Spiritual Rest

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seanoflongbeach

Well-known member
Aug 14, 2025
483
277
63
Long Beach
www.lnk.bio
Some days I feel too tired to continue.

What is this spiritual rest I keep hearing about that isn’t physical rest? “Resting in Him” …the spiritual rest that comes from His finished works…?

Is resting in Him basically stopping my works for Him? …is ”resting in Him” aka reading my Bible?

I know it’s late but lately I’ve just been tired all the time and all day, where it is so hard to get any work in.

it’s been so hard to work that a simple domain name transfer is hard on me.
 
Do you need vitamins?
I have older friends who really get fatigued if they aren't up in their vitamins.
You photo looked young, but we know the standard American diet is pretty horrible and each of us might need nutritional support.
best wishes
 
  • Like
Reactions: seanoflongbeach
Do you need vitamins?
I have older friends who really get fatigued if they aren't up in their vitamins.
You photo looked young, but we know the standard American diet is pretty horrible and each of us might need nutritional support.
best wishes

I probably need to get a multivitamin…I am 37, so it is probably that time to start… I also don’t get enough sun.
 
  • Like
Reactions: shittim
Some days I feel too tired to continue.

What is this spiritual rest I keep hearing about that isn’t physical rest? “Resting in Him” …the spiritual rest that comes from His finished works…?

Is resting in Him basically stopping my works for Him? …is ”resting in Him” aka reading my Bible?

I know it’s late but lately I’ve just been tired all the time and all day, where it is so hard to get any work in.

it’s been so hard to work that a simple domain name transfer is hard on me.

I probably need to get a multivitamin…I am 37, so it is probably that time to start… I also don’t get enough sun.


If your fatigue goes on for too long, please visit your doctor. It might be something else.

And that sun thing! Go out there and soak in some vitamin D. It's free! :geek:


🚞
 
I probably need to get a multivitamin…I am 37, so it is probably that time to start… I also don’t get enough sun.
Yes! Vitamin D is a pretty important one, I have read Health Alliance is a pretty good brand.
Magnesium oxide is used a lot because it is cheap, but has only about 10% absorption, I have a Magnesium L-Threonine that is MUCH better, it is the only magnesium that crosses the blood/brain barrier, just a short time after taking you will notice the brain working better(y)(y)(y):):unsure::coffee:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edward429451
Heard it that if you add a vitamin to the routine for about 5 days, and feel better keep taking it. Prescription meds might affect needs as well.
 
Spiritual rest for me is letting God do His work to conform me to His Son. I used to struggle trying to obey Him because I didn't know or understand His power to work in me.

But He laid on my heart to trust Him and not resist the changes He's working in me and I find that it's been much easier to obey Him and not give in to temptations.

It isn't a complete change overnight, there's still a lot of work for God to do in me, but He's happy with the progress. As long as I don't resist His work or get in the way of it, it been really great to have this peace being with God.

God really is amazing!


🚞
 
Yes! Vitamin D is a pretty important one, I have read Health Alliance is a pretty good brand.
Magnesium oxide is used a lot because it is cheap, but has only about 10% absorption, I have a Magnesium L-Threonine that is MUCH better, it is the only magnesium that crosses the blood/brain barrier, just a short time after taking you will notice the brain working better(y)(y)(y):):unsure::coffee:

I think we have that magnesium l-threonine…I could be wrong though.

Thanks for the tip!
 
Spiritual rest for me is letting God do His work to conform me to His Son. I used to struggle trying to obey Him because I didn't know or understand His power to work in me.

But He laid on my heart to trust Him and not resist the changes He's working in me and I find that it's been much easier to obey Him and not give in to temptations.

It isn't a complete change overnight, there's still a lot of work for God to do in me, but He's happy with the progress. As long as I don't resist His work or get in the way of it, it been really great to have this peace being with God.

God really is amazing!


🚞

Thanks for sharing @2ndTimeIsTheCharm

That was my original thought when creating this post but I saw that @Gideon300 already created a post about that on Saturday.

I have to go to God if I give into temptations and basically start over from square one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2ndTimeIsTheCharm
Yes! Vitamin D is a pretty important one, I have read Health Alliance is a pretty good brand.
Magnesium oxide is used a lot because it is cheap, but has only about 10% absorption, I have a Magnesium L-Threonine that is MUCH better, it is the only magnesium that crosses the blood/brain barrier, just a short time after taking you will notice the brain working better(y)(y)(y):):unsure::coffee:

EXCUSE ME! really goofed on that, Nature Made, was the brand.
 
I find spiritual rest when I take time to just soak in christian music and just be with God I talk to him express myself and think about his love for me and seek to know his heart his thoughts what is his favorite color what is his favorite kind of ice cream if he has ever had it you know just random things silly questions but I always enjoy being with him and this for me is my spiritual rest to just be still and know him
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lifted_by_the_word
And maintain a healthy weight via exercise, mainly push-aways.
(Stepping on the scales daily :^)
 
I noticed that a combo of omega 3,6,9 , methal vitamin B complex, a high dose of vitamin D, magnesium complex powder has me way more alert.

I think walking would be a good start around the neighborhood.

I have nothing but time right now to get my body and brain working again.

I’ll probably go walking in 2 hours (making it a habit to walk at 5am)
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2ndTimeIsTheCharm
Is resting in Him basically stopping my works for Him? …is ”resting in Him” aka reading my Bible?

