If the two most important things in my life are the Word and the Prayer, why not begin a thread for that purpose. I know there are others but can there be too many prayer outlets?. I want to thank the Lord for answered prayer first off, and let people know I will be back as people set their needed and answered prayers in motion in here, Prayer warriors don't get enough credit sometimes. I make this thread on the basis of Hebrews 10:21-22; "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together , as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another, and all the more, as we see the day approaching."
I have had a hard time getting OK'ed for an apartment, I have been denied twice. Then after a city hunt for options, I was cleared for a dump of a place. I tried loving it, then settled for liking it, then wanted to be content despite it, that one I finally got...but as I was about to move in God stopped me. He had me think of a place I hadn't thought of, Just one of the very few in the city I hadn't considered. But it was too nice I thought, plus I was about to sign papers at hole in the wall suites..for lack of a better name... but I wanted a option out so I said OK let's see...
I went anyway, and as I went in, the lady in the office said they just had someone in the one bedroom say she was leaving but not until May 20th, saying it like I wouldn't be interested in the wait time... My divorce settlement has me moving out Jan 1st ...perfect timing. So I asked of the cost and details..It turned out the place was 10 dollars more than the box from hell I was about to move into. Plus it had all the amenities, plus in a perfect spot of town, plus a open feel, plus a very bright coloring and was so clean! It had 100 sq. ft more room and every room was larger.Plus storage and a carport, the other place did not have that.
I thought well thanks God now I am going to be crushed when they say no. They had a pretty strict registration policy and I said God I have already been denied like this why waste 40 bucks on the fee?
As I left the place and prayed about it.. He just kept on me...So I said fine, I hadn't yet left my deposit with the box from hell yet so I paid the 40 buck fee and tried my hope in Gods direction once again.. waited the 48 hr turn around to see if it cleared, now since my last rejection, I have paid many debts down, since I am alone now I am the better of the two of us in stewardship, just saying. So that was the only hope of improvement, my heart was so clear about this place and I had no real reason to think I should feel clear except the nature of the direction of the Spirit, and the way it fit perfectly unlike any other I had seen for 4 months prior. so I hoped for and prayed....., 48 hrs later, nothing!
So I forced myself to have faith still....until otherwise notified ...the next day I called fearing the outcome..they weren't there yet, even tho it was 15 minutes past their opening time for the office. So, I went about my life, and came back after God spoke to me about my fear over it.
I needed to not doubt,
...So I let my doubt go, and called again, expecting a yes...she answered live, and I asked if she had any news on my case..she hesitated and said smugly.. "Oh yeah, I needed to talk to you about that...." My old- self wanted to kick in immediately and say, ok thats the....... "we tried but we couldn't do it".. speech coming, but I sat on that response in Christ and waited it out...I could hear paper work shuffling and she said well you will need to bring that 500 dollars deposit in within 48 hrs..hesitate, and now louder It can't be cash either it must be a check or money order!"....or we will have to put it back up on the open market!!
...I was in shock, she never said I was approved, I went from hold to humbled joy in a second flat, all I wanted to do was hang up and scream in my room with joy and thanksgiving and go prone to the floor with tears, which I ended up doing , but I waited on the phone yet......
Then my concern for me shifted to my concern for her..It dawned on me what had happened...this woman has to receive and do the book work and get the money etc etc..her concerns were to just finish and cross the "T"'s.. I thought there must be many people who disappoint her in the transactions in life..I was so elated I ran down to her place immediately and paid her and even gave her three diet pops in thanks I was like: the river of life is flowing out of me...so I thought of Pop to give them.?? Hey I never said I was smart...smile....three in the office, three pops lucky guess? That was all I grabbed thinking of one.. I believe in even that God had a hand in..
. Wow, I couldn't help but wave the Jesus flag there. I just kept saying.. "yeah I am so grateful to God for this"...etc etc..they didn't appear to be Christians but they drank pop... so they sat patiently and received my testimony. I will rely on the Holy Spirit to plant the rest....smile.
So I wanted to thank God; I will move in and have two weeks before I have to move out of my current house. I have lived in my own house for 29 yrs, three different houses we bought during that time...always graduating to the greener grass move to the perfect 2.5 children life-style, yet now I am in poverty, kind of , and I am the happiest I have ever been in Christ. I want my wife back but that even God is healing. But even in that I pray for her happiness and Salvation with earnest intent.
