Spiritual Meaning(Survey)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
Genesis 9
3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof,which isthe blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

What does this mean to you spiritually? What did the spirit told you?

Excluding other verses that links to this verse and excluding the literal meaning of this verse.
Don't eat things that still have life. . . a will to live.

I would offer. . . the life of the flesh in in the blood but blood alone offers no spirit .Christ suffered a living sacrifice .

Jun 2, 2019
this makes a lot of sense

the Bible is full of typology though. like analogies, or metaphors - for example the brass serpent raised up on a pole that all who looked to it were healed from their deadly snakebites. if i looked at that, excluding everything else in the Bible, how likely am i to interpret the meaning of it wrong? there's a simple, literal meaning - yeah, they literally were bitten by some kind of serpent, and yeah they literally were healed just by looking. but this is an awesome picture of Christ; He says so Himself in John 3, and i have to know more about the gospel, about Him crucified, and about all the implications of that and how salvation works, to see the spiritual meaning. so i'm connected all over the new testament immediately, and to Genesis 3, and lots of other places the deeper i dig.

i understand your intent tho. easy to get derailed, and you didn't come here & ask to hear about the literal meaning of Genesis 9 because it's really straightforward.

thanks. i'm still thinking about the verse. :)
knew it without proper constructed sentence you won't be able to understand what i just said sorry but not fluent to english and i seldom speak in it

but what i meant is that i am not gonna get derailed i am just asking what it meant to you spiritually if you exclude other verse for me to compare your answer to other people's answer

i know the true meaning of it if i look at other verses so i am just telling you don't have to worry about me getting derailed i already know the answer i am just asking for your opinion

Jun 2, 2019
I was mostly referring to threads where it has been days and the person is a new poster or doesn't post often.

Rough thing to go through. My grandfather had COPD and toward the end he was almost like a different person. I still was able to "see" him if that makes sense and I still felt when he said something...despite how judgemental/mean it seemed I still looked past it and saw his heart and the urgency and frustration he felt.

Idk if you went through that but it was less of a shock when I encountered it the 2nd time with another older man.
yeah whatever if you have a problem with me it's too easy to create a new account with vpn easy to create a new typing style just saying you wouldn't have an idea it would be me

anyway let's forget about this

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Genesis 9
3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof,which isthe blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

What does this mean to you spiritually? What did the spirit told you?

Excluding other verses that links to this verse and excluding the literal meaning of this verse.
What gives "LIFE" to you?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Look, we live in the Physcial Realm - there is NO LIFE here! In relationships or work, or hobbies, etc.......NO LIFE HERE ON PLANET EARTH as we know it......

We have to find life some place else - The Heavenly Realm...... seated with Christ Jesus in Heavenly Places.....

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I'm so DONE with Planet Earth.....beam me up Scotty!!!

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
After the flood, the whole of the creation is tainted by the fall. The blood of man and beast would carry life, but also death. Disease.

Is how I see it.