Spiritual Dreams

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 28, 2018
Over the past year or two, I've had plenty of spiritual dreams. I think this place is the best way to share them. Keep in mind that some of these happened awhile ago, so I may have some small details confused.

In one of the dreams, me and my grandfather drove into a school's parking lot. I looked in the sky and saw numerous black objects, almost like black holes. Matter was swirling around the objects, which were now appearing across the entire sky. Suddenly, the scene of the dream changed. Me and my brother appeared in the sky, directly in front of one of the objects. We looked into it, and saw a large figure resembling Jesus Christ before the dream ended.

Another dream followed a dream-character through multiple locations. Thinking about him now, it was clear the man was an unbeliever. At one point, he was walking along a beach at night. Suddenly, a gigantic man appeared in the sky, again resembling our Lord. He was surrounded by a ring of stars, which were revealed to be angels serving him. One of the angels asked him if he was to gather all the people upon the earth. Jesus, answering him, said he was only to take those whose names were written in the Book of Life. At that point, the dream ended.

In another dream, I was looking out my window during the night. Outside, I saw a group of clown's approaching my house. At first, I though they were threatening and dangerous. However, I learned they were harmless and friendly, so I went outside to greet them. They asked for money and other goods for charity. Multiple people came from my house and gave them such things. Afterwards, I looked out my window and saw that the sun was rising, illuminating red clouds in the shape of the Lord's Cross.

Suddenly, the scene of the dream changed. I was sitting in a classroom. I looked down at a computer and saw a transcription of Revelation 1:7, among other text I couldn't make out.
During another dream, I was wondering around a barren landscape in what looked like an apocalyptic situation, filled with lightning and storms. Grotesque beasts surrounded the area, causing terror and destruction. One of them approached me, but it didn't harm me when I proclaimed the lordship and power of Christ before it.

In the latest dream, similar creatures were flying through the air, mocking the Church and its beliefs. However, a large beam of light emerged from the ground, shooting towards the sky. Immediately afterwards, all the beast vanished. The sky receded, as if it was violently ripped apart around the beam. When the sky disappeared, a large figure manifested.

It was unlike any of the other figures, as it was very inhuman. The best way I can describe the figure is as a humanoid made completely of stars and lightning, with a crown upon its head. It took up the whole sky in an instant, enveloping the whole Earth.

Does anyone have similar experiences to share? If so, I would love to hear them. I pray these dreams inspire and reinforce all of the Lord's children in some way.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
So, what does Jesus look like?

M

Miri

I have a lot of godly dreams. First thing I do is pray about them
then look up key words and the symbolism in the bible.

Most of the time God shows me what it is. Most of the time it’s either
about my own spiritual state or it is to show me something in the
bible I didn’t understand before. Other times they have been prophetic
in nature and come true.

Some I don’t know the full meaning of but as time goes by I get
little glimpses of their possible meaning and see things being fulfilled.

If you get a lot of dreams from God, the symbolism is often
repeated and the interpretation gets clearer.

These things may be different for other people but for me
I know now that dreams about my childhood house are
about my own spiritual state and walk with God.

The colour sky blue means the Holy Spirit is present.

Stairs are about looking higher, going higher. Another level to seek
out.

Dogs mean Satan, demonic attack, in my case both physical and spiritual.

For example In one dream I was in the street and a large black dog came
running up behind me. It went to bite the back of my leg but as It did I saw
it only had one tooth. It’s tooth fell out and in the dream, I felt it was a toothless
dog, it looked harmful but it had been disarmed.

Then a few days later in real life, I was going to church one Sunday and went to the bus stop.
No one else was around as it was early Sunday morning. As I walked i saw a large
Akita running wildly up and down the other side of the road. It came to my
side so I crossed over the road. Then it came over the road again so I started
to cross back to avoid it. Suddenly it darted towards me running full speed.
I remembered the dream and prayed that it was a toothless dog and wouldn’t
harm me. I decided not to look at it and ignore it. Then it ran right up to me
and bumped its nose against the back of my leg and shot off!

