[FONT="]"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." —2Timothy 1:7 KJV
Children are openly plagued by fear. In adults, fear intertwines with other emotions and manifests as anxiety, depression, or simply a lack of peace. The above verse promises us power, love, and a sound mind. Sometimes when I meditate on this verse, I will instantly feel an elevation into God's peace and a deliverance from fear of all kinds. I have required my children to memorize it so they can repeat it when they are afraid. I also have prayed it over myself, my kids, family, friends, and anyone who suffers from mental illness or feels stuck in a lack of peace. God is the Great Physician. He can heal even the worst mental illnesses, and He desires for us to enjoy His perfect peace. This verse is a powerful promise from our loving God.
[/FONT]
Children are openly plagued by fear. In adults, fear intertwines with other emotions and manifests as anxiety, depression, or simply a lack of peace. The above verse promises us power, love, and a sound mind. Sometimes when I meditate on this verse, I will instantly feel an elevation into God's peace and a deliverance from fear of all kinds. I have required my children to memorize it so they can repeat it when they are afraid. I also have prayed it over myself, my kids, family, friends, and anyone who suffers from mental illness or feels stuck in a lack of peace. God is the Great Physician. He can heal even the worst mental illnesses, and He desires for us to enjoy His perfect peace. This verse is a powerful promise from our loving God.
[/FONT]