Spiritual truth on why Jesus arrived in Jerusalem on a donkey

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 21, 2016
Zecharia 9:9
9Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

It was to be lowly.
Yes sir.Any other King would ride a majestic thoroughbred horse.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Lowly and riding on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey.
Here's the key. It was the lowly humility of the King of Glory to ride on one of the lowliest domestic creatures. Something to note is that (a) the colt was alongside its mother (presumably) and that (b) no man had ever sat on this donkey.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I heard a teaching on it by Dr. John Neufeld while I was out grocery shopping yesterday...

I have always really liked JN's teaching style, so it was nice to be in my car at that time...

I knew right away I wanted to do a panel for it :)
amen I like it for sure . That verse is one of the most plain statements in scripture of who Jesus is and what he did for us

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Amen. Not as a warrior King, which they wanted.
amen he had something far better to offer them eternal Life and entrance into glory forever in a perfect world to come !!

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:36‬ ‭

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Though He could have easily been a warrior king, experiencing visions of earthly glory when tempted by Satan, "And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish."
amen he has a better world and better glory prepared for those who love him

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Here's the key. It was the lowly humility of the King of Glory to ride on one of the lowliest domestic creatures. Something to note is that (a) the colt was alongside its mother (presumably) and that (b) no man had ever sat on this donkey.
amen he also was born in a lowly place a manger. Humbled himself and was made as men lower than angels , And suffered the most horrible death of the worst sinners and then rose up in victory over it all and entered his glory that was from the beginning, the glory of God

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:5-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
amen he also was born in a lowly place a manger. Humbled himself and was made as men lower than angels , And suffered the most horrible death of the worst sinners and then rose up in victory over it all and entered his glory that was from the beginning, the glory of God

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:5-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Philippians 2:5-11
:)

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Yes sir.Any other King would ride a majestic thoroughbred horse.
Yes! And this, in my opinion, seems to be the defining factor for why Jesus entered Jerusalem on the back of a donkey. There is irony that God in the Flesh would humble himself upon an "ass" . . . a mere donkey. But there is more, as this prediction speaks of Power. We ought to be amazed by the Power of God, that He could make such an event actually take place. For, what it the likelihood of God in the flesh doing something so extraordinary? It is this very Power that we witness all throughout the Bible, and especially in the Old Testament, that should cause us to be absolutely stunned and amazed. These predictions should cause us to shudder . . . and tremble with genuine Fear of the Lord.

CS1

May 23, 2012
All the donkeys attributes are made for Gods glory.
They are good workers.Good pack mules for the Lord.
Big ears to hear his voice.
Big nose to smell his presence.
Strong back legs with a deadly kick.Perfect for standing strong for him.
Their eyes are capable of seeing what's in front of them.Donkeys love their masters and will follow him.
These are attributes of the 12 Apostles and what the 144,000 will have.We have the power too.
Have you made a ass of yourself when the lord gave you signet ring in his absence?.We all have.Nobodies perfect.

I'm making the sign of the Ark of the Covenant, with the hands God made,in his image.Now I'm placing the one who's the head of the Church on his mercy seat.
Who's the donkey now?! still me.
So I'll use this fresh donkey jawbone like Samson did and slay many upon many.Thousand's hopefully, at the least.
For his glory.He will raise them up from the dead if they believed.

The colt has his place too.
interesting take .

I think the main reason as some already quote Zachariah 9:9 but I did notice that the king of Salem road a donkey which Salem means peace. The King of Peace came to the City of Peace in Jerusalem = City of Peace riding a donkey :)
But when a King is going to war He rides a Horse. Jesus came to Jerusalem riding a donkey to bring peace they rejected their King.
No one will reject Him the next time.

Feb 21, 2016
His Word is so unbelievable.We don't realize just how much control God really has in our life's.When people are taking their garments and placing palm trees leaves before him.Those with spiritual eyes would see all the signs taking place at that moment, and know he is
the messiah!
Palm leaves?! Look at your hand from the elbow to the tip of your fingers?They were symbolically falling down before him in worship.
Imagine if those without his spirit actually saw these things.They would be filled with murderous rage.

Feb 21, 2016
I'm just going to say this.I'm from the order of Melchizedek.The sign of the dove is placed on my forehead.The signet ring stolen from me,is returned and placed on my finger.
He has left me in charge of his kingdom till his return.He left his spirit in me.Therefore,I'm from the Order of Melchizedek till his return.
Who's with me?
Amen Jesus!.You are who you say you are.

Feb 21, 2016
If anyone believes what I've spoken about on Samson and the fresh donkey jawbone.Keep reading and wonder why all his strength comes from his hair.This is prophecy.

Feb 21, 2016
If anyone believes what I've spoken about on Samson and the fresh donkey jawbone.Keep reading and wonder why all his strength comes from his hair.This is prophecy.
The image of which God has made Adam and Eve are connected.Even if you don't understand.The seed has been planted.When the rains fall.it will bare fruit.That's how God works.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I'm just going to say this.I'm from the order of Melchizedek.The sign of the dove is placed on my forehead.The signet ring stolen from me,is returned and placed on my finger.
He has left me in charge of his kingdom till his return.He left his spirit in me.Therefore,I'm from the Order of Melchizedek till his return.
Who's with me?
Amen Jesus!.You are who you say you are.
Wow! I don't know if I am "with" you, but I'm certainly not going to bash you. :)