It ran so quick at first I didn’t see where it went, then I saw it running across some
fields further down the road. Phew!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Come close to words before you. I am not here to judge nor offend, as each must live with
their own 'happenings'. From this side of the 'glass' ...my personal spiritual 'enlightenment'
forever changed my life, over two decades ago...this I know to be. Many things have and are
revealed through the Holy Spirit 'presence' within my 'consciousness'...things on my own, never
would think of...spiritual 'awareness' within can never be or intended to be physically exposed
to impress or boast of great human 'encounters' in human 'dreams' with the Divine Spirit. For,
spiritual 'awareness' are God's Divine 'Inspiration' of ones own individual soul of being....and,
only to share accordingly in hopes of encouraging other lives...no more...no less.
Make no mistake, most always, ones physical and materialistic surrounding environments encourage
and are filtered into unexplainable 'human dreams'...normally of no realistic or pertinent
tangible worthiness in real life...human 'dreams' may be explained in some way by ones own thoughts...
whereas I believe, spiritual 'awareness' has to be lived each day in attitude and behavior....
and...by the grace of God.".......:)
'Praise God'......~"Mirror Mirror on the wall...what is it that YOU see."~ :)

Attachments

Oct 28, 2018
So, what does Jesus look like?
In the dreams? Normal, middle-eastern man. Except he was extremely large and appeared in the sky. Not sure if I am supposed to interpret that appearance literally, though.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
In the dreams? Normal, middle-eastern man. Except he was extremely large and appeared in the sky. Not sure if I am supposed to interpret that appearance literally, though.
Thanks for that. Almost every church I've been in has a painting of Jesus looking like a handsome Caucasian dude with pale skin.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I've never seen Him in a dream, but once, when I was on my face praying, I looked up and saw His foot. I knew it was Him, and I couldn't look up to see more though I wanted to, because I felt so unworthy.

M

Miri

I've never seen Him in a dream, but once, when I was on my face praying, I looked up and saw His foot. I knew it was Him, and I couldn't look up to see more though I wanted to, because I felt so unworthy.

I’ve seen his legs/feet too. He was wearing linen white trousers and sandals.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I’ve seen Satan too - complete polar opposites.
Now that one I've seen and heard. He likes to hang out around natives, because they don't believe in him or God.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Once I have had a dream while I was still in high school. In this dream I saw this giant hand in the sky outside my window. If I called for my mom or sister the hand would start to go back into the clouds or something. But when I would call out " Jesus" the hand came closer and closer down to my window until I saw this beam of light come out from this hand. As I watched this in the dream I was interested but also a bit nervous feeling. I am not sure if it means anything.

In a different dream with a hand in the sky there was this hand I saw that had black fingernail polish on while I was riding in the car. This hand was just hanging there and not moving down or up or anything.

I think I had these two dreams in the same night and don't know if they are connected in meaning or if they mean anything at all.

7seasrekeyed

Thanks for that. Almost every church I've been in has a painting of Jesus looking like a handsome Caucasian dude with pale skin.
yup

blue eyed and all

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The different peoples of the world seem to portray Him in their own likeness, perhaps just as G-d provided he look as they did in the ME at that time, Emmanuel-G-d with us.
best wishes

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Once I have had a dream while I was still in high school. In this dream I saw this giant hand in the sky outside my window. If I called for my mom or sister the hand would start to go back into the clouds or something. But when I would call out " Jesus" the hand came closer and closer down to my window until I saw this beam of light come out from this hand. As I watched this in the dream I was interested but also a bit nervous feeling. I am not sure if it means anything.

In a different dream with a hand in the sky there was this hand I saw that had black fingernail polish on while I was riding in the car. This hand was just hanging there and not moving down or up or anything.

I think I had these two dreams in the same night and don't know if they are connected in meaning or if they mean anything at all.
Hello CherieR,

Yes, your dreams are connected. God was showing you the difference between the works of God and the works of man. He was wanting you to make a decision.

Hands usually mean "works." The first Hand you saw was God's. He has a work for you to do but, you'll need to depend ONLY on Him, not your family. He's calling you to Himself and to His plan for your life.

You're in your family home and looking out the window into the sky. He's giving you eyes to see and understand spiritual things. The more you call out to Jesus, the closer He comes to you. Eventually you see light. When you see the light, you will understand His plan and work He has for you. Keep calling Him, don't let fear hold you back.

