Spiritual nonsense and dealing with it

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 12, 2020
You speak of Scripture, yet you dismissively spoke of the Scripture we have and placed it on the same level as Marcion. Looking to the world we are bound to be deceived unless we are guided by revelation which is the written corpus of the Bi

You call it a collection of traditions and that's precisely why we have no common ground. It is not mere tradition, tradition can be disposed of and taken piecemeal. To not recognize it as the very word of God is nothing more than pretext to build your own idol dressed up in Biblical terminologies.
The bible has been to me a fellowship tool. /in every way, wheteher from false motives or true, christ is preached. Everything said about christs death should have brought about a 180 turn in from men, individually to the level of society. Every person should see themselves in christs words and recognize the tragedy in his ministry and death and in 2000 years, we should be alot closer to our goal of a planet full of god children than we are having recognized the truth, I am in you and you are in me and i am in the father. Instead, we are still witch-hunting, finger-pointing and responding to concern with supercilious condescension.

Do as they say but dont do as they do, for they do not practice what they preach. To those who think we will fix our problems via scripture- every abberence we see is a sin to be punished by god thru us, in our mind we know we are oppressed, in christs ministry you can see this firsthand when the israelites refuse to stone the adulterous woman themselves (neither does christ) any action he presents confirms the idea we are oppressed and now, which testament did he reference when healing, manifesting bread, not go tell john people can see/ hear. I mean to say, if fixing our society were to come from the text, why did he not reference it? Only a reminder, love god, love brother. 2000 years of this and i am concerned, when i ask the questions the world gives me and hear wait for the lord wait for the lord wait for the lord faith faith faith, we wait for the very damn ending we were told we would get in the bible. And it doesn't speak to my mind as the will of god anymore than hanging christ on a cross does.

Aug 12, 2020
JCollins, it is time for you to admit that your are CLUELESS about biblical matters. Once you admit it, the Christians here will be willing to help you get on track.
Its not with biblical matters i am concerned. You can't fix it with an eraser, only change it.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Its not with biblical matters i am concerned. You can't fix it with an eraser, only change it.
what @Nehemiah6 means is illustrated here: you do not know what a real eraser is; you only know false so-called ones.
you don't believe the word, so you can't know it, but only use it wrongly, thinking it isn't what it is.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Everything said about christs death should have brought about a 180 turn in from men, individually to the level of society. Every person should see themselves in christs words and recognize the tragedy in his ministry and death and in [...]
Deuteronomy 21 -

22 If a man has committed a sin worthy of death, and he is executed, and you hang his body on a tree, 23 you must not leave the body on the tree overnight, but you must be sure to bury him that day, because anyone who is hung on a tree is under God’s curse.

[this is the reason Peter says what he does to "ye men of Israel" in Acts 3 ;) ]

Apr 2, 2020
The bible has been to me a fellowship tool. /in every way, wheteher from false motives or true, christ is preached. Everything said about christs death should have brought about a 180 turn in from men, individually to the level of society. Every person should see themselves in christs words and recognize the tragedy in his ministry and death and in 2000 years, we should be alot closer to our goal of a planet full of god children than we are having recognized the truth, I am in you and you are in me and i am in the father. Instead, we are still witch-hunting, finger-pointing and responding to concern with supercilious condescension.

Do as they say but dont do as they do, for they do not practice what they preach. To those who think we will fix our problems via scripture- every abberence we see is a sin to be punished by god thru us, in our mind we know we are oppressed, in christs ministry you can see this firsthand when the israelites refuse to stone the adulterous woman themselves (neither does christ) any action he presents confirms the idea we are oppressed and now, which testament did he reference when healing, manifesting bread, not go tell john people can see/ hear. I mean to say, if fixing our society were to come from the text, why did he not reference it? Only a reminder, love god, love brother. 2000 years of this and i am concerned, when i ask the questions the world gives me and hear wait for the lord wait for the lord wait for the lord faith faith faith, we wait for the very damn ending we were told we would get in the bible. And it doesn't speak to my mind as the will of god anymore than hanging christ on a cross does.
We wait because we know in the end all will be made right. To deny that the cross is the will of God is entirely to miss the gospel in its entirety.

I sense you are earnestly seeking so perhaps you will one day see the justice that is present in the cross and how through it culpability is established by sin becoming full sinfulness. As it stands now you're struggling to understand in your own power things that are left to God.

The grain of wheat only produces life when it dies, and so it must.

Mar 28, 2016
it is The Son of Man which came down from heaven and is in heaven

John 3:13
No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, [that is,] the Son of Man who is in heaven.

Can you explain why He doesn't say 'Son of God' here? Seems like your view needs Him to...?