Resting in the done work, that is done by Son for us all to believe and stand in, (willing belief) death, burial as proof died, then the new in the risen Son, for us to learn new from being under Law, the Old Testament, and our growing up here on earth of rewards and punishment. I at least now see and chose to be willing to do Love and mercy given me from God to all. Not see it as under Law from God, anymore, thanks to the done work of Son for us all on that cross done once for us all. Now, seeing the fight, living in these (This) unredeemed physical body of mine, we each are first birthed in of flesh and blood from sex of man and woman. A Perplexity, between Soul and flesh, one leads, then the other in through thought(s). Just as yourself said, you are tired very tired trying to do what no other flesh can do, yet want to do, yet can't, yet still want and still do part time, not all the time. Then do not do again and again, over and over. tired and many decide to give up, others do not.

If this is you, as I am reading from your post, best I can say is:
Do not give up on God, give up on self trying to work it out, and others for you as well
Phil 3:1-20, between God and you sussing this out, you will figure it out, therefore ask, trust God to reveal those passages to you from Paul, who is telling me at least to not be proud, to put no trust in any work I do as if that gets me in Heaven and at rest. That did not work for him. So he tells us, not only there yet in each Epistle he wrote. everywhere. So ask in trust to God from within you and trust You will know, not right away, wait, and one day, little or a lot later you will hear truth over error. God loves us all, includes you, the fight to know stresses people out, yet once anyone breaks through to know you simply will know and be at peace too. Galatians 6 a good Chapter, verses 7-9 says to not quit, best to read the whole chapter to stay in context, for me
On another note, have you checked on your physical medical condition?
The Body whenever sick, gets tired out as well
Please get checked out, blood test, might help to help you get better physical health and enough sleep in between
Trusting the best for you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: seanoflongbeach
Resting in the done work, that is done by Son for us all to believe and stand in, (willing belief) death, burial as proof died, then the new in the risen Son, for us to learn new from being under Law, the Old Testament, and our growing up here on earth of rewards and punishment. I at least now see and chose to be willing to do Love and mercy given me from God to all. Not see it as under Law from God, anymore, thanks to the done work of Son for us all on that cross done once for us all. Now, seeing the fight, living in these (This) unredeemed physical body of mine, we each are first birthed in of flesh and blood from sex of man and woman. A Perplexity, between Soul and flesh, one leads, then the other in through thought(s). Just as yourself said, you are tired very tired trying to do what no other flesh can do, yet want to do, yet can't, yet still want and still do part time, not all the time. Then do not do again and again, over and over. tired and many decide to give up, others do not.

If this is you, as I am reading from your post, best I can say is:
Do not give up on God, give up on self trying to work it out, and others for you as well
Phil 3:1-20, between God and you sussing this out, you will figure it out, therefore ask, trust God to reveal those passages to you from Paul, who is telling me at least to not be proud, to put no trust in any work I do as if that gets me in Heaven and at rest. That did not work for him. So he tells us, not only there yet in each Epistle he wrote. everywhere. So ask in trust to God from within you and trust You will know, not right away, wait, and one day, little or a lot later you will hear truth over error. God loves us all, includes you, the fight to know stresses people out, yet once anyone breaks through to know you simply will know and be at peace too. Galatians 6 a good Chapter, verses 7-9 says to not quit, best to read the whole chapter to stay in context, for me
On another note, have you checked on your physical medical condition?
The Body whenever sick, gets tired out as well
Please get checked out, blood test, might help to help you get better physical health and enough sleep in between
Trusting the best for you.

Thanks for sharing @homwardbound

I think you are talking about grace by faith which I have.

I think my problem is straying from remaining with the father and gaining approval from man, which I’m getting better at remaining with the father.

I’ll read the verses you recommended.

I have been taking needed vitamins now, as well as physically walking in the neighborhood; so we’re making progress.
 
Thanks for sharing @homwardbound

I think you are talking about grace by faith which I have.

I think my problem is straying from remaining with the father and gaining approval from man, which I’m getting better at remaining with the father.

I’ll read the verses you recommended.

I have been taking needed vitamins now, as well as physically walking in the neighborhood; so we’re making progress.

I heard in me from Father, that you are a willing one to learn all truth from Father and Son given you by Daddy, PaPa, Father, in risen Son Jesus for you? Even though you have gone through troubles as well, I know this in me. I cannot predict any future as it will be this and or that.
I do also see this, past is gone so fast, I see what Paul means in Phil 3, I put past behind me, and does not say predicts any future happening
He stands in the present second, presently. Remains in trust to God. He does not, have any "Unrealistic expectations" of any future happening
Stands in Thanksgiving and praise to God, no matter what happens. The Jail help saw him not complain, being in jail. Who does not complain?Being blamed or even set up to not have good things here on earth?
Many want, ask, some get, some do not yet, what is up with that?
Common answer, you not good enough, God holds back unless one is good enough
Oh, Evil that comes as an Angel of Light, only Father can and does reveal to his kids as when needed. Grow in grace as talked of Hebrews 5:12- 6:3
And understand the word "if" used there in that verse Hebrews 6:3, is a greek mistranslation, how? Greek to English, can mean If or Since.
Is God willing to set us free or not? Does God really love us all?
I see does, So stand in belief trust to God to reveal all truth to you personally and be free in adversities here on earth also
Knowing not ever how God will get you through it. Just know in trust God will, Wow Isaiah 6:1-7
 
  • Like
Reactions: seanoflongbeach