The other dream is about the works of man. This hand is also in the sky so, it appears that it is godly works or spiritual works but, it is not.

Instead of light, it has black fingernail polish representing darkness. You're in motion is this dream, riding in a car. The hand you saw doing nothing is a warning that you're moving in a direction that goes nowhere and is not of God.

I'm not sure what you're going through but, God has told you in your dream what to do......................call out to Jesus and He will come closer to you and eventually you will see light and understand.

No fear. God loves you and has a beautiful plan for your life. You are loved very much! :love:(y)

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Hello CherieR,

Yes, your dreams are connected. God was showing you the difference between the works of God and the works of man. He was wanting you to make a decision.

Hands usually mean "works." The first Hand you saw was God's. He has a work for you to do but, you'll need to depend ONLY on Him, not your family. He's calling you to Himself and to His plan for your life.

You're in your family home and looking out the window into the sky. He's giving you eyes to see and understand spiritual things. The more you call out to Jesus, the closer He comes to you. Eventually you see light. When you see the light, you will understand His plan and work He has for you. Keep calling Him, don't let fear hold you back.

The other dream is about the works of man. This hand is also in the sky so, it appears that it is godly works or spiritual works but, it is not.

Instead of light, it has black fingernail polish representing darkness. You're in motion is this dream, riding in a car. The hand you saw doing nothing is a warning that you're moving in a direction that goes nowhere and is not of God.

I'm not sure what you're going through but, God has told you in your dream what to do......................call out to Jesus and He will come closer to you and eventually you will see light and understand.

No fear. God loves you and has a beautiful plan for your life. You are loved very much! :love:(y)
That is an interesting interpretation. Someone else I talked to gave a bit different interpretation of it. I know Scripture talks about the right hand of God as in saving. Thank you for your post it was interesting to read.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Hello CherieR,

Those dreams I had were in high school. I had a lot of trouble with anxiety and panic attacks then. I also struggled with assurance of salvation and many times praying for salvation.

Nowadays anxiety is still something that I deal with pretty much on a daily basis in different degrees. Sometimes more on mild side such as tension and other times stronger. I would like to be more independent and be able to move out. I am not always so encouraged about it as at times I may view becoming independent with some pessimism. And yet there are many who have done just that and are ok. And I know God can help me as well.

In regards to assurance of salvation, I have had some up and down moments somewhat recently. Some moments really happy and encouraged about, other times not so much. I would like that joy and peace to stay but I keep on having questions. But where I am with that has improved since when I was in high school. The reason I say that is one or more times while I was in high school still I did not think I was going to heaven. I actually felt the opposite at least once that I may have been doomed to hell. At least now I have some hope in my heart about heaven. The degree of hope for me may vary because of questions or reading encouraging words from Scripture. I wish I could find an answer to the questioning that would settle it once for all still I believe God can meet me in the uncertainty.

May 16, 2019
i once had a dream,dont no if it is considered a spiritual dream ,i got this girl pregnant i was in love with her many years before,but when i got her pregnant well love had now become lust,she was a stripper now and i really didint want to marry her anymore.but i had made a deal with god when i was younger that i would have one wife and one family and he would find them for me,so for to 2 years went to all kind of prayer meetings an anything i could find with people who were want to be prophets waiting for gods answer but no answers but one night god answered in person,this was my dream i was walking some where in the middle east and i seen a man from his back and i said you are jesus and he said yes i am he,why have you waited so long to answer my prayer,should i marry her,and he turned around and said ,because she is not going to make it.and he vanished and i found my self walking along a beach with a lady from a prayer group that i went to every week and then birds started to fall out of the sky to the ground and the sky became really dark and i told the lady i think this is the end of the world ha,and she started freaking out and seemed really panicked,and i woke up.so when i went to my prayer meeting i waited for every one to leave ,the meeting was in her house great lady she was,and i asked her why do you fear the end of the world,and she looked at me with aw and said there are 2 of us who knew this, no we are 3 there is me and you and god,and said what ever you saw or heard believe it.well of course i didnt listen and i married her well that lasted 2 months and we got a divorced so that was my dream,