I would love to hear this story if it were someone else, so I thought I would share my story with you all. Do unto other's as you would have them do unto you kind of thing....let's keep the prayers a flowin' Let's let that River of life flow out of us.. in and out- In:: for a specific need. Out: For a specific answered prayer...This thread should be full soon, that is my prayer in today! God bless Where two or more are gathered there I am also...
I have had a hard time getting OK'ed for an apartment, I have been denied twice. Then after a city hunt for options, I was cleared for a dump of a place. I tried loving it, then settled for liking it, then wanted to be content despite it, that one I finally got...but as I was about to move in God stopped me. He had me think of a place I hadn't thought of, Just one of the very few in the city I hadn't considered. But it was too nice I thought, plus I was about to sign papers at hole in the wall suites..for lack of a better name... but I wanted a option out so I said OK let's see...
I went anyway, and as I went in, the lady in the office said they just had someone in the one bedroom say she was leaving but not until May 20th, saying it like I wouldn't be interested in the wait time... My divorce settlement has me moving out Jan 1st ...perfect timing. So I asked of the cost and details..It turned out the place was 10 dollars more than the box from hell I was about to move into. Plus it had all the amenities, plus in a perfect spot of town, plus a open feel, plus a very bright coloring and was so clean! It had 100 sq. ft more room and every room was larger.Plus storage and a carport, the other place did not have that.
I thought well thanks God now I am going to be crushed when they say no. They had a pretty strict registration policy and I said God I have already been denied like this why waste 40 bucks on the fee?
As I left the place and prayed about it.. He just kept on me...So I said fine, I hadn't yet left my deposit with the box from hell yet so I paid the 40 buck fee and tried my hope in Gods direction once again.. waited the 48 hr turn around to see if it cleared, now since my last rejection, I have paid many debts down, since I am alone now I am the better of the two of us in stewardship, just saying. So that was the only hope of improvement, my heart was so clear about this place and I had no real reason to think I should feel clear except the nature of the direction of the Spirit, and the way it fit perfectly unlike any other I had seen for 4 months prior. so I hoped for and prayed....., 48 hrs later, nothing!
So I forced myself to have faith still....until otherwise notified ...the next day I called fearing the outcome..they weren't there yet, even tho it was 15 minutes past their opening time for the office. So, I went about my life, and came back after God spoke to me about my fear over it.
I needed to not doubt,
...So I let my doubt go, and called again, expecting a yes...she answered live, and I asked if she had any news on my case..she hesitated and said smugly.. "Oh yeah, I needed to talk to you about that...." My old- self wanted to kick in immediately and say, ok thats the....... "we tried but we couldn't do it".. speech coming, but I sat on that response in Christ and waited it out...I could hear paper work shuffling and she said well you will need to bring that 500 dollars deposit in within 48 hrs..hesitate, and now louder It can't be cash either it must be a check or money order!"....or we will have to put it back up on the open market!!
...I was in shock, she never said I was approved, I went from hold to humbled joy in a second flat, all I wanted to do was hang up and scream in my room with joy and thanksgiving and go prone to the floor with tears, which I ended up doing , but I waited on the phone yet......
Then my concern for me shifted to my concern for her..It dawned on me what had happened...this woman has to receive and do the book work and get the money etc etc..her concerns were to just finish and cross the "T"'s.. I thought there must be many people who disappoint her in the transactions in life..I was so elated I ran down to her place immediately and paid her and even gave her three diet pops in thanks I was like: the river of life is flowing out of me...so I thought of Pop to give them.?? Hey I never said I was smart...smile....three in the office, three pops lucky guess? That was all I grabbed thinking of one.. I believe in even that God had a hand in..
. Wow, I couldn't help but wave the Jesus flag there. I just kept saying.. "yeah I am so grateful to God for this"...etc etc..they didn't appear to be Christians but they drank pop... so they sat patiently and received my testimony. I will rely on the Holy Spirit to plant the rest....smile.
So I wanted to thank God; I will move in and have two weeks before I have to move out of my current house. I have lived in my own house for 29 yrs, three different houses we bought during that time...always graduating to the greener grass move to the perfect 2.5 children life-style, yet now I am in poverty, kind of , and I am the happiest I have ever been in Christ. I want my wife back but that even God is healing. But even in that I pray for her happiness and Salvation with earnest intent.
I would love to hear this story if it were someone else, so I thought I would share my story with you all. Do unto other's as you would have them do unto you kind of thing....let's keep the prayers a flowin' Let's let that River of life flow out of us.. in and out- In:: for a specific need. Out: For a specific answered prayer...This thread should be full soon, that is my prayer in today! God bless Where two or more are gathered there I am also...