Also here:

Acts 7:55-56
But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, "Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!"

Thanks .I can try.

We know corruption. . what the eyes see, flesh and blood, could never enter heaven.

God did not come to earth prior to the birth of His mother Mary. Born of woman as the son of man Not the Son of God who has no beginning. which is the unseen power that worked from within Jesus. The work or power of the Holy Spirit.
Jesus had no power. He did not perform the will of his flesh that he inherited from his mother.

Jesus is an created being "flesh and blood".. . (God Is Spirit) Flesh and blood returns to the dust to show it was under the wrath of God .

And when he left (2 Corinthians 5:16) he informed us that although some did know Him by what the eyes see, the temporal . The one time propmised demonstration of the father and the son working as one . . was over. A person can look for anticipating another demonstration .But only one work with the father not seen and the Son of man seen was propmised .

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Mankind cannot know God by walking by sight . When He works in and with us He must give us His understanding.

The Spirit of Christ the Holy Spirit came in visons or a theophany like Melchezedek (our High priest continually without beginning or end.(Hebrew 7) But never as the Son of man had he appeared in corrupted flesh and blood prior to be born of woman.

It was a must to fulfil the flesh and blood prophecies (Isaiah 53) requiring corrupted flesh for the one time demonstration of the lamb who had been slain from the foundation . A theophany could not do what the letter of the law "death" could not do give life. Strength of the Father poured out on powerless flesh of the Son of man

Romans 8:2-4 King James Version (KJV) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Just as the Father pours out his Spirit on our flesh in the same way he poured it out on the one time demonstration to the world .

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

This was to show us the things of the flesh do not profit and what does profit is a new born again spirit life. The new bodies are coming.

One thing I have been looking at is the use of the words "Son of God" singular and "sons of God" plural

Jesus is called "Son of God," the first born of God from above with many brothers and sisters . While followers of Jesus are called, "sons of God"

The term "son of God" is used in the Bible as another way of referring to humans with special relationships with God. In Exodus the nation of Israel are called sons of God. Believers are called sons of God in 1st. John 3.

Son of man speak of the corrupted flesh of men. Flesh and blood what the eye is signified as sinful .It was needed to fulfil the prophecy. The Son of of God not seen was propmised he would come as the Son of man. For a one time demonstration .

God never became a man but his Spirit continues to work in mankind.

Mar 28, 2016
it is The Son of Man which came down from heaven and is in heaven

John 3:13
No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, [that is,] the Son of Man who is in heaven.

Can you explain why He doesn't say 'Son of God' here? Seems like your view needs Him to...?

Also here:

Acts 7:55-56
But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, "Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!"
No one can see the face of God (glory) he has no literal form . It was simply a vision created in the mind of the prophet .

It spoke of looking back the promise one time demonstration . Just as the old tesetemmt saints by faith looked ahead.
The veil is rent.

I think you could say like the renting of the veil it was used to represent the circumcision of the first born . When the holy of Holies was revealed there was no man siting in the place of God. God is not a man . God is Spirit, he remains without mother or father beginning of Spirit life or end thereof. .

Why put a literal face on Him ? How could that aid in walking by faith (the unseen eternal) ?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Why put a literal face on Him ?
Let's find out

Revelation 22:3-4
And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. They shall see His face, and His name [shall be] on their foreheads.

Apr 15, 2017
The Bible is the most popular book in the history of mankind.

Many people believe it is the truth, many people believe it has partial truth, many people doubt the Bible but still say it could be true, religions interpret it according to their religion, and Islam says the Quran is the last book of the Bible but do not believe all of the Bible.

And many people have a belief that is not part of the Bible, and it becomes their foundation for the interpretation of scriptures.

And many more people of the other religions are believing the Bible as having partial truth because of many people trying to harmonize the religions which the Bible is included, and United Religions, headquarters San Francisco.

And there is more different beliefs in the world today than years ago so there will be many different beliefs of the Bible, and many people interpreting scriptures according to those different beliefs.

There was no new age movement interpretation of the Bible until evolution came out and became popular, and eventually caused atheists, and then the occult started thinking that we are still evolving which then became atheists but spiritual, and then Jesus is not Lord and Savior, but evolved to be an ascended master, and then there will be a final teacher the New Age Christ who will evolve to be greater than Jesus, and all who follow him will evolve.

Which God warns us of the new age movement, 1 Timothy 4:1-5, 2 Timothy 4:2-4, which will pave the way to the New Age Christ kingdom in Revelation 13.

