine.

CS1

May 23, 2012
No limits, there you go, nonetherfore God can be whoever God desires to be can God not. Thanks

I am elated God makes your day too, thank you
God is Holy and Placed HIS word above HIS name, so God is not aman that HE should lie. WE know God has no Limits yet HE will not do what HE said he would in HIS word. To say God is a woman or can be is as unbiblical as men marrying men.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Me. I see to always seek for Gold Nuggets in everything, thanks there are Gold Nuggets, the same as in the movie "Magnum Force"

As Clint is walking away he states " a man has got to know there own limitations, have a great day
ever hear of 'fool's gold'? :sneaky:

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
The chapter 1 Cor 14 is a good one to read

1Co 14:9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.
1Co 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
1Co 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

Let all things be done unto edifying.

1Co 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

If your all speaking in tongues and no one knows the meaning, it is useless.

Jan 2, 2024
I think you have your John mixed up.

John, known as the Baptist, was a Prophet. He said in the gospel of John chapter ONE that THERE is one coming after him who will baptized with THe Holy Ghost.

There is no record of John the Baptist speaking in tongues in the word of God .
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is the proof that John The Baptist is Speaking in Tongues.

John the Baptist said he is Baptizing with Water.
Then every group in Christianity perform Baptism in Water.
To be specific, in Literal Water.
Despite of that, every group in Christianity have different Doctrines and way of Salvation.
Therefore: John The Baptist is not Baptizing with Literal Water but Spiritual Water (Speaking in Tongues of Water)

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
God is Holy and Placed HIS word above HIS name, so God is not aman that HE should lie. WE know God has no Limits yet HE will not do what HE said he would in HIS word. To say God is a woman or can be is as unbiblical as men marrying men.
Okay, thank you all get to believe as they choose, God is everything to me, thank you, not in a box ever, to me love you too

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
1Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2You know that when you were pagans, you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3Therefore I inform you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

4There are different gifts, but the same Spirit. 5There are different ministries, but the same Lord. 6There are different ways of working, but the same God works all things in all people. I Cor 12

1Earnestly pursue love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. 2For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men, but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries in the Spirit. 3But he who prophesies speaks to men for their edification, encouragement, and comfort. 4The one who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but the one who prophesies edifies the church.

That is your opinion. It is not what we find in scripture; the scriptures above say the opposite.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
To be Biblically correct here, I have yet to read where God or His Angels when encountering humans came to them in the form of a woman.
Even in Genesis 6 when the "fallen angels" came to the human women it specifically reads...
2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose.

Or when Gabriel was on his way to answer Daniels' prayer he said Michael, one of the "chief Princes"...and even includes Satan as a prince (of Persia).
13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days; but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I was left over there beside the kings of Persia.

So I am interested in this idealism about addressing God as a woman myself when the Bible is clear He's always Male.
Except for in Proverbs, she is wisdom sire her around your neck. then their are harlots as well.
God is not male or female, yet Son did come here in male form, yet born of woman not man. There is a lot of perplexity in the truth.
God sees the inside, we the people usually only see the outside
In Greek this female wisdom is Called Sophia from my studies, yet I know nothing as Father knows all, and loves us all. Otherwise Son would not have ever gone to that cross willingly without a flesh fight over it, you think?

Spirit and Truth is the call John 4:23-24 thank you to not be flesh prejudice anymore this I see to not put God in a box, thank you

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Except for in Proverbs, she is wisdom sire her around your neck. then their are harlots as well.
God is not male or female, yet Son did come here in male form, yet born of woman not man. There is a lot of perplexity in the truth.
God sees the inside, we the people usually only see the outside
In Greek this female wisdom is Called Sophia from my studies, yet I know nothing as Father knows all, and loves us all. Otherwise Son would not have ever gone to that cross willingly without a flesh fight over it, you think?

Spirit and Truth is the call John 4:23-24 thank you to not be flesh prejudice anymore this I see to not put God in a box, thank you
Are you talking about the woman of valour? You are saying the shabbat ritual on Friday's is God when the 1st star appears?
I take you do not understand the ritual or the meaning of the sages when they written Solomon's words.
It's a reference to we should view Wisdom like young men view and desire women.
It's merely a yiddish simile.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
No, we must speak the truth, not assumption, when speaking of the God of the bible.

God is not a liar. Nowhere in the word of God do we see anything remotely of HIM coming asa woman. The Spirit of God who comes upon men and women and that is In us Doesn't make God a woman because he is in a woman by HIS Spirit.
That is profane thinking. Yes, women were made from man, But God was not.

Yes, it is true that God is a mystery, and we don't know all that He is fully. However, we can not say He is a woman when His words tell us He is NOT. I am not condemning anyone. But, if Telling the truth makes you FEEL condemned, that is your issue, not mine.

Okay you right I am wrong, I am nothing thank you for the reminder, I need God in Spirit and Truth, known as wisdom in the Proverbs called her,

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Yet Jesus as One with God came here to earth through woman as a man, what is up with that, God is not limited to me and is to you as you are saying is according to what you write back to me
I am not here to argue over anything, you are better than me, thank you, I am nothing, God is everything thanks

CS1

May 23, 2012
The chapter 1 Cor 14 is a good one to read

1Co 14:9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.
1Co 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
1Co 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

1Co 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

you left out verse 14- 18 why?

14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

16 Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?

17 For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.

18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

CS1

May 23, 2012
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is the proof that John The Baptist is Speaking in Tongues.

John the Baptist said he is Baptizing with Water.
Then every group in Christianity perform Baptism in Water.
To be specific, in Literal Water.
Despite of that, every group in Christianity have different Doctrines and way of Salvation.
Therefore: John The Baptist is not Baptizing with Literal Water but Spiritual Water (Speaking in Tongues of Water)
That is complete conjecture. John said, "I Baptize with WATER. " John 1:26

In Mattew 3:11

John said, "I indeed baptize with water".

There is nothing used in the text or seen in the whole New Testament where it says, suggests, or mentions John the Baptist spoke in tongues. IT is not there.

What is affirmed in scripture is John was baptized in water and with water, BUT there was one coming who would baptize in the Holy Ghost and fire. John received the empowerment while he was in HiS Mother's womb when He Leaped for Joy and Elizabeth Prophesied.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Okay, thank you all get to believe as they choose, God is everything to me, thank you, not in a box ever, to me love you too
Truth matters. and God word is the truth. It tell us what we know about God and we should not say God is when His word doesn't say it.

Many people say, "God is everything to me." Well, that doesn't mean we make him everything that we think he could be when HIS word says clearly that he is not. Forget that. Do I make God what I want him to be?

no

CS1

May 23, 2012
Okay you right I am wrong, I am nothing thank you for the reminder, I need God in Spirit and Truth, known as wisdom in the Proverbs called her,
I am not not right , the word of God is. Don't agree with me read HIS words and see it for yourself.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Yet Jesus as One with God came here to earth through woman as a man, what is up with that, God is not limited to me and is to you as you are saying is according to what you write back to me
I am not here to argue over anything, you are better than me, thank you, I am nothing, God is everything thanks

Never said I am better than you or believe that. You failed to prove your point from the word of God because it is not in the word of God where God is a woman because HE has no limits. You are immature. You take the correction or what was presented as an attack and now try to use it for some kind of emotional trauma. You can't see what was said or want to so it has to be to you

one is saying you are nothing or one is saying they are better than you. Nope, I am not better than you, but you need to grow up.