The Roman Catholic Church did not get rid of their occult, pagan ways, and it became their foundation for interpreting scriptures, and the Pope and Vatican will change to the new age movement interpretation of the Bible, which when the New Age Christ pushes the agenda of the new age movement to prepare the world for when he claims to be God the Pope and Vatican will go along with it for it is the world's belief now, and the time will come they will not want to hear the truth of the Bible, but hear it according to their own lusts to evolve to be spiritual, and no personal God.

Which the Roman Catholic Church can change like that for their foundation is of the occult, and paganism.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
God never became a man but his Spirit continues to work in mankind.
So you believe it is perfectly okay to contradict Scripture? "God never became a man"??? Where do you come up with your BIZARRE THEOLOGY?

Mar 28, 2016
So you believe it is perfectly okay to contradict Scripture? "God never became a man"??? Where do you come up with your BIZARRE THEOLOGY?

I am hoping I am getting my theology from following the loving Commandment to study rightly dividing the parables so that I might seek the approval of the teacher who work with us in us.

He warns us of those who say we need am man to teach . We can learn from men but never are to seek the approval of their private interpretations.

Our fingerprints called private interpretations. bizarre differences.

Contradict or have a different opinion other than that of yourself?

He is still God.

God is Spirit. God is Light. God is Love.

Nothing changes nothing. God is not man .He lives in man and other creature. The breath of spirit life. No spirit no life.

By looking at a image, could that increase ones faith or is faith in respect to things not seen the eternal things of God?

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

When did the yet now begin in the verse above? And how long are we not to think of God as a man seen ? Is there another promised demonstration?

Aug 12, 2020
Deuteronomy 21 -

22 If a man has committed a sin worthy of death, and he is executed, and you hang his body on a tree, 23 you must not leave the body on the tree overnight, but you must be sure to bury him that day, because anyone who is hung on a tree is under God’s curse.

[this is the reason Peter says what he does to "ye men of Israel" in Acts 3 ;) ]
Are you justifying christs death as gods wishes?

Aug 12, 2020
JCollins, it is time for you to admit that your are CLUELESS about biblical matters. Once you admit it, the Christians here will be willing to help you get on track.
Anathama is the word you are looking for, and im sorry you don't agree with me saying, i dont know what changes must be made to fix the problems we face, does your wisdom tell you anything helpful?

Aug 12, 2020
Notice...

That's Jesus in heaven. no distinction between Jesus and Christ, they are exactly one and the same.
Notice- that is a man one second from death, which is where our enemy wants us be when we find hope.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Anathama is the word you are looking for...
Not really. Anathema means accursed. Not clueless. Big difference. As to priorities, we must put God's priorities first. And the Bible presents them to us.

Aug 12, 2020
we were already dead when Hope found us, and quickened us.
You say the teachings of christ are a two edged sword, as the bible do. "And a sword will pierce your own soul as well" Now take as an example the epiphany of christ to paul. Did christ cut him to pieces using the laws of the israelites or did he not unscramble his brain by restoring his morality/logic/fellowship principles so that he could be a walking example of what christ is? For any who serve the testament as paul did produce the fruit he did and deny the christ law in hisself leaving a trail of suffering and bloodshed. Paul was a victim. Paul was oppressed. Christ restored him. So if you had lived in you sin and served the god of the living then you would have been put to death, in a sense, but not destroyed. Call Paul a child of the devil if you like, then understand what it was about paul christ destroyed, then walk outside and look around and ask yourself, which of these are the children of the devil who were not created by God? The war is for the souls of men, but for any one of these he will search, and if oppression in manifest in behavior and is observable then those who do not make peace, are not pure in heart, those who betray, those who destroy, are called devil children so they might be, i dunno, ostracized, imprisoned, beaten, killed by men at the behest of someone who sows oppression but if noone can serve two masters, then the destroyer cannot create life.

Aug 12, 2020
Not really. Anathema means accursed. Not clueless. Big difference. As to priorities, we must put God's priorities first. And the Bible presents them to us.
A formal curse by a learned person to an ignorant one, racca, fool. The curse is waiting outside for us both. You, however, say your understanding of the bible justifies the problems you see around you. This was Gods' plan? Oppression, ostracization and stratification disdain, murder and rape? These are the working of the evil one the bible warns against. There are no murderers, their are no rapists there is no hate there is no violence, there is only the desire to see men fail, or to see men succeed. I have been called deceived in these chat rooms, but educate me on how to be a holy conduit of destruction, for who would stand before God and charge him with wrongdoing?

This is the plan for the whole world. The earth will be totally plundered and destroyed. The kingdoms of the world have become the kingdoms of the lord and his christ

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

if He is the Son of God what is He made of?
if He's the son of Man what is He made of?

is He divided? He's not divided; in that day One Shepherd, and His name, One.

if God is His Father and Mary bore Him what is He made of?